Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No, but sandbags, seawalls, Levys, and idiots not building houses right on the beach will

[
    So not build houses in half of my country?
    Ye, that wont work out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Droughts have been happening all over the world for millennia. Trying to link one with modern man made climate change is pure nonsense.
    This is seriously like trying to argue that flooding is natural so you can't blame the flooding caused by a hydro dam on human activity. Or that water creates caves naturally, so that tungsten mine over there is a natural formation. Or that canal just, like, built itself, naturally.

It's completely ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys this deer died. I see many bullet holes in its abdomen, but it wasn't killed by a gun, deer die all the time. Natural causes.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Guys this deer died. I see many bullet holes in its abdomen, but it wasn't killed by a gun, deer die all the time. Natural causes.
    As a mathematician, the implicit assumption that "A implies B, so nothing but A implies B" drives me up a wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Droughts have been happening all over the world for millennia. Trying to link one with modern man made climate change is pure nonsense.
    People have been dying forever. Trying to link me with a murder is pure nonsense!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The 'it's happened before so it can't be us' insinuation is logically nonsense.

Oranges sometimes fall off the tree on its own. Me grabbing a ladder and cutting some down with a pair of scissors is therefore impossible, because oranges fall on their own, duh.
    This and the others trying to discredit what I said are the nonsense. They are using observable, proven, occurrences. My statement concerns unproven theory.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

This and the others trying to discredit what I said are the nonsense. They are using observable, proven, occurrences. My statement concerns unproven theory.
    I'm attacking your logic by applying it to other situations to make clear why it's wrong.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I'm attacking your logic by applying it to other situations to make clear why it's wrong.
    And your logic fails completely and in no way negates mine. You use totally invalid comparisons.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

And your logic fails completely and in no way negates mine. You use totally invalid comparisons.
    They are invalid because of what distinguishing factors? And what rules of logical inference are you using?

See, when I talk about people's logic I make an effort to explain which part of the logic was wrong, and why. This reply of yours is the equivalent of "NO U."
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2017-02-07 at 07:15 AM.

But yet, to people with higher brain functions know that droughts ARE linked to Climate Change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You really... really mean that? If so, oh boy.
    I think so which is why i understand trump is president.

Because there are still people who can't believe that within the next 100 years the fate of our species will be determined . and if we are to survive with comparable standard of living as it is now we all have to cut short on things. be it big loud cars. or working (because automation is necessary ).

It would be trumps and any other leaders responsibility to prepare the population slowly for the changes to come and make small incremental improvements into the right direction like fixed income for people losing jobs to automation. introduce the 4 days working week. make Diesel illegal. All those things accumulate and in the end it wont be so bad.
    (of course iam oversimplifing and leaving out what the industry can do - iam only counting up things which will affect the working class directly)

People just have to think starting ahead for more than two days..
    Thats all.

The difference is that the effects of gravity and electricity are easily observable and understood by everyone. A prediction of what some old guy in a white labcoat says will happen in 100 years is not. They are basically just saying just trust us we are smart scientists who are right, now go and lower your quality of life and use shitty products so that we can delay the inevitable just a little longer.

In my opinion if its going to happen anyway, might as well get it over with. Rip off the bandaid all at once
    Soo what you are saying is like ..... Press the big red button and be over with it. Why drag it out right?

The difference is that the effects of gravity and electricity are easily observable and understood by everyone. A prediction of what some old guy in a white labcoat says will happen in 100 years is not. They are basically just saying just trust us we are smart scientists who are right, now go and lower your quality of life and use shitty products so that we can delay the inevitable just a little longer.

In my opinion if its going to happen anyway, might as well get it over with. Rip off the bandaid all at once
    Green energy and taking care of the climate isn't lowering anyone's quality of life. Who told you that shit? Quite the opposite. Putting solar panels on your fucking roof will shave off $$$ from your electricity bill. Recycling is really just a matter of choosing the right bin to throw shit in. Turning your light off when you leave the room, again, shaving $$$ off your electricity bill.

Btw, this kind of logical inconsistency makes it pretty clear that people like you don't care about the issue or even understand it. People like you are against it just out of spite.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I live on an elevation that is considerably higher than that, so I don't really care.
    Ofc you dont, atleast not until when the people running from lower areas come to your neck of the neighbourhood

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Ofc you dont, atleast not until when the people running from lower areas come to your neck of the neighbourhood
    By that time it will be ok to shoot them from the wall
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    and we have smart people working on fusion reactors (and being heavily underfunded).
    That they are working on fusion at all shows they aren't that smart. Fusion is not overfunded -- given the extreme obstacles to making it work and work practically, the funding is way too large. It's a multigenerational boondoggle surviving on institutional and political inertia.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    You really... really mean that? If so, oh boy.
    He does, but only because he has a huge lack of education or tries to channel his inner Milo and troll.

That's the best part about conservative trolls is that they never seem to fail when it comes to alienating people. Reported OP for trolling.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Green energy and taking care of the climate isn't lowering anyone's quality of life. Who told you that shit? Quite the opposite. Putting solar panels on your fucking roof will shave off $$$ from your electricity bill. Recycling is really just a matter of choosing the right bin to throw shit in. Turning your light off when you leave the room, again, shaving $$$ off your electricity bill.

Btw, this kind of logical inconsistency makes it pretty clear that people like you don't care about the issue or even understand it. People like you are against it just out of spite.
    Quality of life is lowered when forced to use inferior green products.

No more detergents that actually clean because of phosphates and micro bead bans

No more ice cold AC because of Freon bans

Electric cars are tiny and ugly unless you have over $100,000 to spend on a Tesla, and even then you arent taking it on any kind of road trip because it only goes 300 miles before you need to spend 30 minutes to 8 hours to recharge it depending if you can find a supercharger or not.

Recycling is a pain in the ass because you have to waste hours a week sorting and cleansing your trash (lots of places require you to clean glass bottles and cans). And in many localities, especially rural, you have to drive to a recycling center to drop them off

Due to bag bans you gotta drag stupid cloth bags with you and remember to do so

These are ALL inconveniences and there are many more I havent listed
    Last edited by Orlong; 2017-02-08 at 04:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality of life is lowered when forced to use inferior green products.
    Well, they're not "inferior". So that's just hokum on your part.

No more detergents that actually clean because of phosphates and micro bead bans
    You don't need phosphates, and micro beads do absolutely nothing in the first place.

No more ice cold AC because of Freon bans
    Plenty of other systems that provide temperatures just as cold. Literally no reason to rely on freon.

Electric cars are tiny and ugly unless you have over $100,000 to spend on a Tesla, and even then you arent taking it on any kind of road trip because it only goes 300 miles before you need to spend 30 minutes to 8 hours to recharge it depending if you can find a supercharger or not.
    The immense majority of vehicle trips are well within electric vehicle ranges. And for those longer trips, hybrids are just fine. And most people don't need pointlessly oversized vehicles in the first place. Electric vehicles can have greater torque and horsepower than internal combustion vehicles, pound for pound. If you're a performance junkie in this day and age, you're pro-electric.

Recycling is a pain in the ass because you have to waste hours a week sorting and cleansing your trash (lots of places require you to clean glass bottles and cans). And in many localities, especially rural, you have to drive to a recycling center to drop them off
    The "wasting hours" bit is nonsense.

Due to bag bans you gotta drag stupid cloth bags with you and remember to do so
    And? You're literally arguing that you can't be green because you're lazy and forgetful. That's not an attack on the bags, it's an attack on yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, they're not "inferior". So that's just hokum on your part.

You don't need phosphates, and micro beads do absolutely nothing in the first place.
    Not true. When we had phosphates in our detergents my dishwasher got food off of my dishes, now I have to prewash them before putting them in the dishwasher, and non phosphate detergents also leave water marks on silverware and dishes, so now I have to waste time drying dishes by hand because I REFUSE to use plates and utensils with watermarks on them (the watermarks are usually made by soap residue and microbeads make soap gritty so that it scrubs much better

Plenty of other systems that provide temperatures just as cold. Literally no reason to rely on freon.
    Not true. When I was young, My grandparents had a Ford Comet from the 60s and that got so cold on a 90 degree day that I almost needed a jacket (Id say around 53 degrees), now I have to have the AC on full blast just to be comfortable on a 90 degree day and even then it takes 10 to 15 minutes to cool the car, and it never gets cooler than about 65 in my car (or any other modern car Ive been a passenger in)

And? You're literally arguing that you can't be green because you're lazy and forgetful. That's not an attack on the bags, it's an attack on yourself.
    So what? His argument was that there is absolutely no inconveniences with green products, and I pointed out quite a few