Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    We shall see come 2018 when the congressional election are held with the democrats having many seats up for reelection in states Trump won. Right now they are acting like kids who have not got their way imo. To me they seemed to have ignored why he won the states they normally win.
    Trade which hasn't come up apart from withdrawing from the TPP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    They really just should make the primaries determine both the presidential and the VP candidate: the winner becomes the presidential candidate, and the one taking the 2nd place becomes the VP candidate. In this case, then Hillary and Bernie would be running together, which, I guess, would please almost everyone supporting either of them; or, if Warren replaced Hillary or Bernie, it would also be a powerful combo.

I've never understood why the presidential candidates tend to choose such marginal VPs. I mean, no one even knew who Pence and Kaine were before these elections. Why not pick someone who has a significant popularity in the country?

If I said what I thought of her vp pick I would get infracted. Democrats deserved to lose running those two. Bernie would have been a much better pick for both the nomination and vp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    ...as they keep failing.

Perhaps you can explain how this is not a failure for the entire country, except for the ass-backward, regressive racists? Here's what Jeff Sessions is and what you're gloating about:

WASHINGTON ― The man who President-elect Donald Trump will nominate as the 84th attorney general of the United States was once rejected as a federal judge over allegations he called a black attorney “boy,” suggested a white lawyer working for black clients was a race traitor, joked that the only issue he had with the Ku Klux Klan was their drug use, and referred to civil rights groups as “un-American” organizations trying to “force civil rights down the throats of people who were trying to put problems behind them.”

What's next? 'Colored' and 'White Only' restrooms and water fountains? We've been through this 60 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    It's not about gender, but it's going to be hard to do anything but portray it that way. McConnell would've been better off trying to Rule 19 at least one other Senator.
    Anyone with half a brain can see that it has nothing to do with her being a woman. Good luck to them trying to push that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Both were actually pretty crucial in securing votes from certain groups. Pence was the RNC's answer to the evangelical right's demands for representation and ensured Trump could get their vote. Kaine on the other hand was actually a bit to the left of Hillary and was/is a political celebrity in the state of Virginia which was shaping up to be a crucial swing state itself. Kaine is arguably what eeked out her win there.
    But, for example, Cruz seemed really popular among the evangelical folks, and Sanders was crazily popular among Democrat-leaning people - both satisfying the needs you mentioned. Everybody knows them, so why not pick them, rather than people who barely anyone outside their states knows?

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    If I said what I thought of her vp pick I would get infracted. Democrats deserved to lose running those two. Bernie would have been a much better pick for both the nomination and vp.
    Kaine wasn't bad, IMO, he was just... he was just. He wasn't very memorable, he was the most generic VP one can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The left is just now starting to unify under the "Resist" banner... it is a left version of the Tea Party:

San Diego Anti-Trump Groups Unite to Form “Tea Party of the Left”
    http://obrag.org/?p=117282

So the more fascist things Trump and his followers do, the more energy they give to the anti-fascist movement on the left.
    I'm calling it the We Party.

It started with the She Party.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

We shall see come 2018 when the congressional election are held with the democrats having many seats up for reelection in states Trump won. Right now they are acting like kids who have not got their way imo. To me they seemed to have ignored why he won the states they normally win.
    The economy was the number 1 concern people mentioned for why they voted for Trump. So I don't really see what apposing a racist for Attorney General has to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    "Resist" is the name... La resistance!
    Resist isn't strong enough.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Not sure about the legitimacy of "silencing" her but the reading of historic letters to make your point for you (or at least thinking that is how it works) is pure cringe to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The right-wingers keep finding new lows.

I wonder how long it will be until they bottom out?
    Have you even been watching the democratic party for the last 20 years? I am not a republican or a democrat but both sides have been going steadily downward for years and years. What the dems did in screwing over Bernie and rigging their whole nomination process for Hillary was beyond disgusting and the media pretty much ignored it. The dems lost both houses and the WH due to being completely tone deaf to the American people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Not sure about the legitimacy of "silencing" her but the reading of historic letters to make your point for you (or at least thinking that is how it works) is pure cringe to me.
    I agree on dregging up letters from 30 years ago should be beneath any us senator. She should be making her own arguments and more so based on things Sessions has said or done in the last 30 years. Not focusing on things said about him from the 70's and 80's. Dems are trying too hard to act outraged over everything Trump says or does right now.

lul Elizabeth Warren. What a joke. Someone who hasn't done anything but has a loud mouth. The only time I hear her speak is in yelling and incoherent rambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I think a lot of the people deigning her influence among independents kind of miss the point. Parties need people to rally around, not just people who appeal to the middle. The GOP gets this. They have people who their base loves and basically only their base loves and that's good.

Democrats have hopefully figured that out.
    Absolutely. I would caution against this crazy idea about her running for President though.

Elizabeth Warren for President is inviting a replay of Walter Mondale, but worse (because it's Trump, not that I think he'll last that long).

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    lul Elizabeth Warren. What a joke. Someone who hasn't done anything but has a loud mouth. The only time I hear her speak is in yelling and incoherent rambling.
    Why would you talk about Sacagawea like that man? You must hate Native Americans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Absolutely. I would caution against this crazy idea about her running for President though.

Elizabeth Warren for President is inviting a replay of Walter Mondale, but worse (because it's Trump, not that I think he'll last that long).
    Trump's going to drop out of the race any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    People actually still care what Goofy Elizabeth "Dances with Donors" Warren has to say?
    Talking about donors just after the Senate approved Betsy DeVos is rich.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2017-02-09 at 08:19 AM. Reason: eh, wrong quote

That there are people who call her Pocahontas and call her a racist is just.....*kisses finger tips like an italian chef*

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That level of unfavorables (over 30%) strikes me as very high for a politician with a limited national profile. The net isn't great.
    She is a woman who wouldn't stay put, who supported Hillary and who opposed Trump. That would be enough for a lot of people to despise her, but she was even marked as a target by The Donald.

Elizabeth Warren race baiting with someone's letter that fought her entire life to bring people together and not divide them. Bravo idiot from Massachusetts. Remain the shining beacon of why I'll never ever vote democrat. Shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Elizabeth Warren race baiting with someone's letter that fought her entire life to bring people together and not divide them. Bravo idiot from Massachusetts. Remain the shining beacon of why I'll never ever vote democrat. Shameful.
    how do you fail this hard at missing the point of the letter? I can only assume you're being intentionally ignorant of the fact that it condemns Sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Anyone with half a brain can see that it has nothing to do with her being a woman. Good luck to them trying to push that.
    Seeing how another senator was later allowed to read the same letter, it will be easy to push.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Seeing how another senator was later allowed to read the same letter, it will be easy to push.
    please, let's not drag sexism into this, we have enough to piss all over the GOP with already.