Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I'm going to start saying Chile is part of America too since South America has the name 'America' in it.
    Chile IS part of America. Your bombing country is called United States of America, it's only colloquially called Murica

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I get how fun it is to try and troll tennisace guys... but seriously...Unless the word "America" is preceded by the words "North", South", or "Central" or is in the plural form "the Americas"... it's pretty obviously referring to the country and not to a general geographic region.
    You're wrong. It's Americas OR America.

This is what happens in countries where geography is optional...

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Chile IS part of America. Your bombing country is called United States of America, it's only colloquially called Murica

Love how this form turned into debating what "America" is

10+ Year Old Account
    America or The Americas would be the combination of South, Central, and North America.

Mexico, The U.S., and Canada would be North America

The United States are, The United States. Not America.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

How do you get a 3rd degree burn from tea by doing any thing short of boiling your leg in it for a period of time?

When Trump said he was going to "Make America Great Again"...he wasn't referring to Canada, Mexico, Peru, Brazil, etc. now was he?
    When he said he was going to put Americans first...was he including Mexicans in that?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    When Trump said he was going to "Make America Great Again"...he wasn't referring to Canada, Mexico, Peru, Brazil, etc. now was he?
    When he said he was going to put Americans first...was he including Mexicans in that?
    You are looking to Trump for a source of intelligence. That was your first mistake.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Who gives a fuck about trump, this is started about Canada being part of America, not about the fucking shit Trump is saying. Obviously that clowns has no idea what America means in it's all forms either, but that's another discussion. That motherfucker thinks Paris is in Germany. Seriously lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Debating about what America refers to is entirely offtopic. Drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    ITT: Dumbfuck Europeans make an incorrect assumption, but when they get called out on their stupidity they attempt to double-down on a technicality rather than own up.
    If dumbfuck Europeans didn't get to AMERICA and killed almost all the natives, you wouldn't exist. Yes, those dumbfucks were your grandparents.

Who gives a fuck about trump, this is started about Canada being part of America, not about the fucking shit Trump is saying. Obviously that clowns has no idea what America means in it's all forms either, but that's another discussion. That motherfucker thinks Paris is in Germany. Seriously lol
    Actually this all started with this comment:

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    America, the country of lawsuits. Ultimately, the woman may be in the right but with only he-said-she-said the case is (and should) be dropped.
    Now...is he referring to a geographical region...or is he referring to a country?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Actually this all started with this comment:
    Now...is he referring to a geographical region...or is he referring to a country?
    I didn't see that, I only saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Only in America do they think of making a lawsuit of this...
    Similar to how a guy made a lawsuit on MCdonals because he got overweight from eating many burgers too often...
    See, no mention of any country

Anyway, as it was said, this is off-topic...

If dumbfuck Europeans didn't get to AMERICA and killed almost all the natives, you wouldn't exist. Yes, those dumbfucks were your grandparents.
    Huh. I didnt know my grandparents, who were immigrants from Czechoslovakia in 1962, were directly responsible for killing off almost all the natives. Guess i better check my history privilege right? Did they also Culturally Appropriate their stuff as well?

SJW's need to be rounded up and put on their own island as an experiment. See how long they all last.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It was in America...North America. Way to learn geography.
    So you're arguing for the sake of arguing then? Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Trying to follow in the McDonalds hot coffee fiasco I see
    Do people still believe this non-sense?

In the case of McDonalds the coffee machine was defective and was serving the coffee at something like 120+ degrees.

Beyond whether or not the woman was trying to file a fraudulent lawsuit....I think it's perfectly plausible that the lid wasn't fastened correctly. How many millions of drinks are made per day by minimum wage Starbucks employees, and you're trying to tell me that they've had not one fuckup in the lid department? Please. I'm pretty sure *I personally* have gotten a coffee with a lid not properly secured by Starbucks in the past. I just don't end up with second and third degree burns, because I don't drink hot beverages while driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Do people still believe this non-sense?

In the case of McDonalds the coffee machine was defective and was serving the coffee at something like 120+ degrees.
    Not saying the McDonalds woman was in the wrong just that this is a sorta similar scenario

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Beyond whether or not the woman was trying to file a fraudulent lawsuit....I think it's perfectly plausible that the lid wasn't fastened correctly. How many millions of drinks are made per day by minimum wage Starbucks employees, and you're trying to tell me that they've had not one fuckup in the lid department? Please. I'm pretty sure *I personally* have gotten a coffee with a lid not properly secured by Starbucks in the past. I just don't end up with second and third degree burns, because I don't drink hot beverages while driving.
    Yeah gotta say it's not unbelievable that something like that could happen. Hell I've had a bad lid on a cold drink from drive thru before but I caught it before it spilled all over myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not saying the McDonalds woman was in the wrong just that this is a sorta similar scenario
    Oh sorry then, I misread.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...-tea-1.3970429

Can you believe scammers these days? Blaming Starbucks for her mistake.
    If medical records prove she got burned, she got burned. Whether or not it was genuinely an accident or she did it on purpose should be what's up to question here. If I buy a product and am genuinely injured from it, you can expect I would like (at the very least) payment for the medical treatments I had to get.

I dunno if you know this Ace, but here in the States, going to the hospital is bankruptcy-worthy expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    LOL someone flunked geography.
    It was in Canada. These things matter. There are different laws here.
    Last edited by Tennis; 2017-02-09 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    If medical records prove she got burned, she got burned. Whether or not it was genuinely an accident or she did it on purpose should be what's up to question here. If I buy a product and am genuinely injured from it, you can expect I would like (at the very least) payment for the medical treatments I had to get.

I dunno if you know this Ace, but here in the States, going to the hospital is bankruptcy-worthy expensive.
    You could technically be injured by making a fire in a fireplace. That doesn't outright mean the fireplace maker is to blame. lol