Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Monopoly-esc policies can just be useless regulation. Like say a regulation on the colour of bananas, something minor. Anti-trust laws are significantly harder to game.
    Which really doesnt adress the point that buying the political.process allows.individuals.and firms.to.circumvent any regulatory body. Including anti trust.

You have not.fixed.real problem. The influence of money and power in ostensible democratic.societies.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-02-08 at 05:24 AM.

I thought it was a substantive debate.

Without Trump, there were no personal insults.

Cruz is clearly more intelligent than Trump. He should've won the nomination. But, Americans want to be entertained, so a reality TV star with no political experience is who we got.

I've basically lost any interest in hearing Republicans complain about how things are supposed to be funded at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I've basically lost any interest in hearing Republicans complain about how things are supposed to be funded at this point.
    The important question of funding didnt stop them from iraq or afghanistan or bailing out wallstreet. It only seems to be an issue for big bird and health care.

Monopoly-esc policies can just be useless regulation. Like say a regulation on the colour of bananas, something minor. Anti-trust laws are significantly harder to game.
    Still waiting on you to explain how Republicans will successfully run a Singapore healthcare system.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Fitheach View Post
    I guess this comes down to a fundamental question about the nature of capitalists. Would you argue they are basically good?
    Capitalist don't force a gun at your face if you don't pay for other peoples shit. We just believe that if you don't work you don't eat. I have to pay for my family's health insurance. I shouldn't have to be forced to pay for yours, much less by gun point which is what you believe in. Capitalist get the opportunity to help volunteer, as long with yourself to people who may have a hard time. That's not force, but goodwill, which to me feels good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Capitalist don't force a gun at your face if you don't pay for other peoples shit. We just believe that if you don't work you don't eat. I have to pay for my family's health insurance. I shouldn't have to be forced to pay for yours, much less by gun point which is what you believe in. Capitalist get the opportunity to help volunteer, as long with yourself to people who may have a hard time. That's not force, but goodwill, which to me feels good.
    A capitalist is a human right?

Capitalist don't force a gun at your face if you don't pay for other peoples shit.
    Maybe not literally.

We just believe that if you don't work you don't eat.
    Nope, they believe if you aren't rich you don't get to live a decent life.

I have to pay for my family's health insurance. I shouldn't have to be forced to pay for yours, much less by gun point which is what you believe in.
    You are expected to pay for social infrastructure. You know, made by and maintained by everyone, not just you.

Capitalist get the opportunity to help volunteer, as long with yourself to people who may have a hard time. That's not force, but goodwill, which to me feels good.
    The alt-right, like you, thinks that it's feasible to unilaterally opt out of supporting society. Sorry to break it to you, that's just shirking your personal responsibilities. What you take out from society, you jolly well put it back.

The party of personal responsibility, once again, fails to exercise any personal responsibility whatsoever.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

10+ Year Old Account
    Youre forced to pay for capitalist shit all the time. The external costs of capitalist production are not actually borne by the capitalists. Guess who pays?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Still waiting on you to explain how Republicans will successfully run a Singapore healthcare system.
    It's the most realistic way to address Bernie's concern of people not having access to healthcare and at the same time have some form of free-ish market in healthcare, seems like the best of two worlds. Also i don't really know how to make it work in the USA, but that's not my job at the end and it's up to the GOP to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Youre forced to pay for capitalist shit all the time. The external costs of capitalist production are not actually borne by the capitalists. Guess who pays?
    It's funny to watch alt-right zealots split hairs over capitalism not forcing a gun to your head, when it's effectively the same thing where corporations hold your life ransom.

Who cares if it's a gun or your survival necessities?

- - - Updated - - -

It's the most realistic way to address Bernie's concern of people not having access to healthcare and at the same time have some form of free-ish market in healthcare, seems like the best of two worlds. Also i don't really know how to make it work in the USA, but that's not my job at the end and it's up to the GOP to decide.
    Hahaha you clearly don't know shit about Singapore's healthcare, the amount of market control and government intervention, even for private practice, is staggering.

Every few months the Ministry of Health sets "guidelines" on how treatments should be priced for both public and private. On paper it's something that doesn't need to be followed, but effectively everyone does it and there's a lot of behind-the-scenes deals to ensure all parties play ball.

Maybe not literally.

Nope, they believe if you aren't rich you don't get to live a decent life.

You are expected to pay for social infrastructure. You know, made by and maintained by everyone, not just you.

The alt-right, like you, thinks that it's feasible to unilaterally opt out of supporting society. Sorry to break it to you, that's just shirking your personal responsibilities. What you take out from society, you jolly well put it back.

The party of personal responsibility, once again, fails to exercise any personal responsibility whatsoever.
    I'm a middle class, blue color worker. I live pretty good. I'm not rich. I have nice shit, but I work hard for it. Very hard.

As for the social infrastructure, I'm okay with that, but not at the rate we're going. A lot of that "social infrastructure" is a lot of pork, and a lot of people in the government living fat off of it.

In the private sector people hand out goods, or services. No forcing by gun point. You're not forced to work at Walmart. You're not forced to buy from Walmart. You can literally walk away from Walmart. You cannot do the same with government without having people with guns force their way into your life, or make it miserable.

As for supporting society, how about supporting yourself? You know by working. Paying your percentage in taxes that your tax bracket is in. Instead you would rather force me to pay for stuff I don't believe I should have to pay in. You do this with Government thugs who would hold me at gun point if I don't pay my "share" and they can put me in jail.

The good news is your views and beliefs is totally being shit on right now, and that's a good thing. You want insurance? Get a fucking job. You want to eat? Get a fucking job. You want a place to live? Get a fucking job. Stop telling me I have to support my family and I have to support yours as well.

Your personal responsibility is null and void. You just want to leech off the backs of others.
    Last edited by Deathcries; 2017-02-08 at 05:53 AM.

I'm a middle class, blue color worker. I live pretty good. I'm not rich. I have nice shit, but I work hard for it. Very hard.

As for the social infrastructure, I'm okay with that, but not at the rate we're going. A lot of that "social infrastructure" is a lot of pork, and a lot of people in the government living fat off of it.

In the private sector people hand out goods, or services. No forcing by gun point. You're not forced to work at Walmart. You're not forced to buy from Walmart. You can literally walk away from Walmart. You cannot do the same with government without having people with guns force their way into your life, or make it miserable.

As for supporting society, how about supporting yourself? You know by working. Paying your percentage in taxes that your tax bracket is in. Instead you would rather force me to pay for stuff I don't believe I should have to pay in. You do this with Government thugs who at gun point if I don't pay my "share" can put me in jail.

The good news is your view is totally being shit on right now, and that's a good thing. You want insurance? Get a fucking job. You want to eat? Get a fucking job. You want a place to live? Get a fucking job. Stop telling me I have to support my family and I have to support yours as well.

Your personal responsibility is null and void. You're just want to leech off the backs of others.
    this is how i feel, well said.

Oh yes, the usual alt-right anecdote/emotional argument.

Not that's there's ever a rate that isn't <=0% that will satisfy the alt-right.

Yeah, the alternative is to pay much, much more for your daily necessities. So pick your poison, either have guns at your head, or have your livelihood be at stake. Either way, your survival is on the line.

As for supporting society, how about supporting yourself? You know by working. Paying your percentage in taxes that your tax bracket is in. Instead you would rather force me to pay for stuff I don't believe I should have to pay in. You do this with Government thugs who would hold me at gun point if I don't pay my "share" and they can put me in jail.
    Funny, because last I checked, that's exactly what the Democrats want and what the Republicans cry and complain over.

The good news is your views and beliefs is totally being shit on right now, and that's a good thing.
    Which is why Trump got less votes than Hillary and his approval rating is only dropping every day?

You want insurance? Get a fucking job. You want to eat? Get a fucking job. You want a place to live? Get a fucking job. Stop telling me I have to support my family and I have to support yours as well.
    It's funny that you think every job does all that.

Your personal responsibility is null and void. You're just want to leech off the backs of others.
    Is this before or after the alt-right insists on raising taxes on the poor and middle class and cutting taxes of the rich?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    cruz is going to touch that woman with the hand of god and cure her cancer
    So if Obamacare was removed you think your premiums will go down? Or even slow it's increase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    this is how i feel, well said.

Its the typical conservative i earned it so fuck everyone else. Couple years back wolf blitzer asked ron paul if society should let someone without health care die. Morons in the audience screamed yes.

Of course you never hear any similar objections to wall street. Its really only beat up and shit on the weakest and powerless in society.

I love Bernie but he's not the best debater. He needs to stop giving Cruz a talking point with "Countries in Europe do it" so that Cruz can counter and go "HURDUR WE ARE THE USA I DON'T WANT TO BE EUROPE"

He needs to say something like, "Yes it works in Europe, but I'm not saying we need to BECOME them, only that the US is capable of creating something similar"

And god it frustrates me when someone goes "Well we have the best healthcare in the world" and NO ONE says "YES, WE DO, but we're not debating the QUALITY of healthcare, we're debating the method of obtaining that healthcare"
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I love Bernie but he's not the best debater. He needs to stop giving Cruz a talking point with "Countries in Europe do it" so that Cruz can counter and go "HURDUR WE ARE THE USA I DON'T WANT TO BE EUROPE"

He needs to say something like, "Yes it works in Europe, but I'm not saying we need to BECOME them, only that the US is capable of creating something similar"

And god it frustrates me when someone goes "Well we have the best healthcare in the world" and NO ONE says "YES, WE DO, but we're not debating the QUALITY of healthcare, we're debating the method of obtaining that healthcare"
    Unfortunately, Bernie isn't very good at emotional arguments, unlike his opponents.

Unfortunately, Bernie isn't very good at emotional arguments, unlike his opponents.
    Yeah, he has a habit of falling back on to tag lines. Roommates and I were guessing how many times he'd say "Super PACS" in the debates.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

My favorite Sanders moment: "Access doesn't mean a DAMN THING!"