Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    When someone can present a reason for committing murder then you can have a debate about the morality of that debate and the different schools of thought will all have arguments on whether the act was evil or not, possibly conflicting.
    The same is not true when someone commits murder for pleasure. Beside nihilists who reject good and evil as valid concepts, all other schools of ethical philosophy will not see any merit in such an act. Demons enjoy causing suffering and enjoy murdering people and ending lives. Unlike Death Knights (who face withdrawal when they do not inflict suffering on others) they do not seem to need to cause suffering to exist. We cannot know if this drive is cultural or if it is innate but it certainly exists. Demons need no reason to cause suffering and feel no remorse for doing so.

If a creature has an innate drive to rape, torture and kill, that creature is evil. The fact that it doesn't have a choice in the matter does not excuse it especially when it is clear it can refrain from doing so if it so chooses .

Your further argument that because nondemonic forces also kill, killing is not evil is just beyond me.
    Who says doing those things are evil? You? Why are you right, and they're wrong? To them maybe it's just the natural way of things, and you're evil for denying them that. At the end of the day 'evil' is just a made up word, used by some to define those who do not think like them. I.e. it's all about perspective.
    Last edited by chr2; 2017-02-07 at 04:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    its their nature.

they are beings of chaos and destruction.
    they are power hungry bastards.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard said so.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Demons are evil immortals who feed upon magic and life. They delight in inflicting suffering, spreading corruption, and, of course, destroying all that is good. (WC Encyclopedia)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because Blizzard said so.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Demons are evil immortals who feed upon magic and life. They delight in inflicting suffering, spreading corruption, and, of course, destroying all that is good. (WC Encyclopedia)
    That's all I need to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    We had seen demons from the void like xhul'horac which served the legion and most of the race of the nether surely are allied to sargeras because the legion had a lot of explorers seeking recruits, just look at the demon hunter campaign where illidan is been tracking down by demons in the nether while he tells to his demon hunters to recruit akama
    Their origins aren't from the void. Just like Gorefiend who is basically a Void Revenant/Old God now(his encounter and appearance are so much YoggSaron)
    Void revenants[1] are a race of parasitic void-beings that tear holes through the planes of reality, consuming and absorbing the energies and beings within. They are the remnants of a species overtaken by Void
    Yeah I agree that most demons are apart of the Legion. Sargeras told them all to basically follow him or be permanently killed. But those demons are demons that poured into the universe and we know the Legion's base of operations is in the Nether, we have not heard or seen anything that says he scoured the Nether and made all the remaining demons in it fall in line. Im sure he has, but it's still a possibility that there's other demons in the nether that have nothing to do with the Legion.

i don't think they're evil, they're just predisposed to chaotic behavior due to being born of fel energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    My theory is that the Nathrezim all originally were like Lothraxion; a race devoted to the Naaru. At some point the Naaru were willing to sacrifice the Nathrezim race "for the greater good" and the significant majority of the race defected to the Void. Lothraxion is a leftover from that time.
    interesting theory. i doubt it, but its a cool thought.
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

I think it varies by demon. Imps inherently seem to love chaos, felhunters seem to just like eating magic, the Eredar chose to serve Sargeras willingly. It's hard to say why other than they're evil because they're evil, it's in their nature. Even before the Legion formed they were a chaotic evil force which Sargeras fought and imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Their origins aren't from the void. Just like Gorefiend who is basically a Void Revenant/Old God now(his encounter and appearance are so much YoggSaron).
    Except, demons do ultimately exist because of the Void and there's no excuses that you can present that will change that fact. Demons were formed as a result of Light and Void energies bleeding together so, if anything, demons serve as conduits for Light and/or Void energies.

Even if they don't, demons such as nightmare imps, shadow succubi, and void hounds are just as much "creatures of the Void" as Old Gods are. In fact:

“The Old Gods are physical manifestations of the Void. They are nightmares incarnate: mountains of blighted flesh and writhing tentacles that grow like cancers within the worlds of the Great Dark. These malignant entities serve the void lords, and they live only to transform the worlds they infest into places of despair and death.”

Excerpt From: Entertainment, Blizzard. “World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1.” Dark Horse Books, 2016-03-15. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.

“The second monster collided against his mount. The new felbeast’s tentacles adhered to the chest and side of the rider and the creature began to feast.”

Excerpt From: Richard A. Knaak. “Warcraft: War of the Ancients #2: The Demon Soul.” Pocket Star Books. iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.

The felhunters are physical manifestations of Disorder. They are creatures out of nightmare: bodies of fel flesh and vampiric tentacles that absorb energy as if it's a dark and vampiric void driven to devour energy. These evil immortals serve the warlocks, and they exist only to transform the worlds they infest into places of disorder and death.
    See the similarities between felhunters and Old Gods? They both ultimately exist because of Void. They're both aberrations. They're both evil. They're both immortal. They both have void-related tentacles. And at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard actually established that felhunters spawned from the Old God that was surrounded by the fel lava of Shadowmoon Valley.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    Except, demons do ultimately exist because of the Void and there's no excuses that you can present that will change that fact. Demons were formed as a result of Light and Void energies bleeding together so, if anything, demons serve as conduits for Light and/or Void energies.

Even if they don't, demons such as nightmare imps, shadow succubi, and void hounds are just as much "creatures of the Void" as Old Gods are. In fact:

See the similarities between felhunters and Old Gods? They both ultimately exist because of Void. They're both aberrations. They're both evil. They're both immortal. They both have void-related tentacles. And at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard actually established that felhunters spawned from the Old God that was surrounded by the fel lava of Shadowmoon Valley.
    The old god wasn't on Draenor, and Fel hunters had been seen 10k years before.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The old god wasn't on Draenor, and Fel hunters had been seen 10k years before.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Summoned_Old_God

^1) I didn't state that the Old God was on Draenor.

2) Shadowmoon Valley still exists even after Draenor became Outland and we don't know if that "Summoned" Old God surrounded by fel lava existed 10k+ years ago.

I think the theory that the felhunters spawned from that fel Old God works. <3

Maybe you should reread what I wrote, I'll quote it for you.

Their origins aren't from the void
    Vord revenants aren't from the Void... Just like demons aren't from the void. All life in the universe exists because of the Void, they also exist because of the Light. Almost every single thing falls into that statement, except Naaru and Void Lords.

Maybe you should reread what I wrote
    Maybe I shouldn't because what you're claiming is still wrong. Technically, every creature exists because of the the Void and Light, which means that one can safety state that demons are ultimately from the Void.

/checkmate

Their origins aren't from the void. Just like Gorefiend who is basically a Void Revenant/Old God now(his encounter and appearance are so much YoggSaron)
    Xhulhorac was a void entity which allied or was enslaved by guldan in hellfire, we had seen some void creatures fighting for the legion in the past

Maybe I shouldn't because what you're claiming is still wrong. Technically, every creature exists because of the the Void and Light, which means that one can safety state that demons are ultimately from the Void.

/checkmate
    Lol, how can you say he's wrong when you're basically saying the exact same thing he just said (you know, in the part of the comment you chose not to quote). Anyway, that final statement of yours is wrong; you can't just exclude one half of the equation and still claim to be right, especially when using as finite a term as ultimately is. Demons are ultimately from the Void AND the Light, but then again so is everything else (which you also pointed out), so I don't see what point you're even trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account

/checkmate
    Just because a creature is of something doesn't mean they are from there.

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    That was long since retconned by Chronicles. Demons follow Sargeras to "cleanse" universe of all things that can be corrupted by void. Idk why they have such attitude doing that (i mean torturing people and other), but i guess it's in their nature.
    They're distant descendant of Protoss (some even look alike) that cleanse universe from distant descendant of Zerg (flesh, and of course Old Gods looks like Zerg). This is even more obvious with their newly revealed Protoss Legion Carriers.

On a more serious note: aren't demons themselves fleshy and corruptible by Void too?
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2017-02-09 at 05:04 AM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    They're distant descendant of Protoss (some even look alike) that cleanse universe from distant descendant of Zerg (flesh, and of course Old Gods looks like Zerg). This is even more obvious with their newly revealed Protoss Legion Carriers.

Sargeras/Amon is the last member of an ancient race of extremely powerful, multi-dimensional beings known as the Titans/Xel'naga. He betrayed the other members of his race, immersing himself in dark powers in order to fight against the Void Lords/Corrupted Cycle. Unfortunately, he was struck down before his plan could come to fruition, while his servants labor towards his revival. One of his planned agents, Illidan/Kerrigan, ends up rebelling against him after being freed from his evil control thanks to the Heart of Light/Artifact. Now 'redeemed' and 'good', Illidan/Kerrigan will take on the power of what remains of the Titans/Xel'naga in order to strike down Sargeras/Amon before ascending as a new God/Titan.
    Don't remember who posted this, but it's on point.
    Suddenly, one day, 99.7% of the Lich King's death knights broke free.
    Clearly, the lich king was keylogged

Demons are MADE of chaos. That's why they like it so much.

Claiming demons are void creatures or from the void is silly. Sure Fel forms where Light and Shadow annihilate each other. Like how smoke forms where fire and wood meet. But to claim that a creature of fel is therefore related to the Old Gods. Just because some have tendrils. That's taking it too far. Draenei have tentacles. Heck, Tauren possess so many demonic features, it's a miracle other-worldly creatures don't mistake them for such.

There's demons that use Shadow, yes. There's also demons that use necromancy. But there is no real overlap between the Burning Legion and the Void. Voidwalkers appear to be beings from the Void, enslaved by the Burning Legion. There's a whole bunch on the Broken Shore in 7.2 with names like "Enslaved Voidwalker".

Demons are creatures of chaos. To tear down and undo things, is their nature. It feels good to follow your nature. It's as simple as that.