Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's that? Strategy in LFR? What do you expect from people? The E word? Don't you dare use that dirty word when in there or else you might hurt their feelings.

The E word is Effort.

It kinda sucks that if something in LFR isn't a guaranteed one-shot where you can basically train through mechanics, it's considered overtuned.

I see nothing with killing a boss at 7 stacks. If for ONE fight the group needs to adapt and realize "when somebody is pulsing they run out" that's not a big deal. It gets easier every time you fail and should have SOME learning curve. I'd understand if groups were just continuously failing to do it because the DPS check was too high or something, but if it's just "people don't run out" (and Im assuming that was your issue) then even people in LFR should be able to do that in 6 tries. If you're dying to not killing adds, having them DPSd down is also not some absurd expectation. How would you even want them to nerf this? Have the adds hit for nothing or have tiny health bars, and have the debuffs do so little damage that they can be soaked by the entire raid every time? What would the point be?

I don't see Det stacks as a bad thing. It's a way to force you to try to put SOME effort into a fight, while still pretty much guaranteeing that you'll eventually kill it anyways,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But every piece of content should at least pose some pushback and difficulty for who its aimed at.
    Why should it? And how do you know it doesn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how easy the fight is on normal, I'm surprised the LFR version is hard for groups.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Lfr progress, lol.
    Exactly. Reading these posts made me LOL.
    So its the understanding (or lack of) about switching target that make the encounter omghard in LFR.
    I'm a pvper and even I know that... Once in a while I try out LFR (new stuff) and those players I encounter are the most anti social and toxic ever- and they don't understand basic mechanics :| Yay for LFR heroes.
    Dosnt DBM tell you to switch target when you have to ?

for LFR all they need to do is remove or reduce the dmg reduction Augur gets when the big add is to close.

Having a mechanic where some dick head (probably from ragnaros or goldrinn) can wipe a group by tanking a mob in the wrong spot is dumb. Like the hyrja/hymdall, its not a hard mechanic, but its easy for somebody to grief a group with.

I cannot think of a way to wipe your group in Emerald Nightmare LFR

I dunno, spent about three hours wiping on him today. Gets to phase three, first add comes out, lust kill it. Return to boss. Second add comes out kite it away. And boss is still alive when third add comes out, kite it away. And have boss zerk and one shot everything at as low as 2.8 mil health at 7 stacks of perserverence.

I needed some aspirin after that. Top dps was 215k, down to 95k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Exactly. Reading these posts made me LOL.
    So its the understanding (or lack of) about switching target that make the encounter omghard in LFR.
    I'm a pvper and even I know that... Once in a while I try out LFR (new stuff) and those players I encounter are the most anti social and toxic ever- and they don't understand basic mechanics :| Yay for LFR heroes.
    Dosnt DBM tell you to switch target when you have to ?
    I think you vastly overestimate the people who play this game, their interest levels and skillsets.
    We who post here, are the hardcore. We don't represent the "common WoW player".

Majority of players have no idea what DBM is. Or that the game has addons. Or where to get them.
    They queue in to LFR because the in-game quest journal takes them there. Most probably wouldn't even know the content is there otherwise. Same with dungeons, they don't do them for loot or the challenge. They do it because the game directs them there. They've no idea what the content actually is.

Understanding things like target switching, not standing in fire etc ... is just way outside the skillsets of most people.
    They do LFR to follow a story/narrative the game presents to them. They don't do it to "raid". Or to get "sweet epics". It's not a "challenge"-thing.
    It's simply about seeing the story and completing a quest in their journal.

And most people who have done it, are actually intimidated by it because it's content that has "other people" in it. Or that you actually wipe and some tryhard idiot who is internet toughguy because they "just killed this on Normal and it was faceroll lol" yells at them.

I'm in a casual guild these days, we have a lot of people who just solo and never do LFR, because "it seems hard" or "too much effort".

That's the intended audience for LFR - the silent majority of players. Not us, the hardcore forumposting snowflakes.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2017-02-08 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    Let me tell you all the ways I wipe groups on LFR EN then

First boss, the trash before nythendra, sneaky pull more blobs so you're vsing like 6 at once. Easy wipe.
    Il'gynoth (Juicy as fk) dot all tentacles on your way to the boss, usually the grp with either notice and spend 20minutes clearing them, or not notice, then not be able to leave (I've just clicked a red crystal and been waitin at next boss while they spend 20minutes there). Or just click a green crystal and aoe the whole grp down.
    Renferal, just before the boss flys up, taunt her. Stay on the side you're on, when the boss lands she'll run to you, and if the tanks aren't fast enough re-taunting her, she'll go on the web and get a 500% damage increase, which is a gg wipe.
    Oh my favourite thing though, is after il'gynoth, pick the person who was the most abusive about the tentacles (They have to be really really rude for me to do this), and when you're heading to renferal, swap blaster them off the edge, the second they release, pull the boss.
    Ursoc, nothing really but you can pull the last trash pack you avoid and then quickly run to the boss.
    Dragons, nothing really.
    Cenarius, oh cenarius. Show up a little late to the boss, with 2 trash packs you avoided earlier, pull the boss once adds are down, dread thorns = gg wipe.
    Xavius, nothing really.

Trolls will find ways to wipe the group. And honestly, baby proofing bosses so it can't happen, just makes the entire thing utterly boring, go in, spam 1 button, get loot. Do that mind-numbing activity for 2-3hrs a week.. Yeah I'll pass. Would rather make it entertaining.

Elegon in MoP MSV, that was an amazing fight, people falling to their deaths, hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    How would you even wipe to star augur anyway? Standing on the tanks in phase 1? Standing in fire phase 2? Putting the add near the boss stage 3? Legit question, not trolling.
    Star is the most hated boss fight overall. Obviously not everyone feels this way. But pretty much every PUG I have been in does their best to avoid it. On both Mythic and Normal. Many forum posters complain about it, and many raiders I have heard don't like it. Haven't seen a boss this hated in awhile. Except BRF where you needed a shadow priest for that one idiot boss.

My point is if Star is so easy and a faceroll good time that people never wipe on. Why do people avoid it and hate it?

Star Augur is fine actually. Well in my opinion anyways.

The only time I wanted an encounter to go straight to the fucking ground was Iron Maidens LFR, because fuck my life it was a loooooooooong boring 10 minutes followed by a wipe when half the healers were sleeping as well as the DPS.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    for LFR all they need to do is remove or reduce the dmg reduction Augur gets when the big add is to close.

Having a mechanic where some dick head (probably from ragnaros or goldrinn) can wipe a group by tanking a mob in the wrong spot is dumb. Like the hyrja/hymdall, its not a hard mechanic, but its easy for somebody to grief a group with.

I can explain it and in my small casual guild we cleared normal so easy it felt like LFR. I am with you had no idea it was possible on LFR. Until I ran it. Before other raids had came out the trash for Nythendra killed many of my groups. It just ate the healers up. Right off the bat completely wipe on first trash pull. On Cenarius people would pull the trash every single time, and when EN was completely released for LFR it would wipe groups.

I have still not had a LFR where trash wasn't pulled on him. But now players out gear it so it isn't a problem beyond short bus horn beeping.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Star Augur is fine actually. Well in my opinion anyways.

The only time I wanted an encounter to go straight to the fucking ground was Iron Maidens LFR, because fuck my life it was a loooooooooong boring 10 minutes followed by a wipe when half the healers were sleeping as well as the DPS.
    Iron Maidens was the worst fight for me since the Twins in Vanilla. Not because it was hard it took forever and it was extremely boring. That fight alone takes BRF out of my top 10 raids.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Considering how easy the fight is on normal, I'm surprised the LFR version is hard for groups.
    Unfortunately when one goes into an LFR their brains shutdown, the one I was in at Star Augur just could not change to the adds after about 3 wipes half the raid got fed up and left.. And I left when someone trolled the boss when we had no tanks and as I left I said "Looking For Idiots strikes again" because that was how it turned out..

Did they hot fix Augur or something? He was as faceroll as every other LFR boss, even with ~6 people afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    It's meant for people who don't do "organized" content. They're not organized.
    And that means you must be able to complete it without having to do "a strategy".
    Eh, a "strategy" is when you come up with a specially-conceived set of movements and/or behaviors for each individual cog (i.e. player) to perform throughout the encounter; reacting appropriately, or inappropriately, to the various mechanics throughout an instance isn't "strategy"... it's called playing the game. If you just want to show up and be rewarded regardless of how you perform, the entertainment venue you're looking for isn't video games, it's binge-Netflix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    Eh, a "strategy" is when you come up with a specially-conceived set of movements and/or behaviors for each individual cog (i.e. player) to perform throughout the encounter; reacting appropriately, or inappropriately, to the various mechanics throughout an instance isn't "strategy"... it's called playing the game. If you just want to show up and be rewarded regardless of how you perform, the entertainment venue you're looking for isn't video games, it's binge-Netflix.
    I hear Netflix is doing great these days, so yeah, content like that is popular and in huge demand. That's why LFR is so great. It offers something to that crowd (and that crowd is huge)

Reading the dungeon journal is difficult.

the problem is the IL requirement is like 30 Il lower than what it drops

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Reading the dungeon journal is difficult.
    Well, yes it is actually. It's hidden away in the menu bar. I doubt very many know it's even there. It's mostly text - LFR is about zerging, so it's not easy to find the relevant info before the boss is pulled.

They should move the short description of each role into the quest log window - so it would 'pop' on the screen when you need it, much like world quests do.
    The game should have better in-game prompting for dangerous abilities (it's been getting better lately, so well done Blizzard).

There are many ways the experience could be improved. Dungeon Journal is definitely one of those things.

Not tried it yet, since on EU, but isn't the Zerg "strat" (off tank add on the side, use cd / hero and tunnel boss) useable on LFR? Should be quite easy to pull off tbh and no tactics involved.