Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Tried. Doesn't work.
    People are more inclined to try and fail to get into a 'better' group than risk wasting time and repair costs on anything less.
    I do it all the time on my lower geared alt. Also, find guildies to help out.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Based on the insane demands on the groups I've tried to get into, it must be.
    I mean why else would they demand the achievement, Curve from Nightmare AND 890 iLevel?
    Try (for science) make pug group for intended item level. In 90% cases you will fall horribly and understand why these groups have such demands. Group finder tool is for people that want to farm content (and it's excellent for it), not for progress runs.

You are looking for excuses. If you don't want to find guild, try OpenRaid. I was using this and got BoP in second week it was available.

Btw, curve and 890 for Nightmare? Where you saw thing like this (and why you think this is standard)?

Only raiders get the non-raider appearances this expansion.
    Yes, it's retarded.
    You are complaining that raiders are getting exclusive appearances? That's exactly the type of thing that should be exclusive to raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    You are complaining that raiders are getting exclusive appearances? That's exactly the type of thing that should be exclusive to raiders.
    No.

I don't care that raiders have exclusive appearances.

I'm complaining that only raiders have the MYTHIC DUNGEON, MYTHIC PLUS and WORLD BOSS appearances.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    made a ticket about this in week 2 or 3 of the expansion when i finished glory of the hero.

answer was "working as intended, some things are left for players to figure out" which was a "clever" way for them to say you gotto wait 4-5 months for the next raid to release.

- - - Updated - - -

No.

I'm complaining that only raiders have the MYTHIC DUNGEON, MYTHIC PLUS and WORLD BOSS appearances.
    the whole row strikes me more as the "PvE row" so it makes sense for me. if anything its the M+15 one that stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    made a ticket about this in week 2 or 3 of the expansion when i finished glory of the hero.

answer was "working as intended, some things are left for players to figure out" which was a "clever" way for them to say you gotto wait 4-5 months for the next raid to release.

- - - Updated - - -

the whole row strikes me more as the "PvE row" so it makes sense for me. if anything its the M+15 one that stands out.
    It might be the PvE row, but it's ass-backwards. If Blizzard wanted to use that row to get players incentivised to run more difficult PvE content by showcasing the rewards they could get, they would have been better served having the first appearance be the world boss one.

That way players who might never otherwise do even Mythic dungeons would see the world bosses on their map for world quests, turn up and get into groups (because originally the auto-grouping was going to be in for launch, if memory serves) to kill the boss, then hopefully say 'this raiding thing is fun, I should do it more,' queue for LFR and maybe go from there.

You've got to have players associate doing content with getting rewards. If they don't get rewards because they're all locked behind other restrictions, you're not going to make them want to do the higher-level content; you're just going to make them think 'eh, can't be arsed.'
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

No.

"No; but yes" Go do raids then, it's not hard to pug the entire thing on heroic.

"No; but yes"
    Nice try, but no.

Deleted
    No.

So basically PvE players are getting PvE Skins by doing PvE content. That's so evil!

Seriously tho how hard is to complete balance of power? i had the quest "wait for nighthod release" for literally months. And i know that everybody even being bad as hell could clear whole normal EN on week1 with no effort on 835-845 ilvl, same for NH on ~870 gear (you had that by basically doing +9 mythics or raiding heroic EN).

I like how nobody can argue against me without strawmanning my argument.

I like how nobody can argue against me without strawmanning my argument.
    You have no actual argument past "I want it, gimmie."

Its been explained why that appearance row is what is is multiple times in this thread. You just refuse or are unable to actually read the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by zyniker View Post
    You have no actual argument past "I want it, gimmie."

Its been explained why that appearance row is what is is multiple times in this thread. You just refuse or are unable to actually read the posts.
    My argument is rock-fucking-solid.
    You don't lock the fucking introductory rewards behind the more difficult content.
    What happened to Mythic Plus being separate or complementary to raiding? Can't even get your rewards for doing a +15 without sinking hours into organised raiding.

My argument is rock-fucking-solid.
    You don't lock the fucking introductory rewards behind the more difficult content.
    What happened to Mythic Plus being separate or complementary to raiding? Can't even get your rewards for doing a +15 without sinking hours into organised raiding.
    You sound really mad.

The only part of that appearance row that's less difficult than NORMAL EN and NORMAL NH is the world bosses. That entire row is a joke. You're so hung up on being unable to use a tint for a skin you haven't unlocked because you cba to find a sequence of normal mode pugs for EN for a few weeks then NH for 2-3 weeks that you can't see that you're yelling at clouds.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Yet another proof Blizz lied claiming m+ is "an alternative to raiding", in practice you're expected to raid and then do m+ on top of it. If you're a purely m+ player who believed in the complete alternate progression path decoupled from raiding? Well the joke's on you.

Personally I'm not in that position, but it irks me that Blizzard is so disconnected from their playerbase. Many, many players like to cherry pick content they like and only play that content. "I'm a raider, I wanna just log for raids." "I'm a pvper, I just wanna pvp and not run maw of souls to upgrade my artifact and stay relevant in pvp." "I'm a m+ player, I want to be recognized and rewarded for my accomplishments in m+ without having to raid." "I'm a solo player I just wanna quest and progress my professions without having to venture into group or non-matchmade content."

Why Blizzard doesn't support these playstyles and allow everyone to just concentrate on what they're enjoying in the game? The constant nudges to get out of what you like and do something you dislike just to progress / unlock / stay relevant in what you care about.
    Well.... THey are supporting these playstyles and apart from a few things, like the artifact apperance, you can get a focused playstyle to work. Blizzard ofcourse wants to players to go into raids, because in their eyes it is the major pull in WoW. They have to focus on something to be the core of the game and that is raiding. But aside from that, nobody is forcing you in there if you don't want to. Mythic+ is designed in a way, that makes you able to level up through it sololy and not even touch raiding. PVP also gives you a great amount of gear, so you quickly get up on a good lvl of power. And solo play.... Well, i would say that the recipies being locked raids and dungeons are dumb, but it does not block you from getting max proffesions or just using your proffesions to get gold.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by zyniker View Post
    You sound really mad.
    Motherfuckers keep intentionally misrepresenting my arguments like fucking children.

Motherfuckers keep intentionally misrepresenting my arguments like fucking children.
    You do realize that this is a video game right? Go outside, get some fresh air and realize that it doesn't actually matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You've gotta waste months grinding normal+ raids and the occasional mythic dungeon first.

Deleted
    It is actually not how it should be. It would be perfectly fine for one or two colours of the row to be rewards for raiding. No question about that.
    But gating a version that is specifically awarded by doing Mythic Plus, which - as Blizzard stated before Legion launched - is an alternative to raiding, does not make any sense whatsoever. If you meet the criteria for a specific skin, you should be able to use it without having to unlock the entire row in a different set of content first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    It is actually not how it should be. It would be perfectly fine for one or two colours of the row to be rewards for raiding. No question about that.
    But gating a version that is specifically awarded by doing Mythic Plus, which - as Blizzard stated before Legion launched - is an alternative to raiding, does not make any sense whatsoever. If you meet the criteria for a specific skin, you should be able to use it without having to unlock the entire row in a different set of content first.

Since your skull's too think to get what was said- Mythic+ is an alternative *PROGRESSION* path to raiding. Nothing more.

I was also sad that it was gated behind raiding. I thought yea, there should be a purely mythic + version. But there isn't, so I went and did the raid. It took fuck all for time and was interesting lore wise.

It's just like the PVP ones. It's not something I'm overly interested in content wise, but if I want the appearance I gotta step out of my comfort zone.

You keep saying that Mythic + was supposed to be a compliment or alternative to raiding.. which it is. Complaining it's not a true alternative because of a single aesthetic piece is silly.