Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So is the legion doomed

We killed Gul'dan We killed Archimonde and Now Kill'jaeden soon where gonna kill Mephistroth and we Killed Tich is the, legion pretty much doomed i see no hope for them if they lose argus, to the army of light.
    '

They already said we're ending the legion this expansion, so yes the legion is doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    We killed Gul'dan We killed Archimonde and Now Kill'jaeden soon where gonna kill Mephistroth and we Killed Tich is the, legion pretty much doomed i see no hope for them if they lose argus, to the army of light.
    '
    They're not really dead, are they, except for Archi, maybe.
    Non nether deaths = not dead.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Archimonde isn't dead. He'll be reborn in the Twisting Nether. Same thing with Kil'Jaeden at the Tomb of Sargeras. Demons can only truly die when killed in the Twisting Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    They already said we're ending the legion this expansion, so yes the legion is doomed.
    Did they say we're ending the Legion? I don't recall ever hearing anything of the sort. Besides, the Legion has conquered many, many, many worlds. To think that it'll simply 'end' after dealing with Sargeras sounds... way too naive and optimistic in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Archimonde isn't dead. He'll be reborn in the Twisting Nether. Same thing with Kil'Jaeden at the Tomb of Sargeras. Demons can only truly die when killed in the Twisting Nether.
    No Archie is, he dies in the nether in mythic, which is canon. Guldy isnt a proper demon so he's dead.
    Last edited by Aquinan; 2017-02-09 at 03:17 AM.

Did they say we're ending the Legion? I don't recall ever hearing anything of the sort. Besides, the Legion has conquered many, many, many worlds. To think that it'll simply 'end' after dealing with Sargeras sounds... way too naive and optimistic in my opinion.
    he is dead. that was the point for the twisting nether phase in mythic hfc.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    They're not really dead, are they, except for Archi, maybe.
    Non nether deaths = not dead.
    Guldan doesn't have an immortal Demon Soul like Archi and KJ. KJ looks to be getting killed in the Nether.

- - - Updated - - -

Chances are we will meet up with Turalyon and Alleria and the rest of the AoL Gang in 7.3 or 7.4 and do some crazy exorcism shit and purge the Legion for good.

Alternatively we may not technically "Kill" the Legion, but may instead sever their connection to the Twisting Nether meaning that without the ability to be reborn constantly, they would eventually be wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    KJ looks to be getting killed in the Nether.
    Well not really but he'll probably have a mythic nether phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflower View Post
    Well not really but he'll probably have a mythic nether phase.
    There were a few strings for portals to the twisting Nether. So I'm unsure if it with be an infight phase, or an actual portal there after we beat the fallen Avatar.

Did you kill Archimonde on mythic difficulty?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Archimonde may not be dead (even the devs don't know wtf to do with him), but we defeated with sticks and firebolts.
    Kil'Jaeden? Maybe he will not die in the Tomb (he can die in the Nether OR in a fel-saturated planet - what if the Broken Shore counts? So much fel), but we will defeat him with sticks and firebolts.
    The dreadlords? Defeated by sticks and firebolts too.

Yeah the Legion is doomed.

Something that I hope that come with Argus:
    1 - A raid boss where we fight both Archimonde and Kil'jaeden - The Defiler being the main tank while The Deceiver casts his spells from afar;
    2 - A raid boss where we fight ALL the relevant dreadlords - Mesphirot, Balnazar, Varimathras, Tichondrius, etc;
    3 - A raid boss where we fight ALL the relevant pitlords - Mannoroth, Magtheridon, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde is dead.....DEAD.....he was killed in the Nether so therefore his soul is dead. He cannot come back.

7+ Year Old Account
    '
    "is an enemy going to die in a game where we are the good guys" yes...?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Averrix View Post
    Archimonde is dead.....DEAD.....he was killed in the Nether so therefore his soul is dead. He cannot come back.
    again blizz has said "we dont know yet" because the cinematic shows him dying on draenor, so for now hes dead ,but the blizz could choose to make
    cinematic>nether

as yes we beat him in the nether, but he teleported us all back to draenor and died there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Well, Archimonde may not be dead (even the devs don't know wtf to do with him), but we defeated with sticks and firebolts.
    Kil'Jaeden? Maybe he will not die in the Tomb (he can die in the Nether OR in a fel-saturated planet - what if the Broken Shore counts? So much fel), but we will defeat him with sticks and firebolts.
    The dreadlords? Defeated by sticks and firebolts too.

Yeah the Legion is doomed.

Something that I hope that come with Argus:
    1 - A raid boss where we fight both Archimonde and Kil'jaeden - The Defiler being the main tank while The Deceiver casts his spells from afar;
    2 - A raid boss where we fight ALL the relevant dreadlords - Mesphirot, Balnazar, Varimathras, Tichondrius, etc;
    3 - A raid boss where we fight ALL the relevant pitlords - Mannoroth, Magtheridon, etc.
    and no the broken shore is not enough, it would need to be so fel saturated it begins to warp like argus
    for example marduum wasent enough fel, and that is a shattered planet of fel, but since it was destroyed it is no longer saturated enough
    when it was a full planet it was enough to contain them, but when destroyed it is no longer that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grusalugg View Post
    Did you kill Archimonde on mythic difficulty?
    no we dident, because we beat him, he then teleported us all out of the twisting nether to draenor, and died there ,watch the cinematic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    except the issue is as said by blizzard, at the end of the fight he teleports us out and dies on draenor, so for now hes dead, but they may bring him back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    No Archie is, he dies in the nether in mythic, which is canon. Guldy isnt a proper demon so he's dead.
    read above, i dont wanna say it again and again, as blizzard has confirmed "for now its cannon but we may change it, as the cinematic shows it and it may be cool to have him back for something"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Gul'dan is dead.

Archimonde Is Not Confirmed, But It's Still For Grabs.

Kil'jaeden Is Still Alive.

Tichondrious Is In The Nether, Recovering.

Mephistroth Is Recovering In The Nether (Since he'll die in the new dungeon).

Sargeras Is Cleaving Worlds/Stars Here And There.

Meanwhile, The Void Lords (WOWs Outer Gods) are just laughing their asses at us right now.

So, NO! The legion isn't doomed, not just yet atleast.....

Maybe in a few months...or..like...3 more years (2 expecs)....but that's about it...

Guldan doesn't have an immortal Demon Soul like Archi and KJ. KJ looks to be getting killed in the Nether.

- - - Updated - - -

Chances are we will meet up with Turalyon and Alleria and the rest of the AoL Gang in 7.3 or 7.4 and do some crazy exorcism shit and purge the Legion for good.

Alternatively we may not technically "Kill" the Legion, but may instead sever their connection to the Twisting Nether meaning that without the ability to be reborn constantly, they would eventually be wiped out.
    Except, Gul'dan wasn't mentioned in the original post, or my quote.
    Do you want to try to reply again?
    I was a Death's Demise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Except, Gul'dan wasn't mentioned in the original post, or my quote.
    Do you want to try to reply again?
    Well considering you only excluded Archi from his list of names which INCLUDED Gul'dan, would you like to post again?

"They're not really dead, are they, except for Archi, maybe." So considering you used the term "They" in a Post that had very few names and only excluded 1 maybe you should articulate yourself better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    In one of the most recent interviews they say that they havent decided yet, so you might wanna stop with trying to correct someone.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Nope, all they said was that we take the fight to the legion, not that we're ending it, would be pretty stupid way of advertising

Well considering you only excluded Archi from his list of names which INCLUDED Gul'dan, would you like to post again?

"They're not really dead, are they, except for Archi, maybe." So considering you used the term "They" in a Post that had very few names and only excluded 1 maybe you should articulate yourself better.
    Read the OP. You get your 'they' from there, since I replied to the OP.

'We killed Gul'dan We killed Archimonde and Now Kill'jaeden soon where gonna kill Mephistroth and we Killed Tich is the, legion pretty much doomed i see no hope for them if they lose argus, to the army of light.'

The above does not include Gul'dan. You misread apparently.

rofl..
    I was a Death's Demise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Archimonde is dead. They may change it later, but that hasn't happened yet so Archimonde is dead.
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Is Archimonde really dead?
    I can tell you our idea behind that. We might change it. This might not be canon. This might be something that we decide we're gonna tinker with. I'll try and explain what the thinking was. The idea was that the demons in the Burning Legion, they're kind of immortal in that they can exist across all the planes, unless they're killed in the actual Twisting Nether itself. So killing Archimonde at the World Tree in Warcraft 3... well, he was killed on Azeroth, but he would re-coalesce in the Twisting Nether and come back to haunt us again. And the idea was if you played in Mythic and defeated Archimonde, you actually defeated him in the Nether and that he'd be dead dead for good. That was the idea that we played with. We tried to explain that and I don't know if... that certainly doesn't come across in-game because it's not necessarily explained in-game. Maybe we'll change that. Maybe we'll change the canon of that. But that was the idea that we were working with... was unless you rip these demons out and take them to the Twisting Nether and kill them there, they'll always keep coming back. But maybe that's not canon. Maybe we'll tinker with that idea. (Source)

I thought Alex Afrasiabi said the Burning Legion is an unending foe, or something similar.

Whatever the case is, I doubt the Burning Legion will ever go away. Severely weaked? Probably. But getting rid of the Burning Legion would be very foolish.