Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This news is more believable and less damaging than Obama was a secret muslim manchurian candidate christian.
    Oh yeah? And what about the massive "Trump is Putin's bitch" narrative that's been in the media for months, filled with tons of speculation, unverifiable reports etc. "Golden showers with Russian prostitutes while Putin filmed it."

Oh but that stuff is just funny because you dislike Trump. No real harm.

Fake news needs to stop, because there are so many weak-minded individuals in this country who will believe anything they see on TV or the internet. When CNN's narrative is "Russia hacked the election," it got 50% of Democrats to believe Putin literally hacked into voting machines. That's how fucked this is. The media is controlling our dumb population.

And yes, before any retard implies otherwise, I'm against false reports about anyone. If you can't win the debate without lying, you don't deserve to win.

I would genuinely take any "news article" from CNN, HuffPost, New York Times, or any other major network or newspaper as a grain of salt.

I heard that Obama called a general at 3am to find out what Golf Course was best for the economy

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    He probably called him for another reason and discussed briefly the issue with him for whatever reason.

Which directly translate to "Trump call general because he doesnt know what's a strong or weak dollar".
    Just like a NYT post mentionning aides talking in the dark created entire articles about how "Trump team have meeting in pitch black rooms", you just pick an interesting tidbit, blow it up out of proportion and then pretend it's real because you really want to believe it.
    Ummm... Trump's supposed qualification for being President is that he was a super successful businessman who will bring his outstanding acumen to government.

I say "supposed" because he has systematically hidden any evidence that would prove or disprove his business success, and instead relied on his reality show blustering to convince people.

This isn't some crazy scandal, just reason # 638 demonstrating how Trump conned his voters.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

The way I heard it is that the General called Trump to ask what his favorite pizza toppings are and Trump responded by asking him the best place to get a hot pastrami sandwich in dc. No idea which stories are fake and which are real any more.

Deleted
    Its funny when they make Alex "THEY ARE TURNING THE FROGS GAY" Jones seem like the credible news source

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    How's that murder rate working for you?

This argument has no weight as long as Trump himself routinely uses objectively false information. Sorry, but if you dismiss HuffPost as false because of an unverified source, you must dismiss Trump as worse because of a proven factually false source. Otherwise what you are doing is blatant hypocrisy.

Um, actually...there's not a lot of stories about his time at Wharton.
    If the article has strong political bias, then yes it is fake news. Just read the first paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Ummm... Trump's supposed qualification for being President is that he was a super successful businessman who will bring his outstanding acumen to government.

I say "supposed" because he has systematically hidden any evidence that would prove or disprove his business success, and instead relied on his reality show blustering to convince people.

This isn't some crazy scandal, just reason # 638 demonstrating how Trump conned his voters.
    His buisness success isnt really the contention point. The man is worth nearly 4 billions dollars. He didnt inherit that.

This isnt some "Crazy scandal" indeed, it's another unsourced, crazy story that can be added to the gigantic pile of other unsourced crazy stories.

No way is this real. I'll wait for donny himself to tell me what happened via twitter, as that's the only reliable source of news at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    No way is this real. I'll wait for donny himself to tell me what happened via twitter, as that's the only reliable source of news at this point.
    You should never ever get your news from just one person. What if you find out he was lying the whole time. Wouldn't you feel like a massive sucker?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You should never ever get your news from just one person. What if you find out he was lying the whole time. Wouldn't you feel like a massive sucker?
    Many people are not willing to go through dozens of sources for the same story. Once someone lies to them they discard them.

Soon the media will secure Trumps relection all while asking themselves how this could of happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    As long as you're acknowledging it's satire.

That "Obama is a Muslim" bullshit got millions of people to actually believe it. It wasn't healthy for discourse, and neither is this.
    is it bullshit when a good 40% of the voters supporters of one of the major parties believe in it and when the party as a whole does nothing to stop these claims?

Really and having the right wingers claim we need to show respect for the office now when we have the biggest and worst failure ever in there that constantly is lying about things that everyone can easily verify as lies by themself by just looking on a picture.

No what is going on gas-lighting by the current administration.

And with the level of insane stuff donny tinyhands have done in just 2.5 weeks and how he have shown over and over that he lacks common sense and how lies about things that everyone can see is nothing but a lie like his inauguration crowd that was by modern standards very low, but guess it was the weather like he claimed, that 50 degree weather vs the in the 20s and chilly as fuck that obama had.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Many people are not willing to go through dozens of sources for the same story. Once someone lies to them they discard them.

Soon the media will secure Trumps relection all while asking themselves how this could of happened.
    By calling out when he's lying? I question the fake news that Trump claims is so prevalent. Although his administration certainly does not seem to be exempt from fake news. "Alternative facts". "Bowling green massacre".

There are some sources that are clearly biased, but there are a lot of quality news sources out there.

So now we're just posting spun fake news headlines we find on the Yahoo aggregate?

You perpetuating fake news is the exact cudgel Donald will use to delegitimize real news. You are useful puppets.

By calling out when he's lying? I question the fake news that Trump claims is so prevalent. Although his administration certainly does not seem to be exempt from fake news. "Alternative facts". "Bowling green massacre".

There are some sources that are clearly biased, but there are a lot of quality news sources out there.
    "You're a liar!" - "No, YOU'RE a liar!"

Schoolyard arguments never worked very well in politics. This will lame the US Government pretty well. Putin is probably celebrating every day...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    "You're a liar!" - "No, YOU'RE a liar!"

Schoolyard arguments never worked very well in politics. This will lame the US Government pretty well. Putin is probably celebrating every day...
    I think we've been deliberately turned against one another for a reason. If we're fighting one another, then we're not really a threat to anyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Trump being Putin's bitch is plausible since he keeps lying about his relationship with him:

Russia influenced the election. Hacked is hyperbole.

As for fake news, Trump and his team are full of it... did you listen to Conway going on about which was more important the lies Trump tells or the Truth?

The reality is, that both sides are living in their own bubbles/universes... any News that either sides does not like is "fake news" Much like Trump's interpretation of Polls:

"Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting." - Source
    Yep, and I think the negative poll comment is retarded. I'm not a "Trumpette" regardless of how many people on this forum claim.

As to the DNC hacks/leaks, I find it a bit amusing. If that had been confirmed as an inside source and the person came out with evidence and admitted it, what would the excuse be? "American influences the election in favor of Trump, how terrible." Even if it was Russia, which the evidence is still incredibly shaky since most source IPs were unknown, and US had more than Russia, it doesn't fucking change the outcome. Why would it be considered "exposing corruption! Good whistleblower" if it came from the inside, but a "Terrible Russian hacking" from the outside.

Let me give you a good example of this. If China hacked into Trump's files and found something damning, like paying off officials to cover up him raping a child, do you actually think mainstream media would say "How terrible, China influenced the election!" No, they would rightly say "Thank you for exposing this truth."

Thus the hypocrisy of media, and most Americans.

I think we've been deliberately turned against one another for a reason. If we're fighting one another, then we're not really a threat to anyone.
    Well, that is just speculation at this point. Don't take this the wrong way, but Americans tend to love nothing more than drama. And this is pretty juicy as far as drama goes. This doesn't need to be conspiratorial. I'd totally think you capable of having that self destructive need for drama in yourself without outside influence.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b04061313a1fbb

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump was confused about the dollar: Was it a strong one that’s good for the economy? Or a weak one?

So he made a call ― except not to any of the business leaders Trump brought into his administration or even to an old friend from his days in real estate. Instead, he called his national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, according to two sources familiar with Flynn’s accounts of the incident.

Flynn has a long record in counterintelligence but not in macroeconomics. And he told Trump he didn’t know, that it wasn’t his area of expertise, that, perhaps, Trump should ask an economist instead.

Trump was not thrilled with that response ― but that may have been a function of the time of day. Trump had placed the call at 3 a.m., according to one of Flynn’s retellings ― although neither the White House nor Flynn’s office responded to requests for confirmation about that detail.

Huffington Post has been a worse news source than Fox News for about at least 5 years or so now.... Breitbart is more real than Huffington.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well, that is just speculation at this point. Don't take this the wrong way, but Americans tend to love nothing more than drama. And this is pretty juicy as far as drama goes. This doesn't need to be conspiratorial. I'd totally think you capable of having that self destructive need for drama in yourself without outside influence.
    I don't know about that. I do know that this infighting on both sides is related to a decreased quality of life for Americans. So we're beginning to act like jackals, fighting over scraps.