Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You know Trump is a business man right? The odds of this happening are some 0.1%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Can medias in US not be held accountable before the court for spreading false information and defamation?
    Judging by the media coverage of the last presidential election, and the whole "birther" thing, no.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    No source, and Huffington Post being the one reporting it.

Yeah...
    ofcourse there is no source, regardless of what publication reports it. nobody wants to get fired or face criminal charges over something as minor as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The dollar is the global reserve currency. A currency becomes weak because supply exceeds demand. Reserve status guarantees demand. So if you want a weak dollar you need to do any of the following:
    a) issue massive amounts of debt
    b) manipulate interest rates
    c) create and increase a balance of trade deficit
    d) allow other currencies to overtake the dollar as a reserve currency

Unless you are insane, only interest rate manipulation is available as an option. And that is kind of frowned upon . . .
    Where does printing more money fall into those categories.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Well then, the answer is simple. The general should've said:

A strong dollar strengthens our trading partners, China being our top trading partner if memory serves, but there is also Germany and Japan, Korea, etc.

A weak dollar strengthens our economy.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    That's a complex question. A weak dollar is good for the economy, foreigners will want to buy your cheap exports, Germany and China have been accused of keeping their currencies low.

I really can't think of any benefit of having a strong dollar other than Americans can travel abroad and the dollar has more buying power in foreign places.

I guess if you kept the dollar too low foreigners would start buying US companies so there's that too.
    You may want to check your sources. Germany doesn't have a currency. Hasn't had one since 2002. But continue...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

trump called me yesterday to ask how to troll properly

They have the Euro. Which largely does what Germany wants it to do and not what other states need it to do simply because by weighted average the needs of the far larger German economy outweigh everyone else.
    Germany doesn't control the Euro. And no, it doesn't largely do "what Germany wants". It seems you need a lesson in how the EU works. Not surprising on this forum. The ECB is quite independent and supercedes the German Federal Bank and other national banks. The Governing body is mainly made up of non-Germans:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...xecutive_Board

No conspiracies allowed here.
    Last edited by Slant; 2017-02-08 at 12:17 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    More liberal fake news lies

10+ Year Old Account
    More fake news!

I think I should start a collection.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I'm going to wait a couple days on confirmation of this. It could be true, it may not be. If both sides are refusing to comment on it, that may not be a good sign for them.

I honestly hope HP gets sued for this.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Huffington Post? Alex Jones has more credibility, and he's crazy!
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHhahaha haven't clicked on this leftist rag in a long time. So this is where most of mmo-c left squad get their "facts".

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    HAHhahaha haven't clicked on this leftist rag in a long time. So this is where most of mmo-c left squad get their "facts".
    Fake or real, the fact that Trump is getting pissy about these things says it all, sweetheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You may want to check your sources. Germany doesn't have a currency. Hasn't had one since 2002. But continue...
    If Germany had a currency it would be stronger than the Euro and eliminate the advantage in trade it holds due to it. e.g Switzerland, when they unpegged their currency from the Euro their exportations immediately took a nosedive. A las I'm not good in monetary policy.

So Mr. Money is clueless and doesn't know who does what either. You think the security adviser is going to get fired for leaking to the press? Mexico, Australia, China, and Russia must be pissiing themselves laughing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't sound very credible to be honest. I mean let's be honest it doesn't take an expert to know that it wholly depends on the economic situation of the country.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Of course the ECB is independent, all central banks are supposed to be. It doing what Germany wants does not imply force but rather natural alignment of interests. It does what the European Economy needs which largely is what Germany needs due to the size of the German Economy vis a vis the other EURO economies. It's not about the Germans forcing their way on the ECB, their interests largely align naturally. It will occasionally take measures that are against German interests but that is far less common than it serving the interests of e.g. Spain.

The fact that you dismiss something counter to your narrative by interpreting it in a specific way and labeling it a conspiracy is far more characteristic of you than me.
    Nope. I just point out that the ecb and euro money politics are designed to benefit all of europe. Not just germany. Now read my post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Germany doesn't control the Euro. And no, it doesn't largely do "what Germany wants". It seems you need a lesson in how the EU works. Not surprising on this forum. The ECB is quite independent and supercedes the German Federal Bank and other national banks. The Governing body is mainly made up of non-Germans:
    No conspiracies allowed here.
    Allowing countries like Greece, Italy and Spain into the euro zone keeps the euro low. It would be like if the US made an economic zone with Mexico and central and South America. The dollar would fall to one tenth of a euro even though the US economy itself would be strong.

-- Capt. Copeland