Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Barely any dps gain from unholy tier bonuses?

I did a sim today, where if I replaced my helm, gloves and back with tier of the same item level (I already have tier chest), my dps would only increase overall by 3.1%. The two piece alone gave me 0% dps upgrade. Wtf are these numbers? Is our tier really that bad? Do you guys get more dps gain from it?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your legendaries. Especially Uvanimor, the Unbeautiful and to a lesser extent Draugr, Girdle of the Everlasting King does not work well with the 2 set bonus, because 2 set + 4 set + resource generating legendaries = too many resources which devalue the 2 set bonus especially.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

10+ Year Old Account
    2pc is kinda shit but the 4pc makes the rotation feel and helps negate some rng from generating wounds with fs. with more rng lol
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

4pc + 2pc kinda smooths the rotation a bit.
    However you get too much resources sometimes and end up with unused rune and/or overcapped RP.
    Theoretically 4pc would be nice with necrosis, but the interaction with sotw fucks it up big time.

Blizz should do smth with necrosis and sotw interacting with each other.
    The fact that now taking necrosis basically fucks up sotw is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerunnir View Post
    What is your legendaries. Especially Uvanimor, the Unbeautiful and to a lesser extent Draugr, Girdle of the Everlasting King does not work well with the 2 set bonus, because 2 set + 4 set + resource generating legendaries = too many resources which devalue the 2 set bonus especially.
    Yes I have unholy ring and bracers, and I found myself overcapping resources like hell when I had 2pc on. At least the 4pc is worth getting, even if it's such a low gain for me.

ehm Unholy is ranked as the 5th or 6th highest dps-gain (%-wise) out of all sets

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ower_rankings/

10+ Year Old Account
    To me personally, the 4-Piece set bonus works against legendaries if that makes sense, which is rather silly

Example - 4-Piece gives your Death Coil a 50% chance to apply one Festering Wound, and at 50%, this high proc chance more than often applies wounds at least 6/10 times meaning that the requirement actually use Festering Strike is mostly eliminated since all RP will be dumped into Death Coil, so you have almost permanent wound uptime

Draughr has a 30% chance on Festering Wound to refund one Rune, but considering that you will be using Festering Strike much less due to the 4-Piece set bonus, this kind of diminishes the effects of the legendary belt.

I would have preferred a 4-Piece set bonus to the effects of "Scourge of Worlds proc chance off DC increased by 10%, and Your SS/CS has a 30% chance to extend the duration of SoW by 100%"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    ehm Unholy is ranked as the 5th or 6th highest dps-gain (%-wise) out of all sets

6th place out of 12 classes is barely something to brag about, and considering most the classes that we beat on Tier set bonus damage gained beat us on the overall dps charts due to the class purely just outdps'ing us outside of Tier piece discussion

Unholy needs to be at 1sec GCD. This will for sure mitigate the rune/RP issue. Sadly Blizzard refuse to do it - DKs need to be slow, slow rotation, no movement and no damage.

Deleted

Good to know people are still referencing this post which has been proven to be plain wrong countless of times. UH 2pc being 3.6% increase is a complete joke. The 2pc results in ~15 %. increased uptime of RC, which results in ~2-3 more runes per minute, and that is assuming it doesnt proc at a bad time and makes you overcap runes. UH DK set bonus > Frost DK set bonus? The Frost DK set bonus is ridiculously strong, as you might have noticed Frost DK has become one of the best specs in the game as more and more people got their 4pc, while they were only middle of the pack just above UH during week 1 of this tier. As people got more tier, UH has been dropping in the rankings and Frost has been rising consistently. These are just some of the examples of what is wrong with those tier bonus comparison sims.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...gregate=amount

Can everyone please just start ignoring this completely inaccurate reddit post already?

Deleted
    I personally think that with the 2set you should choose BRW in most cases. It yields at worst identical dps as PP and gives you a few more open GCDs.
    In some fights it can even be used to increase burst AoE and to improve target swapping.
    However, if you're running PP aswell as a ressource legendary, then you will barely notice any dps gains from the 2set.

Generally, I believe that Blizzard did a have ass job with reducing our ressource generation in 7.1.5.
    Energy specs (runes are basically more convoluted energy) should never even be close to being ressource capped.
    No other energy spec has that, not even Frost DKs.

So I firmly believe that a few adjustments are needed, before UH is even worth playing over frost at any point.
    This could include:
    - DT off GCD
    - Festering Wounds not generating RP
    - increasing proccrate of Runic Corruption, but lowering the runespeed increase to 50%
    - some way to increase ressource spending to boost dps (death coil being 30-60rp for instance)

- - - Updated - - -

That is before legendaries. But since our legendaries basically do what the set bonus does, its more like 4-5% dps gain in reality.

I have Uvanimor and along with the 2-set, I generate so much resources it's as if the resource generation nerfs were never even applied. Now with 4-set in the mix, I get to use Festering Strike a lot less so I end up spending most of my runes with CS which only costs 1 rune so it takes way longer to spend my runes.

There is so much resource generation crap for Unholy death knights it's unbelievable. Even in 7.2, look at the new gold trait lol, more resource generation... I honestly hope that it's just a placeholder.

But anyways we are forced to deal with it, just prioritize runes and wounds above runic power while trying your best to minimise losing out on extra resources.

Deleted
    Ive always liked the idea of dc using all of our rp and either doing damage based on rp used and/or increasing its crit chance by 1 per rp used.

Might be a nice time for devs to give it a try?

Quote Originally Posted by dmchellfire View Post
    To me personally, the 4-Piece set bonus works against legendaries if that makes sense, which is rather silly

Example - 4-Piece gives your Death Coil a 50% chance to apply one Festering Wound, and at 50%, this high proc chance more than often applies wounds at least 6/10 times meaning that the requirement actually use Festering Strike is mostly eliminated since all RP will be dumped into Death Coil, so you have almost permanent wound uptime

Draughr has a 30% chance on Festering Wound to refund one Rune, but considering that you will be using Festering Strike much less due to the 4-Piece set bonus, this kind of diminishes the effects of the legendary belt.

I would have preferred a 4-Piece set bonus to the effects of "Scourge of Worlds proc chance off DC increased by 10%, and Your SS/CS has a 30% chance to extend the duration of SoW by 100%"

- - - Updated - - -

6th place out of 12 classes is barely something to brag about, and considering most the classes that we beat on Tier set bonus damage gained beat us on the overall dps charts due to the class purely just outdps'ing us outside of Tier piece discussion
    I need to stop you right here... because the amount of stupidity in this post is jaw dropping. Did you just quote the static 50% chance of our 4p...and then say 6/10 times? That. That's just not how math works. At all. Not even close. You need school. Like right now. Stop playing wow, stop posting here, and pay the fuck attention in math class, because you clearly have no real conceptual understanding of statistics or even fractions.

Second, UH is not a class. As such, being 5th or 6th out of 24!! dps specs is actually quite high. I have never seen someone post here with such an astounding lack of mathematical or even just numerical understanding. You are what is wrong with this forum.

The reality is if you are resourced capped, you have not adequately planned your GCDs. UH is one of the hardest specs to play well in the game. Everyone can claim ignorance and that the spec is sub par, but plenty of us still top meters, still beat all the other classes, and are amongst the strongest players in the game. Frost is simply easier to play well, with 3 buttons and face roll gameplay. The set bonuses are fine, they are very strong, and if you have bracers you should have no problem stomping most other classes on everything save pure ST like krosus.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2017-02-08 at 09:34 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by PassingBy View Post
    4pc + 2pc kinda smooths the rotation a bit.
    However you get too much resources sometimes and end up with unused rune and/or overcapped RP.
    Theoretically 4pc would be nice with necrosis, but the interaction with sotw fucks it up big time.

Blizz should do smth with necrosis and sotw interacting with each other.
    The fact that now taking necrosis basically fucks up sotw is a joke.
    What is sotw?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Unholy needs to be at 1sec GCD. This will for sure mitigate the rune/RP issue. Sadly Blizzard refuse to do it - DKs need to be slow, slow rotation, no movement and no damage.
    And we would lose all purpose in having haste again. Bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    What is sotw?
    Scourge of worlds.

Deleted
    Well I am not finding myself resourced capped, in fact I have an issue of waiting on runes to regen so that I'm able to cast my SR and x3 CS to get the benefit from the buff you get with SR and then there I times when I need to delay this rotation because DT is 3 globals away from coming off CD and I need to use another global to cast it, by which time I need to waste a few more globals to cast SR and x3 CS.

Give us more throughput leggos. Something where the closer you are to the target the more damage CS does, since this cast has a 30 yard range. Another one where DC has a chance to refresh our diseases and make them tick faster. Anything that can compete with frost's amazing throughput leggos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    I need to stop you right here... because the amount of stupidity in this post is jaw dropping. Did you just quote the static 50% chance of our 4p...and then say 6/10 times? That. That's just not how math works. At all. Not even close. You need school. Like right now. Stop playing wow, stop posting here, and pay the fuck attention in math class, because you clearly have no real conceptual understanding of statistics or even fractions.

Second, UH is not a class. As such, being 5th or 6th out of 24!! dps specs is actually quite high. I have never seen someone post here with such an astounding lack of mathematical or even just numerical understanding. You are what is wrong with this forum.

The reality is if you are resourced capped, you have not adequately planned your GCDs. UH is one of the hardest specs to play well in the game. Everyone can claim ignorance and that the spec is sub par, but plenty of us still top meters, still beat all the other classes, and are amongst the strongest players in the game. Frost is simply easier to play well, with 3 buttons and face roll gameplay. The set bonuses are fine, they are very strong, and if you have bracers you should have no problem stomping most other classes on everything save pure ST like krosus.

INFRACTION
    Very happy to see that your classless post got you an infraction, go ahead and insult me some more. If you think that the 50% chance will only result in a 5/10 wounds applied, please go and educate yourself a little. With great RNG you can get 9/10 applications with a 50% chance since it's exactly that, a chance to apply.

Me saying that a 50% chance to apply a wound more than often applies it 6 out of 10 times is by no means a stretch mathematically, since once again, it's RNG

I also did not mention anything about resource capping anywhere in my post, so not sure where you got that from, the main issue was that 4-piece works against legendary affixes, not with them. Take Frost for example - Breath spec does insane damage and mainly spams Obliterate and HB on Rime, and the Legendary belt directly compliments that by offering additional rune gain proc on your most used ability - Obliterate, while the UH belt only refunds on FS, which is the ability you use the least since 4-piece will be applying wounds most of the time.

Just because you have a difference in option, please do not reply in a toxic manner. It's users like you that the forum DOESN'T need. I would rather help someone out that has a slightly wrong perception than create a toxic post telling them how terrible they are.

Grow up please.
    Last edited by dmchellfire; 2017-02-08 at 11:11 AM.

Your reference is a month old. Unholy DK is bottom of the pile at the moment

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/
    Cake!

10+ Year Old Account
    The post he listed referred to DPS gains from going from 0 to 2pc or 4pc by spec. The post you listed shows dps ranking normalized by spec, which does not appear to show 0, 2 or 4 piece, how does this relate?
    I believe both charts are valid since they do not directly relate, at least from what I see, but pls correct me if I'm reading this wrong.