Poll: Your amount of gold.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have about 7M across three servers.
    I think the average raider has about ~300-500k. Hard to say what the average player has.

10+ Year Old Account
    30k for 4 chars I never like "economic-like" game of ah and shit...im here for lore and dragon killing, not stockpilin' milions of golds that is useless, to me anyway. AS long as im able to buy 4 flasks, 50 pots and 2 stacks of food for raid/dungeons i got enough gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Average? Extremely low.

Median? Extremely high.

There are so many casuals with nothing.
    You've got your mean and average mixed up. Average is high, median is low. Few players with millions and lots of players with low gold.

I've spent around 10m or so gearing up my alts via boosts.

My main only raids 2 days a week and we are at 6/10m so it's pretty hard to setup alt runs when people only raid 2 days.

I do m+ sell runs to I can use that gold I made to boost my alts ;p

I tried to spam buy tokens but it only allows you 10 tokens a week. (token -> gold i mean)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at around 600k right now. The average player has <20k though. Last time I heard numbers from blizzard they said like 5k or something

2m+ what I've spent on tokens since they were introduced (EU). Not even trying to actively make gold, garrison and just selling the extra mats.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that the MMOC community doesn't represent the "average player".
    Hi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Yup. These forums don't consist of the "average player", we're a very small group of subscribers who actively post here. I'd say the actual average player would have like 5-20k gold maximum.
    i would say the average mmochamp poster knows abit more about wow then others like how to make gold and such but.... we have aloto f idiots here...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i would say the average mmochamp poster knows abit more about wow then others like how to make gold and such but.... we have aloto f idiots here...
    Still, the average MMO-C poster is a lot more hardcore than your average player. Asking how progressed people are, it's not unusual to find people doing mythic raids. If you were to look up random people on the armory, chances are you'd have trouble findind someone doing mythic raids. Chances are it's the same with gold.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    At this current time, my gold earned since WoD is somewhere in the ball park of 28-30m.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

When I hit Legion I was at 5 millions.
    Since Legion I was floating around 4,5 or 4,6, didn'T care much about intense farming, I'just selling cutting/gems and enchant with the mats I'm gathering doing stuff

Now I dropped at around 3,5 because token

This thread is only so useful. The yearly gold making/amount survey will probably be more helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

i never had over 100k at one time, across all characters

i think the most i ever had was like 90k, always had majority of things i wanted, except for high end gear

was totally fine with playing under 20k majority of the time, sometimes less than 10k

7+ Year Old Account
    About 5 years ago I left WoW and when I did I emptied my banks and my characters pockets of nearly all their gold. (still had about a thousand gold collectively across all of my toons). I came back less than a month before the launch of Legion.

I play somewhat casually and raid in a semi-hardcore guild and I'm currently sitting at about 750,000 gold. (It might be about 900K by now if my auctioned BoE's have sold, I'll find out when I get home.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 200k but how can we know.

how common is it to have more than 100m or 150m ?

I did have over a million. Then I bought 10 tokens when I resubbed a month ago, and spent the rest of my gold when it went back down to 61k after the hike and converted to cash. Then it said another token would put you over the battlenet balance limit ($250 I guess). So now I have 6 tokens and 40k gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got about 50K scattered across 13 toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    This thread will not get the desired answer; the average player doesn't browse MMO forums. Not that everyone here is an all-star, but there are a lot of people that will follow guides and use databases but never post in forums or the like.

If I go by what I see on the forums, I'm dirt poor for having less than 200k on my main right now. If I go by my guild, I'm rich, having the 3rd highest gold total of the active players in our guild.
    This.

/10CHAR

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had over 5 million at the start of the expansion. Now I have about 1.5 million left, but I also bought the spider mount, subscription time (ending 9 Aug 2022), and now have $240 on my bnet balance thanks to tokens too. So all in all still in decent shape.

I'm at 4mil gold plus maybe 500k in crap I could AH but I am holding on to because reasons...

I was at 4mil gold when Legion hit.

I bought the 1mil pet. Went back up 1mil.

I bought 1 year of sub with tokens...12x55k=660k

I bought A LOT of pets...not sure how much but Blingtron's new one was 150k-200k for just one.

I am not sure how people aren't making gold...just doing WQ and vendoring the crap my other 110s have made over 50k each from just that.

I'm also sitting on 300 bloods which I could turn into a bit of gold...but I am waiting just in case I need them for something in a future patch.

I don't have any friends that were over 1mil gold...big reason is they are like a lot of casuals: they quit and come back off and on and don't get into making gold.