Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Presumably never, since Iris didn't/doesn't have any in the comics.
    But isn't Flash the Oprah of super powers? Everybody gets a power!

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Think it's just a matter of having a lot of comic book super heroes and villains on the show rather than a bunch of nobodies.

Most of these people you're seeing with powers have powers in the comics and from their first appearance on the show it was safe to assume that they would eventually have powers.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Should of done what they did in Agents of Shield, death slowly going up the arm...

Cut the arm off!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Should of done what they did in Agents of Shield, death slowly going up the arm...

Cut the arm off!
    It's a real shame that Team Flash is so unprepared as to not have an Axe Gun handy.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    At some point they really need to change the intro though. "Fastest man alive"...

"My name is Barry Allen, and I'm one of the fastest people alive, at least top 10, maybe even top 3, safe bet on top 5, and I fight crime..."

- - - Updated - - -

The decay was spreading too fast. Assuming they had the right equipment on hand (i.e. they took her down to the S.T.A.R. Labs morgue and turned the temperature down even lower than normal), by the time they got the room they had her in down to the right temperature it'd have already killed her.
    I agree it was a good immediate solution, but it does seem like they should have then grabbed some gear to make a Chill Sleeve so they didn't need to rely on Snow not going Frost.

Is this because everyone Caitlin gets friendly with dies?
    Savitars gotta come back somehow, so maybe he'll spring out of his chest all alien style.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I agree it was a good immediate solution, but it does seem like they should have then grabbed some gear to make a Chill Sleeve so they didn't need to rely on Snow not going Frost.
    Ah, but then we couldn't have TEH DRAMAZ!

Then again, why not just figure out what it is about the use of powers that changes Caitlin's personality (since it's obviously doing something to the chemical balance of her brain), and come up with a medical/chemical treatment for that, rather than going all Elsa and treating her problem by suppressing it?

Savitars gotta come back somehow, so maybe he'll spring out of his chest all alien style.
    Ah, that's the trick, though - Savitar doesn't have to come back. Savitar needs to arrive in the first place. Remember, the Savitar we've met was imprisoned in that itty-bitty living space by Future Barry, somehow ended up hurled back in time, was dug up by Julian, and then eventually thrown into the Speed Force by Barry. That is, as far as we know, the end of Barry's interaction with Savitar. We've still not seen the beginning of their conflict (just like we've still never really seen what it was that made Eobard hate Barry so much). The Savitar Barry saw killing Future-Iris was the one who hadn't yet been confined in the Philosopher's Stone by a future Barry.
    Last edited by Khime; 2017-02-08 at 10:18 PM.

Ah, but then we couldn't have TEH DRAMAZ!

Then again, why not just figure out what it is about the use of powers that changes Caitlin's personality (since it's obviously doing something to the chemical balance of her brain), and come up with a medical/chemical treatment for that, rather than going all Elsa and treating her problem by suppressing it?
    I'm not really a fan of "her powers make her evil" anyway.

Ah, that's the trick, though - Savitar doesn't have to come back. Savitar needs to arrive in the first place. Remember, the Savitar we've met was imprisoned in that itty-bitty living space by Future Barry, somehow ended up hurled back in time, was dug up by Julian, and then eventually thrown into the Speed Force by Barry. That is, as far as we know, the end of Barry's interaction with Savitar. We've still not seen the beginning of their conflict (just like we've still never really seen what it was that made Eobard hate Barry so much). The Savitar Barry saw killing Future-Iris was the one who hadn't yet been confined in the Philosopher's Stone by a future Barry.
    Possible, but I doubt it will shake out that way. It does bring up one of the irks I have with Flash, too often we're getting references to battles that sound more fun than what we're actually shown. :-p

GRODD EPISODE!!!

- - - Updated - - -

black lightning coming to cw and possibly now the arrowverse. berlanti said it probably wouldnt be in the arrowverse but that was back when it was on fox, now that its on cw it probably will be

"The CW has officially given a pilot order to the upcoming DC Comics drama, Black Lightning.

This comes after the recent announcement that FOX had passed on the project. Should the show get picked up to series, it would mark as the fifth DC Comics TV show from super-producer Greg Berlanti. If picked up to series, Jefferson Pierce would be joining Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow which all have been renewed for the 2017-2018 TV Season.

The series comes from Being Mary Jane’s Mara Brock Akil and Salim Akil, as well as Berlanti. According to earlier reports, Warner Bros. TV has been working on the project for over a year as the creative team and the studio wanted to get it right. While Berlanti did say at TCA that the show wouldn’t be connected to the Arrowverse, it remains to be seen if that is still the case since the show is now being developed over at the CW.

Official Logline:

“Black Lightning centers on Jefferson Pierce. He made his choice: He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hellbent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he’ll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend Black Lightning.”"

http://heroichollywood.com/cw-orders...ghtning-pilot/
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    GRODD EPISODE!!!
    Episodes* c: It's a two-parter

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro55 View Post
    Episodes* c: It's a two-parter
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssss

"so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I think its about time they kill off iris fuck me annoying as it gets...........
    Also Katelyn is becoming a merry poppins jesus..

with all the "hope" and changing of time, i think theyre definitely going to kill iris. either that or they prevent iris death but because of that someone like joe dies because we all know we have to have barry being emo in the first half of every season

How much you guys wanna bet that they're actually gonna kill Iris, and Barry gets to go back to bouncing from lady to lady, and then in two or three seasons they bring Iris back and we get to keep reliving the god damned get together storyline ad nauseum?

I don't hate Iris as much as others do, but Patty was a lot more fun IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    How much you guys wanna bet that they're actually gonna kill Iris, and Barry gets to go back to bouncing from lady to lady, and then in two or three seasons they bring Iris back and we get to keep reliving the god damned get together storyline ad nauseum?
    Like in the comics, where Iris turned out to have actually been born in the 30th century, so when her body died in our time her spirit returned to the future and was reborn?

mmm...Patty...

i used to hate iris but i like her now. but i agree. patty best waifu for barry. isnt she supposed to get powers at some point or did i mix her up with wells daughter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    evil iris from earth 4 teams up with black siren along with earth 76 rip hunters wife in order to create bizzaro superman which threatens the galaxy in next seasons crossover of which 50% is emotional drama where they argue they can save them while 30% is jokes and only 20% is actual fights and of that 20% 10% of it is an episode where everyone is shrunk in an homage to honey i shrunk the kids titles honey i shrunk the superheroes :P

i used to hate iris but i like her now. but i agree. patty best waifu for barry. isnt she supposed to get powers at some point or did i mix her up with wells daughter?
    Patty had some speed powers in an alternate future, I believe.
    evil iris from earth 4 teams up with black siren along with earth 76 rip hunters wife in order to create bizzaro superman which threatens the galaxy in next seasons crossover of which 50% is emotional drama where they argue they can save them while 30% is jokes and only 20% is actual fights and of that 20% 10% of it is an episode where everyone is shrunk in an homage to honey i shrunk the kids titles honey i shrunk the superheroes :P
    Ah, I see I need to change the password on my private fanfic website again...

Yeah Barry + Patty had better on screen chemistry than he does with Iris.

Like in the comics, where Iris turned out to have actually been born in the 30th century, so when her body died in our time her spirit returned to the future and was reborn?
    Yeah, except without the solid decade of marriage in between.

You shut your mouth. You shut your mouth and you never open it again. They'll do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Yeah Barry + Patty had better on screen chemistry than he does with Iris.
    I don't even care who has the best chemistry. I just want the plot to be solidified and romance get together nonsense to end for at least a year or two.