Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    I had WAY more fun on my DPS toons in there than my tanks, easy clear at 840'ish ilvl on the majority of classes. If you had decent healing gear you can swap to a DPS spec no issues as well. I fail to see the issue other than you obviously not knowing how to clear it...
    Apparently you were living under a rock a few months ago, because I am far from the only healer who struggled with this, as did a lot of DPS. Look back through the forum posts and read the hundreds of posts to that effect.

They helped in the pre-Nighthold quests, and also you have to take into account that they started using Withered BEFORE they learned about the cure.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Apparently you were living under a rock a few months ago, because I am far from the only healer who struggled with this, as did a lot of DPS. Look back through the forum posts and read the hundreds of posts to that effect.
    Ya I've been here since the start dude. I have all but 2 classes to 110 and have done the training with MS healers, just spec DPS and go for it. It's hardly the most difficult thing in the world.

It was a fun little side activity for rep + ap for a couple weeks. Really irrelevant now.

Did it the other day as part of the quests where you get your first try for free on a 2 week old Resto Druid for some free rep.
    Actually it was fine as a healer... Just made sure to sunfire / moonfire mobs to get initial aggro to keep it off my weak guys who loved to try run away. Managed to 100% clear the place out starting with 6 withered, and finish with 41 withered still alive to clean up all the good chests to make the next time I go in there easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    what the hell? I had ZERO issues as a DPS. yes it was easier as a tank, but seriously, if anything it was a little tedious and i can certainly understand healers not enjoying it, but DPS classes? MAYBE right at 110, but with even a little bit of gear, just take it slow and use CDs. There's no time limit. It's really not that hard at all. I 100% agree though that healers need to be able to heal the guys. That part is definitely shitty.
    Well I struggled on my mage while being frost, after reskilling to fire things got much easier (dragon's breath aoe stun is great, since all mobs and bosses there can be stunned, also self-heal when blinking). With my outlaw rogue, I had much less problems, probably because it's a melee with self-heal and good aoe. My hunter and warlock had no problems whatsoever, tank pets are neat. But I definitively had the easiest runs on my blood DK. Anecdotal thing for my healer: Having the berserker in focus and protecting him with my disc shield on CD helped much for the survivability.

Anyway, as long as the withered don't have many upgrades, it's definitively good to bring along as many as possible, and only recruit new ones after killing the stealth boss, then collect all additional withered and take as many chests as you can. I usually get chests worth of 15-20 withered per run now, even on my healer.

I guess if I had the whole day to play, then I would run the scenario very often; at the moment, I only have the time to run it on characters who still need exalted when the right emissary is up. It's kinda cool to have your own army of mana-starved elf-zombies. I also like the sounds they make.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-02-08 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    I was hoping for them to be in a raid encounter too. (throwback boss to war3 dota maps anyone?)

But i can understand why thalisra wouldn't want use of your own sick people as essentially slaves and cannon fodder to be seen by the other elven factions as their first contact, especially now that there is a good chance they can actually be cured. I think using them was always a necessity to survive not something they would ever do by choice.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-02-08 at 11:53 AM.

To watch your army die to the first boss every time, and make you realise that there was no purpose and stop before you started

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I was hoping for them to be in a raid encounter too. (throwback boss to war3 dota maps anyone?)

But i can understand why thalisra wouldn't want use of your own sick people as essentially slaves and cannon fodder to be seen by the other elven factions as their first contact, especially now that there is a good chance they can actually be cured. I think using them was always a necessity to survive not something they would ever do by choice.
    But the withered we use in the army is too far gone, aren't they? They are beyond a cure, and she also says something along the lines of that they would have been proud to help reclaim the city. So I don't think she's the one holding them back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Sucked as a healer. Sucked as a DPS. Faceroll as a tank. GG Blizz.
    Was faceroll as healer as well. At least for monk, priest, and paladin. Can't speak for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordhbane View Post
    But the withered we use in the army is too far gone, aren't they?
    Basically, yes
    Last edited by GSN; 2017-02-08 at 06:46 PM.