Thread: My new PC

My new PC

https://www.amazon.com/iBUYPOWER-Des.../dp/B01HYBRNUW

Due to budget/time restrictions, instead of building my own I just purchased this. It should be here in a few days. I don't do much PC gaming at all (WOW, LoL, HoTS) mostly due to the fact that my current computer (ie toaster oven) is over 10 years old, is running vista, and takes a crap if I so much as think about opening more than 1 program. It's your basic dell inspiron.

I've always been able to play wow just fine, up until Wod. That's when the fps issues started and pvp was just out of the question. I don't need to play on ultra, but should I have any issues at all raiding/pvp/doing anything with more than 5 players on the screen? I'm just to the point that I can't even enjoy playing the game when it takes 5 minutes to walk across dalaran from the 1-2 fps I get or having to turn my camera to face a wall just to do LFR.

Also, any suggestions on what I should upgrade first on the new pc? Currently planning on using my tv as a monitor since mine is pretty small(and also 10 years old). Thanks all

You won't get 1 - 2 FPS with the new system but its nothing to look at. GPU is weak. CPU is weak for WoW purposes.

Sadly...this doesn't look any more recent than a ten year old computer...I really hope you didn't pay more than $300 for this...Raiding will definitely be an issue on this...dungeons may be fine but..eh...

First upgrade I would do, a gtx 1060. Strong graphics card, will max out 1080p games no problem.

Second upgrade, getting a real cpu and a decent motherboard.

Third upgrade, memory, 16gb of good memory.

Deleted
    https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Gaming...&keywords=8350

my suggestion for a "cheap" wow medium/high rig.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1004 View Post

No idea if that comes with the liquid cooler in the picture, but yeah this would definitely be a great gaming pc for wow and beyond

10+ Year Old Account
    Return it, simply put.

Four year old hardware that was 'meh' when it was new.

For a super cheap pre-built, I personally like the ASUS M32CD or M32AD, in that it has a high clocked newer generation i3. You can buy them recertified for $300, throw in a 1050 for $100, and you have a respectable gaming system for ~$400, the same price that one is listed at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1004 View Post

Still meh. The 8350 is barely better than the 4300. Nearly the same speed, same tech. Poor IPC for price. Any gen i3 is still better for the same price.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

You could always wait a little bit and see where AMD's new Rizen goes.

I know I certainly am.

Deleted
    I agree, cancel that order. it is easy to get ahead of yourself when spending that amount of money but you could do much better. Wish draw the cash and put it in a sock drawer for a month or two and add 200 dollar to that and do ALOT better.

What to upgrade first? Everything. You shouldn't have even bought it. This is why we always always always tell people check before you buy, not after. It's a 5-year old CPU that was already bad for WoW when it came out. The graphics card in it is 3 years old and not meant for gaming at all. Slow DDR2 RAM. No telling the quality of PSU. For the same price you could build yourself something much much better than that pile of crap.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpow...?skuId=5615010

Start here at bare minimum. Cheapest budget rig i have found after looking for multiple friends. should last at least 3 years or longer as tech upgrades have slowed down significantly unlike 5 years ago. Cancel that previous order..... that comp is just... no words.

That or wait for zen and the Vega card to come out from amd. Zen should be end of month and vega not too long after that.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately waiting wasn't much of an option. My PC I have now literally shuts itself off every 10 minutes regardless of what programs are running. A new computer was needed. I'm well aware I could have done much much better, but I've seen one of these fresh out of the box running wow and it ran @ high settings in ashran with zero issues with at least 30 players on screen. Not that I'm trying to defend it, it's clearly a crap computer...but I could use less doom saying advice and a bit more on "Here is what you actually need to upgrade next". Again, I'm not a graphics whore and I only play wow, LoL, Hots...so I don't need the best of anything or anywhere close to it. Hell, I could play wow on minimum settings and be fine...unfortunately my current pc can't even handle that anymore.

Hmm. Lots of old, outdated tech in there, probs a really cheap PSU too.

That wasn't a sensible purchase.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately waiting wasn't much of an option. My PC I have now literally shuts itself off every 10 minutes regardless of what programs are running. A new computer was needed. I'm well aware I could have done much much better, but I've seen one of these fresh out of the box running wow and it ran @ high settings in ashran with zero issues with at least 30 players on screen. Not that I'm trying to defend it, it's clearly a crap computer...but I could use less doom saying advice and a bit more on "Here is what you actually need to upgrade next". Again, I'm not a graphics whore and I only play wow, LoL, Hots...so I don't need the best of anything or anywhere close to it. Hell, I could play wow on minimum settings and be fine...unfortunately my current pc can't even handle that anymore.
    The answer to that is....everything. The whole thing sucks and all of it needs to be upgraded. If you upgrade the GPU first, you'll still be bottlenecked by that horrible CPU. If you upgrade the CPU first, you'll need to upgrade Motherboard and RAM as well but you'll still be bottlenecked by that horrible GPU. No matter what you upgrade first, you'll likely want a better PSU than whatever no-name piece of crap they put in it. There is no "first" upgrade to that system. It's either upgrade the whole thing or still be held back because all the parts suck that bad.

So here is a list of what to upgrade first:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.79 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock H170A-X1 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($76.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Mushkin Essentials 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($51.98 @ Directron)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.33 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($50.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $454.04
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-08 12:40 EST-0500

I guess you could leave the case off if you buy the originally linked system as you could use that case. It's about the only thing that does not really need to be replaced. But then you just spend $400 on a $50 case.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly it's not about being a "graphics whore" or even needing the best of anything. It's about spending more for less and wasting your hard earned cash on something that's pretty trash for your needs. It's also likely going to have a shitty PSU which is basically like putting a ticking time bomb in your PC and hoping that you end up finished with the PC before the unknown time runs out. Disregarding quality, it's also probably way too low of wattage to consider any worthwhile GPU upgrades without also upgrading the PSU. Old ass CPU that's half as good as ANY modern Intel for WoW is whole other story.

You clearly need a PC and you clearly don't have money to throw around carelessly, but yet here you are doing exactly that. You're contradicting yourself. If budget is the issue then you're definitely spending more for less by going prebuilt and there's no arguing that. Time can't be the argument because if you have time to play any of those games mentioned then you have a couple hours to build a PC.

Even if you are 100% unwilling to build, offering a max budget and getting some help finding a better prebuilt would do you a whole lot better. I mean why settle for something that's going to barely get you by for a while when it's possible that the same budget might get you something that's going to have a higher life span? I mean really those parts in that build are old. I built a PC for my Office for ~$400 or so a year ago that not only has an SSD but would play WoW much better than the junk you bought. Now if you would possible consider building one (and people in this forum would be more than happy to help), you'd get something that you would end up being much more happy with and could give some reassurance that your money wasn't wasted. If you're already talking about upgrades for a build you haven't even received then that pretty much explains how wasteful your money is

Either way, consider canceling your order and get some help to get something better.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-02-08 at 05:58 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

If your looking to upgrade that, just to play the basics, as bad as the processor is, it can work. Take 270$ and go buy at least a 600W PSU and an rx 470 4gb or a rx 480 gb.
    PSU: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16817139197
    GPU: 470 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814150777
    : 480 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-049-_-Product

Ram: if 2x4gb configuration and 4 ram slots buy https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-144-_-Product

Else if you have two ram slots or you have a single 8gb stick in there, buy an 8 gb stick. Im assuming it has 1600mhz ram as there is no real specs given for that comp.

The PSU is needed as i doubt the not listed PSU is strong enough to support a higher end budget card as the 730 only takes 23W vs the 150W recommendation of the 470 or 480.

Sadly, i know the position your in and cant really fix it now. So thats my opinion. Its that or use that computer while you can and eventually replace it. When you go to replace, seriously ask for help. The people here are quite intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    but I could use less doom saying advice and a bit more on "Here is what you actually need to upgrade next".
    It's not about that. It's that you literally got some of the worst options you could have.

They're saying return it, because for the same price you can get something twice as good. Why bother upgrading and spending MORE money, when you can just get the correct thing the first time.

It's like buying a $5000 used car that needs $5000 in repairs, when you can just spend $5000 on a car that... doesnt.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Ibuypower has got to to be one of the worst companies to buy when you don't customize it. Time and time again they say "oh it will come with these parts" but when you open it it will be different parts. Please for the love of god return that.

i think that was a mistake that pc features a Quad core AMD bulldozer. The AM3+ socket is dead your stuck with 32nm FX bulldozer cores. If it was one of the Octa Core processors it wouldn't be as bad I have a friend who still uses an FX 8320 Overclocked to 4.4 Ghz he can run wow fine and it keeps up with his gtx 1080.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-7010-Pro...n%3A2057441011

even that would be better
    Last edited by Packing an i5; 2017-02-09 at 10:15 PM.