Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Participation is high because it's basically free loot for 30 min afk.

It's like opening a chest with a loot inside but you cannot do anything else for 30 min. Nobody will refuse the loot but nobody enjoys the concept.
    If you're actively going afk, plenty of us will call you out and vote to kick you; plain and simple. In my observations, the visceral feelings over LFR come from people who do this stuff because they "think" everybody else is doing it. To quote a friend, that's an iss'you'.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, having people pull trash to the spawn point between augur/bot was poison and killed the raid (literally and metaphorically) because new players would come in, die instantly, and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    If you're actively going afk, plenty of us will call you out and vote to kick you; plain and simple. In my observations, the visceral feelings over LFR come from people who do this stuff because they "think" everybody else is doing it. To quote a friend, that's an iss'you'.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, having people pull trash to the spawn point between augur/bot was poison and killed the raid (literally and metaphorically) because new players would come in, die instantly, and leave.
    You don't have that many kicks. Also you can't kick in combat. Ninja pull > afk > repeat. Or do nothing and fly under the radar.

Just went in their a complete Star Auger virgin, as was the other tank. We got the tank stuff sorted before we even pulled the first time. Had 2 wipes due to bad DPS, but got it on the 3rd.
    RETH

Killed all the bosses one shot without problems, however we had a bunch of wipes on Botanist trash that kept getting ninja pulled to spam stun and silence on the group.

Kicked one healer who intentionally kept pulling extra trash with the excuse that "it's LFR lol".

15+ Year Old Account
    How to kill Star Augur in LFR

Tank big add(s) away from boss.

There, grats u did it.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Still waiting for krosus wiping half raid when he crashes bridge
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran it on LFR yesterday. First pull, hunter heros on pull, too many people dead for p3. Second pull, offtank gets feared by EVERY SINGLE WHISPER THE VOID. Kick tank. Third pull, I call out instructions during the whole fight, only 1 person dies. It shows that most of the fails on Star Auger are just a lot of people didn't know the fight. His dps requirement is on point for LFR and mechanics were removed. Once everyone knows what to do, he's really easy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Why don't players just get better? The solution shouldn't be nerf it because its too hard in LRF, it should be get better as a player.
    Because, many of them refuse the effort needed. Basically, there's lots of people who will hit a wall, and then simply quit rather than try to climb that wall. They don't play the game competitively or for a challenge, but rather in " story mode." That's just how it is. There's a Ghostcrawler quote that's appropriate here, but rather than butcher it with a misquote, I summon he who has it in his forum signature.

Oh wise @Osmeric, bring us thy sharp wit.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

What could actually cause problems with Star Augur? Even on Heroic it feels the hard part of the fight is the numbers required. The mechanics themselves are quite basic but the fight is brilliant because of its theme and tuning.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

The only hard part about Auger is getting a raid full of LFR players to not facepull him when half the group is outside the room.

Star Augur wasn't that hard for me. We whiped once because everyone ignored the add. The other 2 were easy one shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Auryt2 View Post
    If you can wipe on lfr boss it is overtuned.
    You can wipe on any of them if you try hard enough. Maybe we should just ask Blizz to remove all offensive abilities from LFR bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Because you are playing with totally random people, who often are disgustingly bad at this game. Trying to progress on LFR is waste of everyones time.
    People play with randoms all the time in higher level mythics and have no issues.

Nighthold LFR is beyond easy, easier than Emerald Nightmare and Trials of Valor. When Trials of Valor first came out, if many people didn't at least read the Dungeon Journal your group would wipe on Odyn and Guarm. So having one Boss in Nighthold LFR so far that you actually have to think to beat seems fine. Lfr should be easy, but not easier than a regular dungeon.
    X

I find it most fascinating how fucking inept people are at killing adds or facing away when the add does a really long cast.

But my group 1 shot star auger?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Participation is high because it's basically free loot for 30 min afk.

It's like opening a chest with a loot inside but you cannot do anything else for 30 min. Nobody will refuse the loot but nobody enjoys the concept.
    How do you know nobody enjoys it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicon View Post
    Star is the most hated boss fight overall. Obviously not everyone feels this way. But pretty much every PUG I have been in does their best to avoid it. On both Mythic and Normal. Many forum posters complain about it, and many raiders I have heard don't like it. Haven't seen a boss this hated in awhile. Except BRF where you needed a shadow priest for that one idiot boss.

My point is if Star is so easy and a faceroll good time that people never wipe on. Why do people avoid it and hate it?
    On Heroic I get the hate.

On Mythic I DEFINITELY get the hate.

Normal? Really? People are having difficulty on normal? It's like 1 step above pure tank and spank. Tich and Spellblade are both much more complex fights (relatively speaking at least). I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'm just surprised to hear this. (maybe I shouldn't be though)

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    You don't have that many kicks. Also you can't kick in combat. Ninja pull > afk > repeat. Or do nothing and fly under the radar.
    Been able to combat kick since BRF.

LFR in Pandaria was way more fun, it offered challenge and actual gear worth getting. I miss it so much, one of the reasons I adored MoP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    How would you even wipe to star augur anyway? Standing on the tanks in phase 1? Standing in fire phase 2? Putting the add near the boss stage 3? Legit question, not trolling.
    ive seen the boss cast big bang in lfr today (his enrage)