Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X View Post
    Does anyone use the Madam Fay's Fortune minigame? I'm interested in playing it but the rewards have been the same for a while now, is there a chance to win other prizes or just what's listed in the chest in the top left? Bit of a shame to get christmas rewards in Feburary..
    Fay seems to be updated either bi-monthly or quarterly, at least that's what I noticed.

From last we heard there will be a fresh stock of new fortunes come Power of the Primal Matrix (1.7)
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Fay seems to be updated either bi-monthly or quarterly, at least that's what I noticed.

From last we heard there will be a fresh stock of new fortunes come Power of the Primal Matrix (1.7)
    Ah ok, here's hoping! Guess i'll hold onto these then, thank you.

Also, has anyone bought the Leeloo or Baby Trask pets? I'm thinking of getting one, though i noticed some of the pets can be a bit repetative and obnoxious in their idle sounds..
    Last edited by x_Fiona_X; 2017-02-07 at 10:40 AM.

About the quarterly figures, there aren't any, given wildstar only making roughly 1m a quarter. It has been lupped in with "others" whicheck basically includes any NCsoft product besides lineage, gw2,bns, and aion.

You could look at this two ways:

Negative: NCsoft has no interest in wildstar after it's missteps and will probably shut it down soon.

Positive: this change was made as to try and stir down the quarterly hate the game gets. That way when wildstar does increase they can say " products like wildstar saw a large growth in q_ of 20__

Personally I prefer the second option, thought it is so upsetting g this game has had the road it did, had it launched b2p in a drop 4 state, things would have been very different.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2017-02-07 at 02:48 PM.
    Diablo Bore.

Yeah, there's no positive to this. At all. If numbers were good, or even decent, they'd leave it in its own category. The reason they moved it over to "others" is because it's so low it's not worth reporting alone, and that's embarrassing.

Even CoH retained its own individual slot (granted, in a less crowded lineup) right up until it was shuttered. I want to be optimistic, especially with the Primal update looking so good, but at this point I can't imagine NCsoft will keep putting much money into supporting the game. I'd be surprised if the studio is even breaking even with their skeleton crew that they have left : /

Apologies for the questions.. but I was taking a look at some of the previous Wildstar news and I came across this article back from 2015. Now, it said the game was having a graphics overhaul to improve it, however, I feel like my game looks the same as it did the day it was released. Did this update never come to fruition or? Perhaps I'm remembering it wrongly, but my game still looks like the screenshots on the left hand side, as opposed to the updated ones on the right..

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...n-a-new-light/

Apologies for the questions.. but I was taking a look at some of the previous Wildstar news and I came across this article back from 2015. Now, it said the game was having a graphics overhaul to improve it, however, I feel like my game looks the same as it did the day it was released. Did this update never come to fruition or? Perhaps I'm remembering it wrongly, but my game still looks like the screenshots on the left hand side, as opposed to the updated ones on the right..

Not a graphics overhaul, but improved lighting. I believe that did go in, the changes just aren't super major (especially if you run with reduced graphical settings). Don't ever remember hearing the lighting revamp being canceled/delayed, so I assume it was implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not a graphics overhaul, but improved lighting. I believe that did go in, the changes just aren't super major (especially if you run with reduced graphical settings). Don't ever remember hearing the lighting revamp being canceled/delayed, so I assume it was implemented.
    Ah okay, thank you. I do have everything on max settings, so I wasn't sure if it was a problem on my end. Thanks!

The lighting was used in the starter zones and Arcterra, it was planned to expand it to every zone. Buuut I suppose they have more important concerns :/

Oh, and Madam fay next update was revealed, it's pretty neat.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...goes-medieval/

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, there's no positive to this. At all. If numbers were good, or even decent, they'd leave it in its own category. The reason they moved it over to "others" is because it's so low it's not worth reporting alone, and that's embarrassing.

Even CoH retained its own individual slot (granted, in a less crowded lineup) right up until it was shuttered. I want to be optimistic, especially with the Primal update looking so good, but at this point I can't imagine NCsoft will keep putting much money into supporting the game. I'd be surprised if the studio is even breaking even with their skeleton crew that they have left : /
    Well yeah, for the state of the game, this is objectively terrible
    I just think that it would quell the "ded" posts if the numbers aren't there at all.
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and Madam fay next update was revealed, it's pretty neat.
    It's actually kinda garbage to me. The costume is recolored armor that already exists and it looks pretty bad. They could have provided new models that look more like armor and a fancy ren faire dress. It is cool what they did with the existing model, but come on...

Also, going the whole WoW onyx panther route with their mounts is hardcore cash grab. I hate it. It's a cool idea when it's something to earn in game, but when it's gamble boxes with that outcome? Atrocious. It's almost like their desperation to generate revenue is directly tied to the other topic everyone is discussing. I want to believe, because I flipping love W*, but I don't have any hope seeing the continuous downward trend of revenue and content.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's actually kinda garbage to me. The costume is recolored armor that already exists and it looks pretty bad. They could have provided new models that look more like armor and a fancy ren faire dress. It is cool what they did with the existing model, but come on...

Also, going the whole WoW onyx panther route with their mounts is hardcore cash grab. I hate it. It's a cool idea when it's something to earn in game, but when it's gamble boxes with that outcome? Atrocious. It's almost like their desperation to generate revenue is directly tied to the other topic everyone is discussing. I want to believe, because I flipping love W*, but I don't have any hope seeing the continuous downward trend of revenue and content.
    Content? Sorry I disagree there. A downward trend of content would either imply less of it. Or lower quality, and from what we have been told and PTR testing, Primal Matrix is anything but that. As for Madam Fay, the heavy armor one to me is such a good reskin it took you pointing it out for me to realize that it even was one (the shoulders gave it away) Madam Fay hasn't really been on a downward trend either, every single one of her updates is eh to some, terrible to others, and awesome to folks like me, I just like the designs on the armor really.

Onyx Panther? I assume you are referring to the whole gold or different colors thing right? Well i agree, a hardcore cash grab, but seeing as it's for a rng based system that only gives cosmetic rewards, it's nothing for me to complain about.

When it comes to the store, whenever these rng type things happen I don't mind because they aren't really bad to me, what was bad to me was putting amps and AB points on the store. Which I was vocal about

Definitely an opinion thing here, but when I look at what other f2p mmorpgs are doing with their shops, the last thing I will do is be upset about Madam Fay.

On another unrelated note, a while back when Heroes Evolved came out, there was a small promotion where just logging in got you some rewards, they weren't very...well cool. But I think they should really revisit that idea.

Like, for 1.7, when you log in you get a cool costume set and dye just for logging into the game.
    Diablo Bore.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Content? Sorry I disagree there. A downward trend of content would either imply less of it.
    Um...yes. Have you been playing the game? They haven't put out content in like half a year. Half of a shitty raid .001% of people play is not 'content'. And primal matrix is just making that content more valuable, which will increase the participation but doesn't actually solve the problem. I'm personally hella excited for that, but I'll also call a spade a spade. They are making shit for money and giving shit for content. It's a downward trend any way you analyze it, unless you are trying to spin it as alternate facts.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Um...yes. Have you been playing the game? They haven't put out content in like half a year. Half of a shitty raid .001% of people play is not 'content'. And primal matrix is just making that content more valuable, which will increase the participation but doesn't actually solve the problem. I'm personally hella excited for that, but I'll also call a spade a spade. They are making shit for money and giving shit for content. It's a downward trend any way you analyze it, unless you are trying to spin it as alternate facts.
    Well calling it "shitty" is entirely subjective, both wings have also been releases at this point.

2016 saw 1 large new zone, new story instance, two raid releases (granted, one raid)
    As well as many live events and features like cross faction or multique.

Now I woulent dare say this is comparative to the behemoths like wow, ffxiv, or even even eso or Gw2.

But when compared to the "competition " of other F2P mmorpgs.

I mean 2 months I to the year and we are getting a patch for 2 new instances, and 2 major features, it's a great start to the year
    Diablo Bore.

I wonder if there are any plans for an expasion to the game, it could help to attract new players

I wonder if there are any plans for an expasion to the game, it could help to attract new players
    With how much the game makes I doubt there is a budget for an expansion. I doubt NCsoft would fund it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    With how much the game makes I doubt there is a budget for an expansion. I doubt NCsoft would fund it either.
    What he said, the most they could do is a 2.0 style update with a new zone, new dungeon, new raid tier, but no level bumps or something like that. Almost like archeage
    Diablo Bore.

Deleted
    So Primal Matrix drops next week... not sure what to think about it.

Pretty bold move to focus on retention, when acquisition would need a boost also...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    So Primal Matrix drops next week... not sure what to think about it.

Pretty bold move to focus on retention, when acquisition would need a boost also...
    Well Steam has dropped back to 400 in a 24 hour period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I so would like to play this again, but no one I know has any interest or still plays this. I will probably come back next week and play through Arcterra and take a look at the scaleable difficulty in the Expeditions. Beyond that... well, I will probably stop again. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Man, I so would like to play this again, but no one I know has any interest or still plays this. I will probably come back next week and play through Arcterra and take a look at the scaleable difficulty in the Expeditions. Beyond that... well, I will probably stop again. D:
    The next update launches next week, actually. Not a bad time to jump back in : )

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...rives-march-8/

10+ Year Old Account
    The next update launches next week, actually. Not a bad time to jump back in : )

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/ne...rives-march-8/
    Yeah, I saw that. It's just that playing solo any MMO is boring. And since I am still playing WoW, Wildstar would be a small side project or something.

Man, I want a parallel universe where Wildstar became the next big thing and didn't tank so soon. D: