Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    Or it could have a bigger HD because you know it is 2016 and not 2006! What more stupid decisions could I expect from Nintendo? That is why I am very hestitant on buying one anytime soon. Perhaps I am still feeling the sting from getting a Wii U.

And yes I play on pro controllers because it is what I am use too. Can't do the WII U without one. So there is additional 70 bucks.
    its a handheld console. there is no room for larger hard drives
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you could probably fit a larger SSD, or integrated high-cap UHS-II connector microsd/standard sd card, but that would hike the price.
    and then you'd get even more complaints about the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    According to Nintendo, it is a hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    the Nvidia shield tablet (as well as TV shield) can run ps4 games at 1080p60 through the Geforcenow service.
    You do know what the Grid/Geforce now service is... right? The hardware itself is not actually rendering / running the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You do know what the Grid/Geforce now service is... right? The hardware itself is not actually rendering / running the game.
    i do, it's the same that the Vita utilizes.
    it still doesn't change he fact that you very much indeed can play ''real modern videogames'' on a tablet.

- - - Updated - - -

it still doesn't change the formfactor that the size of the console has in order for it to function as a decent handheld as well.
    So more storage is not possible unless small-dimension flash memory is used (such as SDXC card).
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-02-09 at 12:21 AM.

it still doesn't change he fact that you very much indeed can play ''real modern videogames'' on a tablet.
    You clearly don't know what that service it. Its remote playing, It streams video to the device. The hardware itself (Shield/Vita) is not running the game at all. That is the only reason you can play it, It doesn't run it local (On the hardware itself).

You keep making highly uneducated posts, you should look these things up.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

it doesnt matter what nintendo calls it. the dock is literally just a piece of plastic with hdmi and usb connectors. the only reason performance ups is because its connected to power and that allows it to overclock itself without killing the battery.

its a handheld you can connect to your tv.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Or it could have a bigger HD because you know it is 2016 and not 2006! What more stupid decisions could I expect from Nintendo? That is why I am very hestitant on buying one anytime soon. Perhaps I am still feeling the sting from getting a Wii U.

And yes I play on pro controllers because it is what I am use too. Can't do the WII U without one. So there is additional 70 bucks.
    https://sickr.files.wordpress.com/20...on_in_grip.jpg

If you can't use that, then it's on you, not Nintendo. You're paying extra for something you don't need, but that you want.

Seriously, you don't NEED it. You want it, because you feel more comfortable with it. That's fine, but it's not required to start the console up. Same for the hard drive, and I also have a Wii U, never had a storage issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    You clearly don't know what that service it. Its remote playing, It streams video to the device. The hardware itself (Shield/Vita) is not running the game at all. That is the only reason you can play it, It doesn't run it local (On the hardware itself).

You keep making highly uneducated posts, you should look these things up.
    i know it is a streaming service, and that the tablet itself is not processing the game.
    i have never claimed otherwise, i even mentioned about the switch that it could play ''that level of games without wifi'', which implicates that things like the shield and vita relies on an internet connection to do so.

but you are still playing the game on the tablet, just as i play my console games on my television (and the console is processing it). at this point we're no longer talking about software and tech but semantics, whether i formulated my wording right and how the wording can be interpretated from person to person.

the only 3 things that i can come up with which is ''highly uneducated'' are so far a) the PS4 storage which had been misinformation from my local gameshops part that i didnt look any further in to. B) your assumption about my knowlegde on the streaming services and C)whether the switch GPU/CPU are competetive (which we have no freaking idea of knowing before we have seen the internals and benchmarks)
    Last edited by freezion; 2017-02-09 at 01:22 AM.

C)whether the switch GPU/CPU are competetive (which we have no freaking idea of knowing before we have seen the internals and benchmarks)
    We already know that its not competitive, Once again there is already a port that is a massive downgrade (Dragon Quest Heroes). We also have enough information about it to make a highly educated guess.

The Switch is based on the Nvidia Tegra X1, That is no where near as powerful as a Ps4 or XB1. Also I highly dough it has 8gig's of ram like those two systems do.

Its a powerful tablet and like I said early'er for a handheld its highly impressive (performance wise). For a home console its highly underwhelming and that is what Nintendo is marketing it as.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...-spec-analysis

(Ps4)

(Switch)

(Top is Ps4 Bottom is The Switch)

So yes like I said you are highly uneducated on the topic at hand. You keep making comments about things that you have a clear lack of knowledge of.

Edit: Also in the most current Zelda BOTW video's you can clearly see pop-in even at extreme short distance.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-09 at 01:38 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i know it is a streaming service, and that the tablet itself is not processing the game.
    i have never claimed otherwise, i even mentioned about the switch that it could play ''that level of games without wifi'', which implicates that things like the shield and vita relies on an internet connection to do so.

but you are still playing the game on the tablet, just as i play my console games on my television (and the console is processing it). at this point we're no longer talking about software and tech but semantics, whether i formulated my wording right and how the wording can be interpretated from person to person.
    I'm going to note something for software and hardware in general. Hardware and software are very detail oriented and tiny differences in just the proper name can mean a vastly different thing even if it may on the surface appear to be the same.
    it still doesn't change the formfactor that the size of the console has in order for it to function as a decent handheld as well.
    So more storage is not possible unless small-dimension flash memory is used (such as SDXC card).
    BGA SSD.
    Vita can play games natively... am I missing something? I may very well be considering out of nowhere you mentioned the shield tablet playing ps4 games. Which at that point is a completely different comparison.
    Shield tablet has issues playing non android games due to environment and the whole x86 translation layer that they got in trouble last I remembered.

We already know that its not competitive, Once again there is already a port that is a massive downgrade (Dragon Quest Heroes). We also have enough information about it to make a highly educated guess.

The Switch is based on the Nvidia Tegra X1, That is no where near as powerful as a Ps4 or XB1. Also I highly dough it has 8gig's of ram like those two systems do.

Its a powerful tablet and like I said early'er for a handheld its highly impressive (performance wise). For a home console its highly underwhelming and that is what Nintendo is marketing it as.
    The article you linked is for the first from 2016 and bases all knowlegde on rumors and ''leaks''. when we have no confirmation, then it's all just speculation, and yes i do discount rumors and leaks.

while it wont have 8gigs of ram for sure, then there's still a lot of other things that comes to mind before the amount of ram such as Tflops, clock rates, GPU cores.
    whether it ends up being Maxwell or pascal architecture is going to have an impact of what it is capable of

and honestly, the developers could easily have jumped a fence and ported the PS Vita version of the game rather than the PS4 version so they didn't have to downscale and adapt the game any further.
    because you know, why spend time downscaling and polishing when you already have a version where that's been done?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Vita can play games natively... am I missing something?
    i was refferring to the ps4 -> vita remote play possibilities.
    all given i could have elaborated that better.

--snip--
    Ya there is no talking to you at this point.

Once again its not going to be anywhere near the level of a ps4/xb1. If it was EA wouldn't be porting the last gen version of Fifa on the dam thing. We have more then enough information to confirm it won't be anywhere near those systems.

i was refferring to the ps4 -> vita remote play possibilities.
    all given i could have elaborated that better.
    That is still nothing but streaming....

I can stream the Ps4 to my phone and my phone is a piece of shit(highly dated hardware). Hardware is not a factor in doing that at all.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-09 at 02:10 AM.

That is still nothing but streaming....

I can stream the Ps4 to my phone and my phone is a piece of shit(highly dated hardware). Hardware is not a factor in doing that at all.
    Again, i never said anything else, it was in context and relation to the shield streaming service, as in ''streaming games to the vita can be done as well''

Hence i noted that i could have articulated it better earlier.

Again, i never said anything else, it was in context and relation to the shield streaming service, as in ''streaming games to the vita can be done as well''

Hence i noted that i could have articulated i better earlier.
    Ok then so what is your point really? We get it The shield and Vita can stream games from another device that has better hardware. What does any of this have to do with The Switch?

15+ Year Old Account
    Only three more weeks, doods.

I'm not even going to play mine till I finish nier

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Only three more weeks, doods.

I'm not even going to play mine till I finish nier
    Ya I mite get lucky and buy one. That zelda looks soooo good

Ok then so what is your point really? We get it The shield and Vita can stream games from another device that has better hardware. What does any of this have to do with The Switch?
    somewhere in the range of the answer to God emperor trump when he said that tablets couldnt do more than check emails and play app games and i replied the following:
    the Nvidia shield tablet (as well as TV shield) can run ps4 games at 1080p60 through the Geforcenow service.
    whereas you intercepted it after i answered Remilia that ''it could still very much play modern games''
    and then it comes down to the semantics and interpretation of whether playing a game is on the processing unit or the displaying unit.
    and then eventually we ended up here.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need confirmation that its weaker. We are already seeing massive downgrades in ports (Dragon Quest Heroes).

Its not hard to figure out how powerful The Switch is with all the info that is already out there.

Its a highly impressive tablet, Its a highly underwhelming Console.
    Its a Highly impressive handheld. Its much closer to a handheld than a tablet. It doesn't have an android or apple store, doesn't have netflix/youtube app etc. Its a console first. I think a slightly smaller no dock/detachable joycon model for 199 would have flew off the shelves for years. Im still impressed it can run Steep. I know we have had this conversation before, and they just confirmed the Switch Fifa is actually Fifa18 and not some one off game.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a matter of opinion, Ill mostly use it as a home console so in that regard its meh. Even more so since ill need to use a smart phone app to use parts of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I don't get why people keep trying to argue this.

The Switch is in fact weaker then the Ps4 and XB1 by a massive amount. Its not surprising since its a tablet. Its a impressive tablet but a underwhelming home console.
    I mean its also more powerful than the Xbox 360 by a massive amount. Its a tier in between the two. I think the Switch launching the same time as the WiiU would have been great for Nintendo. Could have gotten a lot of earlier 8th gen console ports etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I think a 128gb SSD drive would have been fantastic for the Switch. The games are smaller, so it would have been acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I know we have had this conversation before, and they just confirmed the Switch Fifa is actually Fifa18 and not some one off game.
    Got a link to this?

I mean its also more powerful than the Xbox 360 by a massive amount. Its a tier in between the two. I think the Switch launching the same time as the WiiU would have been great for Nintendo. Could have gotten a lot of earlier 8th gen console ports etc.
    God I hope its more powerful then a 11 year old system..

The Wii-U was a tier between the 360/XB1, The Switch is a step up but still no where near the level of a XB1.