Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lartok View Post
    Probably the same reason they're allowed in the White House, people are stupid and like to hear what they think is good/right NOT what actually IS.
    Idiots do love being lied to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    We live in an age where almost anything can be fact checked within 60 seconds, and people are too stupid and lazy to do so because they like comfortable lies to the horrible truth that they are wrong.
    I've had numerous people get incredibly mad at me IRL for presenting proof that they were wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    That's misdirection that comes from not telling the whole truth. Because what he said is true, but he leaves out the crucial fact that nobody has the time, money or inclination to prosecute random Joe's for this trivial shit.

Not technically a lie, but shady as fuck regardless.
    What part of "it's different for the media" is true? Clearly I'm unaware of a law.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

Why are habitual liars routinely invited back on television to tell more lies?

Whats worse, the media allowing these people to spread their lies or the media censoring these people by not airing their alternative views?
    Where were these complaints when Hillary was lying on a daily basis?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've had numerous people get incredibly mad at me IRL for presenting proof that they were wrong.
    That's a global phenomenon I fear, we're steadily moving out of the information age and into the "convenient alternative fact" era.

I feel for you because those people are usually my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Explain to me how "it's different for the media." Go ahead.
    Because they have whistleblower laws. Specifically the first amendment and freedom of the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Benghazi still?

Really?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

All over Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    That's a global phenomenon I fear, we're steadily moving out of the information age and into the "convenient alternative fact" era.
    I'm pretty sure people have always been this way. It's just that they have less and less excuse for holding on to wrong things.

It's usually my family, too. Which makes it all the weirder because one of the usual first responses I get is 'Why do you always have to be right?' Which I find frustrating, considering they know that I readily and routinely admit when I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Because they have whistleblower laws. Specifically the first amendment and freedom of the press.
    There is nothing exclusive about that which would allow CNN to possess/display Wikileaks documents, whereas the general public could not.

What was she lying about? Was she lying about trivial things like Trump with his inauguration numbers? Because her politifact file compared to Trump is exactly the opposite of what Trump's is. Trump has a 70% lie rate, Clinton a 30% roughly lie rate.
    http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/
    http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

But, hey don't let facts get in your way. Keep fucking deflecting to Hillary instead of putting the blame where it squarely needs to be. On Trump and Conway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    There is nothing exclusive about that which would allow CNN to possess/display Wikileaks documents, whereas the general public could not.
    If you were say the guy that was handing off the documents from the hacker to wikileaks, that is illegal. But for CNN to have it and report it, is not illegal. They are protected by the first amendment.

It's usually my family, too. Which makes it all the weirder because one of the usual first responses I get is 'Why do you always have to be right?' Which I find frustrating, considering they know that I readily and routinely admit when I'm wrong.
    My routine is to try and spin it to a middle ground if a social issue.

If it's on science, then I just rain hellfire and damned the consequences.

Same. My family were ardently against Obama, not because he was Democrat, but because he was black. Yes, they are racist asshats. They are also farmers that don't realize that Trump just fucked them in their ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conway? Lol

Her and Spicer are just the janitorial staff that come along after Trump's latest cavalcade of horseshit and attempt to clean up his mess.

I think you meant Trump and his immediate puppet master, Bannon.

More importantly why are they allowed in politics? or why is one allowed to run the US

Sign of high level intelligence: often prefacing statements with disclaimers, and often qualifying terms, and admitting or rephrasing when you've made a mistake. I may have read that recently but it was just one paper.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2017-02-08 at 08:04 AM.

We live in an age where almost anything can be fact checked within 60 seconds, and people are too stupid and lazy to do so because they like comfortable lies to the horrible truth that they are wrong.
    They don't like comfortable lies. They like big scary lies that justify their dislike for certain groups of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    More importantly why are they allowed in politics? or why is one allowed to run the US
    Apparently the thing about voting and the lowest common demon (that was a typo... won't fix) denominator is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They don't like comfortable lies. They like big scary lies that justify their dislike for certain groups of people.
    Shhhhhhh, they aren't bigots though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Unfortunately most politicians lie and they lie because want to hear those lies. Truth makes people reevaluate their own inner thoughts, which a lot of people find uncomfortable. They rather hear lies that conform to their own worldview than have to adjust their view of the world.

Resident Cosplay Progressive