Poll: Has the Rising Cost of the WoW Token made you unsub?

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    You do realize that you need to farm Order Hall Resources to do the gold missions. So you aren't just logging in and playing the Order Hall and logging out.
    damn you have to do 2 world quests before logging out. That's like 5 minutes, damn, so much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    damn you have to do 2 world quests before logging out. That's like 5 minutes, damn, so much time.
    Across all alts. And it's more than 5 minutes

This thread doesn't seem overly dramatic and reactionary at all that price is now within 2% of 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    That is easy to answer.
    I can afford paying the game with money, i did in the past, in MOP.
    Problem is i can not justify (to myself) paying for a game i can only play sometimes, never at will, because it is a multiplayer game, and that lead me in MOP to ragequitting the game.
    Nowadays i do not rage anymore because it is free, and besides i like playing with so many chars, i do have to customize a lot of auras for weak auras, try different skills, etc.
    The way i make gold it is entertaining for me, so i end up playing for free and having a lot of gold without having to do something too annoying to make that gold.
    Also running dungeons even if they are just heroic, with a throng of chars, is something i never get tired of, so i can fuel myself with resources without doing things i dislike.
    pretty much this for me. in a past - I could just afford to buy tokens AND have a bunch left over for shinies without doing something I didn't enjoy so it was a no brainer for me. why pay cash when I can just use it on, oh I don't know couple of new books, or a pop! figurine that caught my eye, or to buy a cake, or a bottle of wine or any number of things that I cannot pay for with in game gold, gold that I was generating as a side effect of normal for me play. you know?

after the initial spike in token price it droped almost as low as back to its pre spike price. so lol, what was the question again? D
    BETA CLUB

US servers it is hovering around 61k as of 0819 PST. within a few k of where it was before the "Epic Bull Market" of yesterday.
    IF you had bought a token for $20 yesterday, while it was at 110k+ You COULD have bought 2 tokens this am...or nearly done so.

I wish it had stayed 100k + a few more days, my liquid assets were not available at the time.

Bugger!
    Just like real life stock market speculating I suppose.

Across all alts. And it's more than 5 minutes
    Take the instant-complete item and dump it on a Resources world quest every day.
    How much would you get like that each day?

after the initial spike in token price it droped almost as low as back to its pre spike price.
    And it's going back up again.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Only thing this whole token thing make me (almost) regret is dumping all of my gold into tokens back when they were ~35-40k each a year ago. Had enough gold at the time to get 2 years worth of sub, but being part of that time would've been the last half/third of WoD and Legion hasn't particularly impressed me (from what I've viewed and read), I don't feel I've missed out.

All these people rage quitting yesterday legit made me lol most of the day. Obviously it was not going to stay that high forever. I thought it would stay a little higher for a couple of days, but in less than 24 hours the tokens are fairly close to what they were before the surge. It was nice to get a quick couple hundred thousand gold though!

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Take the instant-complete item and dump it on a Resources world quest every day.
    How much would you get like that each day?

And it's going back up again.
    That would work to help mitigate the OR farming. Not sure how much the gold missions cost.

That would work to help mitigate the OR farming. Not sure how much the gold missions cost.
    I'm pretty sure you could pay for at least one a day if you had a combat ally with the +OR items as well, because you get the OR even when you use the instant item. You probably wouldn't be able to go beyond 100% though.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    If I quit its gonna be because every time I try to buy a token there are none for sale and my time just runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    Seems we cant use the tokens for battle.net currency yet?, or is it just old tokens you cant do it with?

Or just EU in general?, sitting here with 10 tokens, and they will only allow me to use them for gametime -.-
    You know, the news is quite clear on all of this. It is not live in the EU. I don't understand how you could have missed that. It will be announced when it does go live, surely...

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    I'm pretty sure you could pay for at least one a day if you had a combat ally with the +OR items as well, because you get the OR even when you use the instant item. You probably wouldn't be able to go beyond 100% though.
    It's funny how suddenly there's a ton of in-between steps before Profit! now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the big fuss about the damn token? Am I the only one who buys gold off chinese hackers and farmers? Sure I feel a little guilty for a few moments, but then I realize all the shit Blizz has done to get us to stay broke the moment Legion launched.

Been buying gold for years and I haven't had so much as a slap on the wrist.

Ditch Blizz and go Chinese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the US token was back to 60k earlier, looks like it's going back up a big again. Dunno if will reach back up to 100k though.
    Nothing and Everything

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Whats the big fuss about the damn token? Am I the only one who buys gold off chinese hackers and farmers? Sure I feel a little guilty for a few moments, but then I realize all the shit Blizz has done to get us to stay broke the moment Legion launched.
    Because you aren't paying attention and the issue is on the people with the gold, not the people buying gold.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    It's funny how suddenly there's a ton of in-between steps before Profit! now.
    Thing is, you can play the game on a main and leave an alt at 110 you just pop onto for two minutes a day to keep churning out gold.
    I did the same thing back in WoD with the garrisons and their Jewelcrafting and Inscription daily cooldowns/quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that you need to farm Order Hall Resources to do the gold missions. So you aren't just logging in and playing the Order Hall and logging out.
    You buy Order Hall Resources with ur main via blood vendor, easy life.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s