Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    eh, I'm not in that group of people that thought as soon as Trump took office the world order as we know it would fall over in a matter of days. I'm in the camp that expects it to happen in a matter of years. though I think it will come in the form of another wall street melt down. since the Cheeto pretty much put us back on track for that to happen again in a couple years. if/when we have another financial collapse and the government doesn't punish the people responsible for it I fully expect there to be a violent response.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    eh, I'm not in that group of people that thought as soon as Trump took office the world order as we know it would fall over in a matter of days. I'm in the camp that expects it to happen in a matter of years. though I think it will come in the form of another wall street melt down. since the Cheeto pretty much put us back on track for that to happen again in a couple years. if/when we have another financial collapse and the government doesn't punish the people responsible for it I fully expect there to be a violent response.
    Should it not happen? I do not know why left is complaining about trump. If he really is the disaster, they think he is, then they should be cheering for it. Both sides agree, the current system in corrupt and beyond repair, why work so hard to maintain the current system? Let Trump do his things, and have the chips fall s where it may.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
    Democracy already needed to change.

Mainly to be replaced by a superior technocracy. Society aught be managed and controlled by enlightened and educated people. Voting just leads to Brexit and other incorrect outcomes.
    incorrect for who? The people who are not affected by choices they made? You mean those technocrats?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Mainly to be replaced by a superior technocracy. Society aught be managed and controlled by enlightened and educated people. Voting just leads to Brexit and other incorrect outcomes.
    ah, everyone must listen to me because I is teh smartiest! Go drink some more lead paint. No one with half a brain wants to actually rule over others, it's a small-minded endeavor. Genuinely intelligent people spend their time searching for greater knowledge, not trying to herd sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Should it not happen? I do not know why left is complaining about trump. If he really is the disaster, they think he is, then they should be cheering for it. Both sides agree, the current system in corrupt and beyond repair, why work so hard to maintain the current system? Let Trump do his things, and have the chips fall s where it may.
    which is why I don't expect Trump to make it to a second term if he even completes his first. the people who voted for him get burned and I get to waggle the big ol dick of "I fucking told you so!" in their faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    The problem facing The King in Orange is that the US has a lot of (metaphorical) bills coming due: multiple bubbles; wealth inequality; refusal to adopt 1st world standards on health care and other public goods; the impact of global warming; aging infrastructure; a spectrum of costly, inefficient, and entrenched rent-seeking corporations in vital roles; neglect of strategically sound military infrastructure; a deeply divided populace on multiple axes; a habit of ill-advised military ventures; regulatory capture; and more I've doubtless missed. His predecessors, whatever their failings, have done a competent job of juggling all the above and kept the ship afloat - Trump, in contrast, is grossly incompetent as an executive and has a number of obvious failings (no imagination, myopia, narcissism, etc) that will only magnify that gross incompetence. Every single thing he does damages the US for a generation - if he's not replaced within six months (and even Pence would be better, terrible as he appears to be) then the US is going to experience the equivalent of a tarot deck's Death card - transformational change (and likely not for the better).

A world is supported by four things: the learning of the wise, the justice of the great, the prayers of the righteous and the valor of the brave. But all of these are as nothing without a ruler who knows the art of ruling.

-Dune, by Frank Herbert
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    The problem facing The King in Orange is that the US has a lot of (metaphorical) bills coming due: multiple bubbles; wealth inequality; refusal to adopt 1st world standards on health care and other public goods; the impact of global warming; aging infrastructure; a spectrum of costly, inefficient, and entrenched rent-seeking corporations in vital roles; neglect of strategically sound military infrastructure; a deeply divided populace on multiple axes; a habit of ill-advised military ventures; regulatory capture; and more I've doubtless missed. His predecessors, whatever their failings, have done a competent job of juggling all the above and kept the ship afloat - Trump, in contrast, is grossly incompetent as an executive and has a number of obvious failings (no imagination, myopia, narcissism, etc) that will only magnify that gross incompetence. Every single thing he does damages the US for a generation - if he's not replaced within six months (and even Pence would be better, terrible as he appears to be) then the US is going to experience the equivalent of a tarot deck's Death card - transformational change (and likely not for the better).
    yeah at least for the short term. the thing I'm in awe of is how in less then a century we are right back where we were before the 1929 financial collapse. now how America and really the world reacts to that happening is a cause of great concern.

7+ Year Old Account

You cannot be serious

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    the resistance a president meets is based on how extreme his speeches/ideas/policies/actions are

if a president is totally moderate and compromising on all aspects, none is going to protest against him or lose any sleep because he won the election
    Using that as justification reject a democratic election result that was fairly won while also claiming that you support democracy is pure doublethink.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I too will enjoy it when everything costs way more.
    Do you not support a living wage?

And yet you want cheap products produced by slave labor.

Can't have it both ways. For example, yes, things will be more expensive if the minimum wage goes up. But that's a consequence of a just cause. Or do you not support the minimum wage either?

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    You cannot be serious
    What a compelling argument.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredDragoon View Post
    This is almost comical:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdSsJQ-fvOU

It's as if their politicians WANT their people to become doormats.
    This isn't very representative, really, regardless what you think about his most helpless statement which hasn't been the most common answer in Germany when it comes to that question asked regardless of what people may suggest and we are only talking about local politicians like town mayors. This is also about some hinterland town in the German hinterlands having less than 5,000 inhabitants of which probably 75% are above 50 years as is the case in many East-German towns. The question of harassment is barely an issue given that there's been about 85 refugees in that town, a low figure typical for most East-German states meaning that the least affected regions are also the most loud ones when it comes to crying. Being against anything strange and foreign is not a new trend either when it comes to these regions, it's practically ingrained in their culture, they have been like that even in DDR times. They have been known to be highly segregationist when it comes to strangers so even if you tried to integrate it'd be nigh impossible due to the palpable wall of sheer hostility. This hostility always had economical side effects and it's even worse these days.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Pfft, what would the Germans know about the fall of democr...

...oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the only thing that's dying is globalism

rot in hell
    Don't be such a left wing pinko commie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Everyone made fun of Trump for saying the election process is BS. Then he wins and all of a sudden democracy doesn't work and it's the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully the cover will be replaced with this one eventually!

On topic, yes, democracy is threatened, but then, hasn't it always been? The pendulum is always swinging: these are the low days for democracy in the world, but in a few years it will likely be the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

i love how the media keeps me thinking every day is Germany in 1933, their fear mongering is making people disillusioned with the media, and with all of the issues entirely. Ya if u are a Shillary it sucks your candidate lost, but oh well, you can try again in 4 years.

Deleted
    The problem is that the majority of Trump supporters don't oppose the idea of autocracy. They -want- Steve Bannon to be their all powerful leader.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, it is a comment. See original article.

I asked because breitbart and sputnik readers most times dont know the difference between news and comments.
    If it is a comment then its automatically biased, like I said at the beginning. I am not even sure what your point is.

Deleted
    Always so much drama in the media.

Why? Because it sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Everyone made fun of Trump for saying the election process is BS. Then he wins and all of a sudden democracy doesn't work and it's the end of the world.
    Wasn't it more about him saying the process is BS, then suddenly proclaiming it's the best, the very best, after he won? All from his mouth or thumbs, not mine.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    But it is owned by someone. Does that someone not have his own agenda to push?
    Dude, this isn't American media. Or even English print media. You will find few weekly magazines with a reputation of investigative journalism (actual investigative, instead of browsing reuters ticker box like most other news sources) like Der Spiegel has.

But, that doesn't matter. You don't know the magazine, you don't care about the content or the sources. Someone said something against Trump, so therefore they must not only be wrong but biased as well. With your logic, your god king is the absolute monarch of the Kingdom of America.

"L'etat, c'est moi!" - Trump 2018.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.