Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If people are "triggered" about the WH official spokesperson making shit up, well, is that really @GennGreymane 's fault?
    Genn was on a thread rampage when I posted this, that's what I meant, not the article in a vacuum. /shrug

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm not saying these comments should have, but their indicative of how Trump has been running things. Are you telling me that it's acceptable that one of Trump's closest advisers, in addition to his Press Secretary, repeatedly lie to press, in this instance both of them completely making up 2 fake terrorists attacks, yet they get to keep their jobs and don't get a strict public reprimand from Trump?

My impeachment comments are more general, not targeted specifically at this. I'm venting a bit, because I can't believe that Trump would publicly threaten to ruin the career of a democratically elected state legislator for proposing a bill that Trump happens to disagree with. I can't believe that he literally makes up complete bullshit like, "We have the highest murder rater in 45 years!". That's not to mention his attacks on our court system and the fact that he apparently has no idea why there are three branches of government or what their functions are.

And yes, I do hate him. I hate him because he's dragging America's reputation through the mud, and acting in a way that's well beneath the office of the president and besmirches it. All while the Invertebrates (GOP, because they lack a spine amongst the lot of them) goose step in line behind him and at most, will issue statements disagreeing with or condemning something Trump has said/done but then proceed to back him when it comes time to act.

I'm glad you focused on my venting about impeaching him instead of actually responding to the fact that your argument holds literally no weight whatsoever, though.
    My argument holds no weight...? What even are you on about now? The most controversial elected president in history, and celebrities and memers take to facebook and Twitter to trash him everyday, has the lowest initial approval ratings, is that supposed to be a shock? 45-50% approve of the job he's doing, that's the only argument I was making (which holds its' own weight since it's a fact).

@cubby made the comment asking "does anyone still support their choice in Trump," and my argument was that the polls clearly show that they do. Saying my argument has no weight must be further venting without any kind of logical thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    I hope you never have to realise how incredibly dumb that comment was.

You surrender in your own name.
    Not at all, super powers historically tend to crumble from within, not from external threats

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Kind of sad how they are spreading lies and fear. This is not what the U.S. is about.

It is right now, we have an administration hell bent on making the outrageous lies and conspiracy theory a reality if donny tinyhands had been a mmoc poster with these types of posts and threads started he would be insta banned for his conspiracy fucking nonsense think about that one for a second before you support this maniac and narcissist.

And he used the official POTUS twitter account this morning bashing nordstroms really we have a presdient that uses his official twitter account to bash single businesses and the business moves they make really imagine the outrage from the conservatives if Obama had been using the POTUS account to bash a single business owner or bashing the courts etc etc like we have seen donny tinyhands do over and over.

The lies from this administration needs to stop the lies are a threat to national security and notice how the party that always have said democrats are weak on national security is tagging along allowing the LIES that are known to create increased risks are just allowed to happen. so much for standing up for whats right just disgusting typical conservatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Huh?
    Comparing Trump's results to the worst possible he could find on Obama, rather than, say, Obama's first two weeks. Or his current favorability. Or his 8-year average.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Comparing Trump's results to the worst possible he could find on Obama, rather than, say, Obama's first two weeks. Or his current favorability. Or his 8-year average.
    He's actually within the 3% margin of error compared to Obama's 8 year average, so at that point you are splitting hairs. Trump's ceiling in terms of approval ratings is much lower than Obama's though because of the sheer amount of people who will refuse to attribute anything even remotely positive to Trump or his cabinet because they care more about being right than about the success of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    He's actually within the 3% margin of error compared to Obama's 8 year average, so at that point you are splitting hairs. Trump's ceiling in terms of approval ratings is much lower than Obama's though because of the sheer amount of people who will refuse to attribute anything even remotely positive to Trump or his cabinet because they care more about being right than about the success of the country.
    No he isn't, considering how approval rankings almost always go down with time. Just because you can run a mile in 7 minutes doesn't mean you can run 10 times in 70.

You're comparing from a different point in time, and thats dishonest at best. The way to do it is to compare the popularity rating form obama on the same time frame (2-3 weeks), and not on his lowest point
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    No he isn't, considering how approval rankings almost always go down with time. Just because you can run a mile in 7 minutes doesn't mean you can run 10 times in 70.
    What makes you say approval ratings go down over time? Both Clinton and Obama's trended upwards for the majority of the 2nd term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You're comparing from a different point in time, and thats dishonest at best. The way to do it is to compare the popularity rating form obama on the same time frame (2-3 weeks), and not on his lowest point
    But you're missing the context. The poster was rhetorically asking if anyone still thought the President was a good choice (aka approval rating). That kind of logic would have you assume the President's approval rating is in the teens. Obama's number was just used to show that Trump's current number isn't lower than anything we've seen before or recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you say approval ratings go down over time? Both Clinton and Obama's trended upwards for the majority of the 2nd term.

- - - Updated - - -

But you're missing the context. The poster was rhetorically asking if anyone still thought the President was a good choice (aka approval rating). That kind of logic would have you assume the President's approval rating is in the teens. Obama's number was just used to show that Trump's current number isn't lower than anything we've seen before or recently.
    So basically as long as two people somewhere in America think Trump was a good choice then "people" still think he is.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Past week is a drop of 2% points. Not seeing the 1 week tab you're mentioning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Yup and no one is saying that never happened. What people are taking issue with is:

White House press secretary Sean Spicer has repeatedly pointed to Atlanta, along with San Bernardino and Boston, as one of three U.S. cities that have been attacked by Islamist terrorists
    That's the funny part though. The terrorist attack that happened wasn't an Islamist, but a domestic right-winger screeching about abortions.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And you're avoiding the context. The most accurate way to compare them would be to view their start in office, something I'm sure you looked at and then blanched. Obama was 69%.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Expect some lessened security measures, briefs ignored, and an attack happening.
    Yeah, something like that. Just seems like they're screaming terrorist to nonsensical ends. Shouldn't be surprised if an attack happens soon. Most likely an attack that could have been prevented but was ignored for political gain.

7+ Year Old Account
    Feel like prior to Trump being elected I was seeing a lot of threads regarding all the issues the refugees/immigrants were/are causing in Europe.

Now that Trumps prez endless amounts of "save the refugees" and "immigrants are amazing" threads. Literally idc if we let no else into America if you all want to get distracted arguing about fake news go for it...feeding right into the new administrations playbook.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Kind of sad how they are spreading lies and fear. This is not what the U.S. is about.

I like to think that they aren't as successful as they want to be though. Not with a country that has mostly already seen behind the curtain and can easily call 'Bullshit' when need be and already given several examples. They telegraph their moves and go about their deeds with all the clumsiness of those who think they've already gotten away with it all. In a way we're lucky they're so incompetent or else these things would have posed a greater threat if they were implemented with more finesse and subtlety.

The worst thing is that its so clear that they WANT to create fearfulness to advance their own agenda. It's just beyond shameful and I can't wait for the truth of what the US Really is to eventually beat their asses. We just gotta keep standing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Working overtime to create an alternative reality filled with alternative facts. This administration really wants us to be petrified.
    A scared population will more willingly accept an authoritarian government. They're playing by the same book that every dictator who was elected by the people follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Folks, mark me, we are watching a burgeoning would-be authoritarian regime testing the integrity of the democratic institutions designed to confine such aims.

What Trump is doing is called gaslighting. He is challenging your reality and experience by concocting a narrative in which you should be scared, and if you're not it's because you're being lied to.

Ding ding ding ding ding! We have a winner, ladies and gents! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Wasn't the Atlanta attack where Fredrick Douglas was killed? RIP

But seriously, this is pretty ridiculous that they are getting so much wrong so often
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8