Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Relics 2nd trait

Hi

Couldnt find an answer so i ll ask here.

Did blizzard explained how 2nd trait on relics will work ?
    Every relic in the game get a 2ndtrait , only those looted after 7.2 , only ToS relics?

Thx for answers

Deleted
    you can upgrade your order hall so that every new relic you find will be with 2 traits.
    (maybe bad spelling in german, on an english client it says that you are able to use them, if thats the case, they are nyi - I only saw one from a quest with the second trait being a placeholder [kill Endboss new dungeon])

Ok , so we ll have to grind new relics as soon as the research is completed , at least thats how it is atm.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowswann View Post
    Ok , so we ll have to grind new relics as soon as the research is completed , at least thats how it is atm.
    Thank you
    Honestly... this is the worst part of legion. I can deal with farming legendaries... I can deal with the titanforge system and needing to farm old dungeons for trinkets to hopefully roll high... but when you make me have to REFARM my already high item level relics... ugh. This sucks really.

I think calling that game World of diablo is becoming an understatement ...

Deleted
    Its funny you guys are complaining about this, i wonder who would complain if the system was static and you could get the best relic almost first or second week aka too simple....thats right YOU GUYS, never stop beeing amazed how you can never satisfy people. Even when they put in a random aspect in the game there is whine ohhh nooo its too hard takes too much time....guess what if you want the perfect outfit you need to spend time in any mmo game. How about that the game is still evolving after soo many years geeez

For the people complaining that it will be impossible for you to get the perfect relic, with War/Titanforged and the second stat and whatnot...yeah, that's right. You will never the perfect one. Doesn't really reduce the chance of your next one being better than your current one, tho. And when you get that next one that is better than yours, since it won't be the ultimate BiS magic relic that increases your dps by 50%, you can still get another one in the future. You know, constant possibility of progression.

And yeah, you will have to change your relics after your Order Hall is done...and there will be a new dungeon and a new raid. Weren't we all already going to try for higher ilv relics anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by adrii021 View Post
    Even when they put in a random aspect in the game there is whine
    Yeah , but thats not an aspect in the game , thats expansion IS Rng with things around it ....
    So yeah but .... Nope

7.2 may be out weeks (a month) before ToS open so we will have to refarm old relics , thats all

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not to mention that if the second trait is determined at random (it most likely will be), you will never even know what relic to coin for. Not to mention that getting the perfect relics will be even harder.
    Why do you think it'd be determined by random? It'd be far easier to have it set where X trait also gives Y trait across (since this can be done cross class/spec automatically)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Caifas View Post
    For the people complaining that it will be impossible for you to get the perfect relic, with War/Titanforged and the second stat and whatnot...yeah, that's right. You will never the perfect one. Doesn't really reduce the chance of your next one being better than your current one, tho. And when you get that next one that is better than yours, since it won't be the ultimate BiS magic relic that increases your dps by 50%, you can still get another one in the future. You know, constant possibility of progression.

And yeah, you will have to change your relics after your Order Hall is done...and there will be a new dungeon and a new raid. Weren't we all already going to try for higher ilv relics anyway?
    Its a terrible system, WoW has never been about crazy random items. Making us refarm our relics is even worse, lots of ppl wouldn't be refarming relics till maybe mythic tomb, traits are better than ilevel most of the time, so if you're coming out of NH with the good mythic relics its likely you wouldn't care about relics till mythic tomb, now ppl will have to run an infinite amount of M+ again in the hopes that a relic drops with two good traits. And I imagine it'll feel awesome when you coin that titanforged relic that comes with the worst possible trait in it and becomes useless instantly. Almost as awesome as it feels to drop an useless legendary.

And btw the whole 2 trait research thing is time gated again, cause why wouldn't it be, everything else in this xpac is as well, and apparently costs 50k order resource so ppl who have been getting their tokens with order resource gets the shaft and need to farm even more resources.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-02-08 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Honestly... this is the worst part of legion. I can deal with farming legendaries... I can deal with the titanforge system and needing to farm old dungeons for trinkets to hopefully roll high... but when you make me have to REFARM my already high item level relics... ugh. This sucks really.
    but when 7.2 comes out the ilvl cap will also go up so how will this change anything?

That aktually increases the Chance for bears to get Good relics. 5 thrash relics -> 5 + all relics * Chance to roll thrash as 2nd trait.

Deleted
    You just described what you do every raidtier, its been in the game for over 12 years how are you even thinking this is something new, and even further titanforged was added in pandaria? so its the third expansion where this is used again nothing new, so now you are telling me that "upgraded" relics somehow dont fit your style of gameplay. Read what you wrote again and tell me im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Its a terrible system, WoW has never been about crazy random items. Making us refarm our relics is even worse, lots of ppl wouldn't be refarming relics till maybe mythic tomb, traits are better than ilevel most of the time, so if you're coming out of NH with the good mythic relics its likely you wouldn't care about relics till mythic tomb, now ppl will have to run an infinite amount of M+ again in the hopes that a relic drops with two good traits. And I imagine it'll feel awesome when you coin that titanforged relic that comes with the worst possible trait in it and becomes useless instantly. Almost as awesome as it feels to drop an useless legendary.

And btw the whole 2 trait research thing is time gated again, cause why wouldn't it be, everything else in this xpac is as well, and apparently costs 50k order resource so ppl who have been getting their tokens with order resource gets the shaft and need to farm even more resources.
    I am pretty sure the vast majority of the playerbase will not have a full set of Mythic NH relics. I would be impressed if 5% of the did. It is understandable that you, among several other people, are unhappy with the amount of RNG. But I believe is a matter of perspective. The odds of you getting an upgrade is still the same. If you have 880 gear and go to NH Heroic, all pieces there are an upgrade. However, they can come as a better version. This pretty much kills the concept of BiS, which, while makes it harder for your character to be optimized to its absolute maximum, it also allows for more bosses to possibly drop upgrades. All you have to do is not expect to have the best possible gear, because it is unatainable, but also way better than what would be considered BiS on previous expansions. Just play as you did before, trying to get upgrades from a boss and be happy if it comes out better than usual.

As for gating the 2 trait research...well yeah. That's a little shitty. I am not going to defend gating. And if it is in fact 50k Order Resources, that is far too much. On that part I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not to mention that getting the perfect relics will be even harder.
    That's a good thing. Make getting "perfect" gear nigh impossible so that it's worth having anything that drops so long as it's an effective upgrade.

On topic, I'm curious if that means we should farm whatever level of Nighthold (heroic/mythic by then, personally) we're in once the trait's researched for the rerolled relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Or....and here's a crazy thought.....the ones you have equipped might already have 2nd traits on them when you get that Order Hall trait and this is just an overreaction, we know almost zero about and won't be playable for about 6 months.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Or....and here's a crazy thought.....the ones you have equipped might already have 2nd traits on them when you get that Order Hall trait and this is just an overreaction, we know almost zero about and won't be playable for about 6 months.
    They won't. The trait specifically mentions that when relics DROP they will have two traits. Your old ones are irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    but when 7.2 comes out the ilvl cap will also go up so how will this change anything?
    I wouldn't assume the cap would go up. I don't think Tomb will get released for a month or so into 7.2 what with the whole build up of the Broken Shore quest stuff. It'll probably be like the Suramar quests where they resolve before the raid is released.

I just hate when my character in a role playing game has chances to become stronger. why do they even have gear upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    I just hate when my character in a role playing game has chances to become stronger. why do they even have gear upgrades?
    member when you could get bis and just sell your account? I member!