... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Royal Athenaeum LFR

A summary:

1)faceroll boss, 1 shot

2)7 stacks of det

3)faceroll boss, 1 shot

The new Durumu has been found!

I think we can expect nerfs to the Star Auger not unlike the massive nerftrain that ran over Nazgrim in SoO.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    That would be good, yes.
    Having a boss that requires a lot of Determination stacks is not a good thing.
    But LFR releases have these tuning issues from time to time - just like the higher difficulties, so it's not really a big thing. Blizzard will eventually fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    That would be good, yes.
    But LFR releases have these tuning issues from time to time - just like the higher difficulties, so it's not really a big thing. Blizzard will eventually fix it.
    Having a boss that falls over by just looking at it isn't a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Having a boss that falls over by just looking at it isn't a good thing.
    In LFR? Why would that be a bad thing? Please explain?
    That's exactly what they need to do

In LFR? Why would that be a bad thing? Please explain?
    That's exactly what they need to do
    It should require at least a small amount of effort >.>

But star ain't bad, we did it with 2 determination cause people don't know how to switch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It should require at least a small amount of effort >.>
    And they usually do. I don't see the problem here.
    Next week most people already know the fight and with a nerf or two this will be a faceroll just like it's supposed to be.

How would you even wipe to star augur anyway? Standing on the tanks in phase 1? Standing in fire phase 2? Putting the add near the boss stage 3? Legit question, not trolling.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Star Augur is only a pain if the tanks don't know anything. I oneshoted it on 2 chars because the tanks knew the fight and there was a guy calling the switch to add.

And they usually do. I don't see the problem here.
    Next week most people already know the fight and with a nerf or two this will be a faceroll just like it's supposed to be.
    But why does it need to be faceroll? it still offers tier, why does it need to be so easy you can afk it and win?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    How would you even wipe to star augur anyway? Standing on the tanks in phase 1? Standing in fire phase 2? Putting the add near the boss stage 3? Legit question, not trolling.
    Tanks not moving add away and people not swapping

10+ Year Old Account
    I 2shot it earlier today. Once people figured out "don't get feared" we did fine.

1) PewPew
    2) Pull add(s) away from boss
    3) CDs for Phase3
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

That would be good, yes.
    Yeah, and there were guys in another thread, who were telling me, that they were playing some another game and that there weren't such bosses, as Shamans in SoO, that required 6 stacks to beat them even according to tactic. Crap, like this - is the reason, why I stopped doing LFR. Sitting for 3 hours on one boss - is against whole idea of casual raiding.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Lfr progress, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But why does it need to be faceroll? it still offers tier, why does it need to be so easy you can afk it and win?
    It's meant for people who don't do "organized" content. They're not organized.
    And that means you must be able to complete it without having to do "a strategy".
    Every time they add a boss that requires a tiny bit of strat, we get threads like this one, with people complaining about the difficulty.

For someone who does raid the higher levels it of course appears as "afk and win" - but if you talk to people who only solo quest, they're still a bit intimidated by the whole thing. The majority of the playerbase is made from players like that. LFR is for them. It's not for us (who raid and post in forums, we're the "hardcore")

LFR Star Auger is a bit like LFR Archimonde I think. My group ended up with 4 determination because the tanks didn't know what to do and one time an idiot accidentally pulled the boss after bringing 5 mobs into the boss room after a wipe. We 1shot Aluriel and Botanist (with a little difficulty).

After the first 3 wipes, we had new tanks that actually knew what to do, but our group just didn't have the raw power to take down the boss and we NEEDED 4 stacks to be able to do it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and these 3 bosses probably took about the same amount of time my PUG Normal NH group today did to full clear with only 2 wipes (star auger and high botanist trash).
    Last edited by Miztickow; 2017-02-08 at 05:40 AM.

It's meant for people who don't do "organized" content. They're not organized.
    And that means you must be able to complete it without having to do "a strategy".
    Every time they add a boss that requires a tiny bit of strat, we get threads like this one, with people complaining about the difficulty.

For someone who does raid the higher levels it of course appears as "afk and win" - but if you talk to people who only solo quest, they're still a bit intimidated by the whole thing. The majority of the playerbase is made from players like that. LFR is for them. It's not for us (who raid and post in forums, we're the "hardcore")
    But every piece of content should at least pose some pushback and difficulty for who its aimed at, of course it's easy for those who raid, but a couple of wipes the first time you do something isn't out of this world, if people are still getting 7 stacks in a month, sure, then nerf it.

Durumu was so amazing when it first came out, we hit 10 stacks before we killed it, such a funny night. It got nerfed a bit, but to this day one of my favourite LFR fights. I love watching the wipes and tears. Very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Miztickow View Post
    LFR Star Auger is a bit like LFR Archimonde I think. My group ended up with 4 determination because the tanks didn't know what to do one time an idiot accidentally pulled the boss after bringing 5 mobs into the boss room after a wipe. We 1shot Aluriel and Botanist (with a little difficulty).

After the first 3 wipes, we had new tanks that actually knew what to do, but our group just didn't have the raw power to take down the boss and we NEEDED 4 stacks to be able to do it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and these 3 bosses probably took about the same amount of time my PUG Normal NH group today did to full clear with only 2 wipes (star auger and high botanist trash).
    did your group save bloodlust for that phase? or bust it out on the pull where nothing is happening so you got max dps to deal with nothing at all?

i bet you if people saved CD's for 30% and lust you would of done it, but instead it's yolo everyone do whatever the fuck they want as long as you pull 200k dps when you wipe it's blizzards fault raids too hard ye? also how many ppl spent their time running around feared doing zero dps as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Durumu was so amazing when it first came out, we hit 10 stacks before we killed it, such a funny night. It got nerfed a bit, but to this day one of my favourite LFR fights. I love watching the wipes and tears. Very fun.
    they could of had it with trilliax & annihilation but instead they made it tickle your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    did your group save bloodlust for that phase? or bust it out on the pull where nothing is happening so you got max dps to deal with nothing at all?

i bet you if people saved CD's for 30% and lust you would of done it, but instead it's yolo everyone do whatever the fuck they want as long as you pull 200k dps when you wipe it's blizzards fault raids too hard ye? also how many ppl spent their time running around feared doing zero dps as well?

- - - Updated - - -

they could of had it with trilliax & annihilation but instead they made it tickle your balls.
    I was the only person using BL and it was always used when the first big add showed up. We did not have the power to beat the boss with 0 determination.
    But you might have a point with the fears. I wasn't watching how many people got feared in the last 2 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Get a monk tank, and have them taunt when he's annihilating :3 Some people will die. It basically bugs out the animation so it isn't actually where it shows, it moves faster (invisibly) so when people think they're dodging it, they're actually running with it, and just die to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Kill the adds, stupid!"