Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I would be inclined to believe this more if it was something along the lines of "Calls general at 3am to ask who would win in a fight Superman or Hulk"
    I know those are the questions that keep me up late into the night.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    Um yes go ahead
    While brevity is a beautiful thing, clarity must come first. What are you saying here?

Yeah, we don't know if OP is fake news or not.

2. Knowing how to run a business is a lot different from using the US economy as a weapon.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, we don't know if OP is fake news or not.
    Well the OP linked article is real... but its a report on Huffington Post reporting that MSNBC said that an unconfirmed Whitehouse leaker said that trump asked a General about a weak or strong dollar being better.

So it's gobbledygook.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Well the OP linked article is real... but its a report on Huffington Post reporting that MSNBC said that an unconfirmed Whitehouse leaker said that trump asked a General about a weak or strong dollar being better.

So it's gobbledygook.
    Not really. It's called a news story, with a source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Not really. It's called a news story, with a source.
    It's fifth person removed.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

He's asking a question to find out. There's no such thing as a stupid question.
    I've seen the mythical stupid question before. Plus, if this actually happened, then the choice of who to ask was also stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, you're arguing that it's fine that Trump allegedly didn't know something from a high school economics course? Leaving aside his current role, how do you survive in international business for 50 years not knowing? It's a good defense for trump and we need a President like him more than ever

And why ask a general?

This is a very odd defense of Trump. Would you want your heart surgeon to ask, just before you pass out, "hey what do blood types mean?" And would you want him to ask the security guard in a room filled with nurses?
    Bad analogy not the same thing. Plus everyone forgets sometimes just like normal do. Asking a general is better than ask nobody atleast he got a lead on who ask now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's fifth person removed.
    No, it's not. You need to count the people, not the reporting sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    While brevity is a beautiful thing, clarity must come first. What are you saying here?
    I'm giving you the chance to ask to ask a question you think is stupid but is not because there is no such thing as a stupid question.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bad analogy not the same thing. Plus everyone forgets sometimes just like normal do. Asking a general is better than ask nobody atleast he got a lead on who ask now.
    If Trump was thinking of the security of the dollar, then the General makes some sense to ask.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm giving you the chance to ask to ask a question you think is stupid but is not because there is no such thing as a stupid question.
    Your response is a great example of my point. Errors and typos included.

(yes, I know it's not a question)

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad analogy not the same thing.
    Explain how it is a bad analogy. Someone who is a role in which field he is supposed to be an expert -- placed there because of the credentials he bragged about by the way -- not knowing a question about his field so basic it's bordering on common knowledge, and when faced with that ignorance, chooses to ask someone from a completely unrelated field, over a situation that would be considered very important, when there are much more directly qualified people within easy asking range.

Plus everyone forgets sometimes just like normal do.
    People forget things, that's true. Someone in a leading role in a field, forgetting something so fundamentally basic that they have to contact someone else to get it, rather than, say, try to remember it or look it up, remains incredibly suspect. I mean, who does he think he is, DeVos?

Asking a general is better than ask nobody
    It is far worse than asking the dozen or so people on his fiscal advice team. All of whom are millionaires or better.

atleast he got a lead on who ask now.
    This remains a very odd, and pretty weak, defense of Trump's alleged actions. Please tell me that, even if you forgot how to change a tire, you'd call a mechanic to help, rather than a landscape design artist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allerius View Post
    Ah yes, anonymous 'leaks' from a left leaning site saying ridiculous crap. Seems legit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Fake news, the end.
    The OP remains objectively more credible than Trump's statements about crowd sizes, unreported terror attacks, murder rates, unemployment, and an alarming number of other things. Trump has claimed he has sources of information we don't, but he is forced to use that defense -- without citing his sources, just like HuffPost -- when refuted by reality.

This article says something that might or might not be true, but has not been proven either way. Trump says things which are factually false and defends them after the fact. It is not possible to dismiss this as fake news, without also dismissing what Trump says.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This remains a very odd, and pretty weak, defense of Trump's alleged actions. Please tell me that, even if you forgot how to change a tire, you'd call a mechanic to help, rather than a landscape design artist.
    Pretty much sums up this issue.

The OP remains objectively more credible
    lol
    /10char

He probably called him for another reason and discussed briefly the issue with him for whatever reason.

Which directly translate to "Trump call general because he doesnt know what's a strong or weak dollar".
    Just like a NYT post mentionning aides talking in the dark created entire articles about how "Trump team have meeting in pitch black rooms", you just pick an interesting tidbit, blow it up out of proportion and then pretend it's real because you really want to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's about halfway between Fox News and a regular news network.
    Really? They seem way less legitimate than Fox News.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    If Trump and various conservative news outlets could make up stuff about Obama (a secret Muslim Kenyan Manchurian candidate, and his militant Christian Pastor) surely we can have some fun at Trumps expense, real or imagined?
    As long as you're acknowledging it's satire.

That "Obama is a Muslim" bullshit got millions of people to actually believe it. It wasn't healthy for discourse, and neither is this.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    Isn't Huffington Post just like Drudge Report but for liberals?

Far from it got infested with right wingers a few years ago with that merger taking place. got so bad that any sane liberal had to go elsewhere since it was nothing but right wing nonsense up and down on every forum.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised Huffington Post is still a thing. With the absolute delusional writers and staff they have I thought they would've committed seppuku on January 20th in protest of something.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Far from it got infested with right wingers a few years ago with that merger taking place. got so bad that any sane liberal had to go elsewhere since it was nothing but right wing nonsense up and down on every forum.
    All I see on their front page is heavily left leaning headlines.