Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    if Fire is so perfectly well where it is right now, bring everyone else to the same numbers then. Why shouldnt EVERYONE be in the middle of the pact? All specs should be equal, no? Going off a basic simcraft - Fury warriors at around 880k, Fire mage at around 620k. No problem, just cut off 260k DPS from Fury warriors and apply the same to everyone.

Except then you have boss mechanics, addons, lag, kill times, zergs, player skill, effort/dps, cheesing mechanics, people dying, raid comps, etc. and the fact that you are balancing at EXACT legendaries and EXACT ilevel, so what you have in the sim in that case will be very different compared to what you will see in actual damage meters, except for the last months of the expansion.

Alas i'm giving up on fire despite having bis legendaries, from today i started pumping AP into aluneth and set loot to arcane, there's no way to be competitive on st/cleave unless rng gods are on your side, thanks blizz...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Alas i'm giving up on fire despite having bis legendaries, from today i started pumping AP into aluneth and set loot to arcane, there's no way to be competitive on st/cleave unless rng gods are on your side, thanks blizz...
    Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous tbqh. I recently came back after a 3 month hiatus and honestly: I didn't realize fire was in such bad shape for ST. Fights like gul'dan literally make me loath this class. Legion is turning out to be yet another shit show of poorly executed decisions (getting rid of ice flows, really?).

Fuck this, I'm re-rolling melee.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGOAT View Post
    Yeah, it's fucking ridiculous tbqh. I recently came back after a 3 month hiatus and honestly: I didn't realize fire was in such bad shape for ST. Fights like gul'dan literally make me loath this class. Legion is turning out to be yet another shit show of poorly executed decisions (getting rid of ice flows, really?).

Fuck this, I'm re-rolling melee.
    What melee?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What melee?
    Lol. I don't think it matters right now. They're all stupidly overpowered since they can just ignore most mechanics and rank with ease.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    First raid in the history of WoW that melees are better than rangeds and people already cry. Give me a break, it was damn time after 18 tiers. First time i haven't ahd to bench half of my melee roster for fight mechanics/spread/aoe damage bullshit like ascendant council.
    Ulduar, Bt/Hyjal, ICC, opening cata tier, final cata tier, MOP was 50/50 across the board, BRF, and now all of Legion (SPriest was absolute top, but then it was alot of melee). Please, educate yourself
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Mages have been playing catchup this entire expac. Fire was "okay" in en/tov but definitely not near the top. Both other mage specs pre 7.1.5 were underperforming to the point of neglect. Now all specs are sub par, with many player scrambling to get new legendaries and ap. For one of the games iconic dps classes, the overall feel is pretty bad. At this point, it's pretty obvious that balancing mages is near the bottom of the dev's to-do list...

I'm not holding my breath for any meaningful buffs before 7.2, and even then it will likely be some other sort of runaround rebalancing of the specs.
    Last edited by Zardam; 2017-02-09 at 07:01 PM.

A pure DPS class like Mage should be able to compete for top DPS in every style of fight. Mages are supposed to be glass cannons. The sole purpose for 90% of fights for a Mage is DPS.

Mages cannot compete for top DPS in nighthold without padding. Take away the scorpions and the bat phase, good luck.

That is why I turned my account off and I am not playing. I can't even compete for top DPS in ST as fire and I'm not starting over from scratch with arcane, fishing for months for legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    If you're over 200k behind in dps "on the same level", you aren't as good as you think you are.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=22

I dunno man. I scored 95% on this fight, while the dk beat me in every single fight the day he got a good legendary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Petersensei View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=22

I dunno man. I scored 95% on this fight, while the dk beat me in every single fight the day he got a good legendary.
    Oh, a 3 minute fight where he can keep breath of sindragosa+remorseless winter up on 3 targets for 1 minute straight? Literally insane.

Are you guys up to date? Frost did scale very well and now very competitive on st and cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Are you guys up to date? Frost did scale very well and now very competitive on st and cleave.
    Still crap without spec specific leggies like any mage spec
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Nope, GS frost doesn't need specific leggies, only 54 traits weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Nope, GS frost doesn't need specific leggies, only 54 traits weapon.
    Btw no glacial spike builds in best frost parses on botanist seems pretty odd
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Can't believe i just saw a post on rogue forum of a guy complaining about assa rogue being bad
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "We're not first every boss? BUFF!", meanwhile, so many classes are not even relevant or viable for cutting edge progress... gotta love mages crying.
    Yet that isn't what is happening. All 3 specs are in the bottom half or 3rd for about half of the fights. They are rather lack luster on anything that isn't a big meter cheese like skop.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Yet that isn't what is happening. All 3 specs are in the bottom half or 3rd for about half of the fights. They are rather lack luster on anything that isn't a big meter cheese like skop.
    Frost is actually pretty fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    A pure DPS class like Mage should be able to compete for top DPS in every style of fight. Mages are supposed to be glass cannons. The sole purpose for 90% of fights for a Mage is DPS.
    Agreed, that is what mages do...dps
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Frost is actually pretty fucking good.
    With a close to maxed wpn it is a solid spec for the top part of Nighthold. Luckily for frost a lot of Nighthold is cleave fights to some nature and that is their sweet spot.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."