Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Poll: Up to 55% of Americans Approve Trump's Executive Orders

http://www.dailywire.com/news/13292/...-aaron-bandler

In spite of the relentless anti-Trump media portrayal of the president, and in spite of the Trump camp's numerous missteps and flawed spokespeople that fuel that portrayal, the American people are quietly nodding their heads when they see what Trump is doing so far.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-02-09 at 04:21 AM.

Why does every other poll show otherwise?

that's real fucking neato.

You should NEVER use one poll to make a point. Always use an aggregate when available to get a better picture.

Polls are fake news, tho.

On a more serious note, other polls show otherwise and Politico's polls seem to show more favorable numbers for Trump compared to other polls on more than just this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Title correction: SOME Americans love Trump's Executive Orders

See, now it's correct.

Obama entered the White House with high popularity, but the Tea Party still happened pretty quickly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the poll, they only had poll questions on *2* of the I think 19 EO's that Trump has signed. I'm not sure why. And on those only 2 orders they polled on, the approval rating of each was a very lukewarm 55% and 47%. And Trump's approval rating himself is only 47% as of the most recent polls.

So it's probably a stretch to look at those numbers and conclude that Americans love his executive orders.

7+ Year Old Account
    The silent majority stands with Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    If you look at the poll, they only had poll questions on *2* of the I think 19 EO's that Trump has signed. I'm not sure why. And on those only 2 orders they polled on, the approval rating of each was a very lukewarm 55% and 47%. And Trump's approval rating himself is only 47% as of the most recent polls.

So it's probably a stretch to look at those numbers and conclude that Americans love his executive orders.
    you can say they swing in favor of his polices but to say they LOVE them is, yeah pretty disingenuous.

Technically, you could make the title of the thread say "Americans love to rape children" and it would still technically be correct. There are some Americans who love to do just that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/13292/...-aaron-bandler

In spite of the relentless anti-Trump media portrayal of the president, and in spite of the Trump camp's numerous missteps and flawed surrogates that fuel that portrayal, the American people are quietly nodding their heads when they see what Trump is doing so far.
    A variety of slight majorities and strong pluralities would seem to be over-exaggerated when described as "love".

And if Americans are so fond of their King in Orange, why is his approval rating hovering around a record low of 43%? (Though the fact that even 43% of Americans approve of Trump, or that he got more of the vote than that, is utterly horrifying.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10/10 to title good job.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Why does every other poll show otherwise?
    "Fake news"

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    The silent majority stands with Trump.
    I always wondered if real life mimics the official WoW forums.

The majority of people who enjoy the game never go there, but the vocal minority that have everything to bitch about flood the place. lol

I'll freely admit, I read the General and Customer Service section of the official WoW forums purely for the entertainment source of people endlessly bitching about every imaginable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    A variety of slight majorities and strong pluralities would seem to be over-exaggerated when described as "love".

And if Americans are so fond of their King in Orange, why is his approval rating hovering around a record low of 43%? (Though the fact that even 43% of Americans approve of Trump, or that he got more of the vote than that, is utterly horrifying.)
    See, this is the problem we have in politics nowadays. You are perfectly rational enough to say that 50-55% of Americans being in favor of something doesn't mean we as a country love it but then you can't help but say the last part, and how 43% approving of him is "utterly horrifying". Its not utterly horrifying. Even the travel ban wasn't some horrible thing. It was controversial at worst. Its easy to act self righteous about things like that up until someone's father/mother/son/daughter dies in some random act of violence brought on by someone who slipped through the vetting process and acting like your sense of what America is about outweights those people's lives. I sometimes defend Trump but things like what he said about the judge who ruled against his order are incredibly stupid of him to say as president. So far we have very little to judge him by as potus. People who voted him in still supporting him is not even the least bit surprising nor horrifying. The hyperbole needs to stop.

This just in:

Most people are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

You liberals are trying so hard to downplay and dispute this while you know full well that if the poll showed the opposite you'd be holding it as holy gospel. It really is sad to see you lot rationalize facts that aren't in your favor. What will it take for you to accept the fact that Americans do not feel the ideology of the left is in their best interest?

The same site has some clearly biased sensationalist conservative stuff on their front page, so I wouldn't trust anything from it.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tea Party: Supporter 628 30%
    Employ: Retired 532 26%

Gallup has the tea party at about 17% nationally. About 14.5% of the country is retired.

I can't find any methodology online, and those groups are pretty over-represented in that poll.