Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    They aren't really helping their own cause here.
    All this does is gets more people worked up about open carry laws.

Was that the actual point of this? Very odd behavior.
    YouTube views. The more inflammatory they can be, the more views they get from like-minded dipshits.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But if they do that enough, heavily armed and armored antagonistic assholes will be the norm, and people won't be afraid of people with guns!

Too bad no good guy with a gun was there.
    Cops/Law Enforcement do not count as good guys anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    What crime did they commit?

"The men are now charged with breaching peace and failure to obey an officer"

Don't you usually say that people should always obey the instructions of a police officer?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Cops/Law Enforcement do not count as good guys anymore?
    The idealized story of "Good guy with a gun" goes...

Bad guy draws his illegal weapon threatening to destory freedom, a good guy with a gun shoots him once, with perfect aim, with no PITABs being hurt, with a smooth motion, perfect shot everytime, center mass, Dead Right There. The media celebrates, bald eagles abound, and somewhere an dead NRA member smiles looking up at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Bulletproof vests are not legal, depending on the type.
    Yeah, they are. It is partially dependant on state, but the majority of states have no issue of legality on "bulletproof vests". Anything rated up to Level III ballistic resistance is legal in most states of america, barring I think California, and New York.

US gun culture openly encourages this kind of idiocy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    "The men are now charged with breaching peace and failure to obey an officer"

Don't you usually say that people should always obey the instructions of a police officer?
    Some people need to obey the instructions of a police officer, others don't. It's easy to tell the difference, they're colour coded.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-02-09 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    US gun culture openly encourages this kind of idiocy.
    Oh boy, that's quite the outrageous claim. Is there a shred of evidence to back that up? Or is that your feelings? Because I've found it's a mixed issue on the topic of Open Carry, and the kind of behavior exhibited while OC'ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not funny, not educational, and not what the 2nd amendment is about. I hope these guys serve time. I really don't care if someone is walking around with a pistol on their belt. That doesn't scare the shit out of normal people. An AK, while wearing a mask? That would make ME very uncomfortable, despite being as pro-2A as anyone on this planet. Yes...in much of the US it is completely legal to walk around the streets with an AK. Why would any sane person do this though? All the city needs to do is pass an ordinance making it illegal.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    Oh boy, that's quite the outrageous claim. Is there a shred of evidence to back that up? Or is that your feelings? Because I've found it's a mixed issue on the topic of Open Carry, and the kind of behavior exhibited while OC'ing.
    How about the fact that you're the only Western nation that has this kind of thing?

Deleted
    Good thing they aren't black.

How about the fact that you're the only Western nation that has this kind of thing?
    Nice try, but I'm from Australia. The fact that this happens in America is irrelevant. You are saying it is systematic to the US gun culture. I am active in various Gun rights and gun enthusiast boards, as well as an avid shooter in australia, and I can say the Gun community in general loathes and opposes these people.

Unless you can show a majority of opinions from gun enthusiasts and gun loving spokespeople, you're really just saying you FEEL like it's true.

Nice try, but I'm from Australia. The fact that this happens in America is irrelevant. You are saying it is systematic to the US gun culture. I am active in various Gun rights and gun enthusiast boards, as well as an avid shooter in australia, and I can say the Gun community in general loathes and opposes these people.

Unless you can show a majority of opinions from gun enthusiasts and gun loving spokespeople, you're really just saying you FEEL like it's true.
    So am I. But on the internet the assumption is that you're American unless you bother to cite a location or something.

I wasn't talking about all gun owners, I was talking about these kind of idiots in particular and how American gun culture encourages them. I have no problem with responsible legitimate gun owners who yes, hate these people. I'm sure most of them do in the US too.

So am I. But on the internet the assumption is that you're American unless you bother to cite a location or something.

I wasn't talking about all gun owners, I was talking about these kind of idiots in particular and how American gun culture encourages them. I have no problem with responsible legitimate gun owners who yes, hate these people. I'm sure most of them do in the US too.
    The gun culture in the US is created BY the gun owners, though. The vast majority of which are responsible, and consider these dipshits to be just that, dipshits with literally no semblance of normalcy or brains. I would venture to say that the gun culture in the US as a whole isn't what encourages them, but rather fringe parts of it. Just like fringe parts of patriotism in most countries leads to people being racist idiots, patriotism, like the gun culture, in and of itself isn't a problem. It's the extreme parts that attract idiots and bigots that make things look awful for everybody who isn't retarded.

The gun culture in the US is created BY the gun owners, though. The vast majority of which are responsible, and consider these dipshits to be just that, dipshits with literally no semblance of normalcy or brains. I would venture to say that the gun culture in the US as a whole isn't what encourages them, but rather fringe parts of it. Just like fringe parts of patriotism in most countries leads to people being racist idiots, patriotism, like the gun culture, in and of itself isn't a problem. It's the extreme parts that attract idiots and bigots that make things look awful for everybody who isn't retarded.
    The problem with these wackjobs/dipshits/whatever you want to call them is that they; like the fringe aspects of many groups are a vocal minority that gets way to much media attention merely because they are a vocal minority. Its the same way that fringe rioters (Black Bloc and some aspects of BLM) are the damaging vocal minority in the current Racial Equality movement or the radical 3rd wave angry tumblr feminists are the damaging vocal minority for the Women's Rights movement or the GamerGate trolls damaging the push for more transparency in reviewing/reporting within the gaming industry.

Gun owners and the pro 2nd amendment crowd have these juiced up, Youtube lawyers, who pull off these ridiculous publicity stunts in an attempt to make themselves heard (like the idiots who brought a 3D printer to the Texas Legislature and started printing AR Lowers on site) which actually do more harm than good. Granted gun owners also seem to end up with the militant militia nuts like the Bundy's and their ilk thrown in as fringe associated with our group as well, most of us regard them as exactly that, a wackjob fringe element that has more in common with your Alien Abduction conspiracy theorists than your average law abiding gun owner.

I'd say that if we were to treat these fringe groups for what they are (a vocal minority) we could possibly move beyond them and actually manage meaningful discussions on how to handle some of these issues in a calm and rational manner. However we (Americans) did manage to elect as our President a (from a great Scottish Twitter post) a "Cheeto-faced ferret wearing shit gibbon."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    The problem with these wackjobs/dipshits/whatever you want to call them is that they; like the fringe aspects of many groups are a vocal minority that gets way to much media attention merely because they are a vocal minority. Its the same way that fringe rioters (Black Bloc and some aspects of BLM) are the damaging vocal minority in the current Racial Equality movement or the radical 3rd wave angry tumblr feminists are the damaging vocal minority for the Women's Rights movement or the GamerGate trolls damaging the push for more transparency in reviewing/reporting within the gaming industry.

Gun owners and the pro 2nd amendment crowd have these juiced up, Youtube lawyers, who pull off these ridiculous publicity stunts in an attempt to make themselves heard (like the idiots who brought a 3D printer to the Texas Legislature and started printing AR Lowers on site) which actually do more harm than good. Granted gun owners also seem to end up with the militant militia nuts like the Bundy's and their ilk thrown in as fringe associated with our group as well, most of us regard them as exactly that, a wackjob fringe element that has more in common with your Alien Abduction conspiracy theorists than your average law abiding gun owner.

I'd say that if we were to treat these fringe groups for what they are (a vocal minority) we could possibly move beyond them and actually manage meaningful discussions on how to handle some of these issues in a calm and rational manner. However we (Americans) did manage to elect as our President a (from a great Scottish Twitter post) a "Cheeto-faced ferret wearing shit gibbon."
    Going overboard in your attempt to distance yourselves does more harm than good for example your silly comments on gamergate and militias.

If people don't use open carry then they'll lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Any of you guys see this a few days ago?

Some idiots in Dearborn, Michigan decided to exercise their open carry rights by sitting in their car outside of a business in ski masks, bullet proof vests, and armed with an assortment of guns, including an AR-15 and an AK-47... Naturally someone called the police. The men were questioned and then sent on their way because they weren't committing a crime.

Well they apparently felt their lives were threatened by the police stopping them and decided to go to a police station to lodge a complaint... Still wearing ski masks, bullet proof vests, and armed with their rifles...

Obviously things didn't go so well for them.
    ---

Why are people so stupid? The police would have had every right to shoot them the moment they didn't comply, in my opinion.

What kind of backwards country allows that.
    Oh wait.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone would've felt threatened by that moron he should've been shot in self defense. That IS why Americans love guns more than they do lives isn't it? The ability to assert their primitive dominance from a range.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Any of you guys see this a few days ago?

Some idiots in Dearborn, Michigan decided to exercise their open carry rights by sitting in their car outside of a business in ski masks, bullet proof vests, and armed with an assortment of guns, including an AR-15 and an AK-47... Naturally someone called the police. The men were questioned and then sent on their way because they weren't committing a crime.

Well they apparently felt their lives were threatened by the police stopping them and decided to go to a police station to lodge a complaint... Still wearing ski masks, bullet proof vests, and armed with their rifles...

Obviously things didn't go so well for them.
    ---

Why are people so stupid? The police would have had every right to shoot them the moment they didn't comply, in my opinion.

They're trolling, they're looking for trouble. Open carry is one thing but when you wear ski mask that's some bullshit right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    And if they were Muslims doing the same? Would we be reading headlines such as "Muslim terrorists shot by heroic police"?

infracted - trolling
    More like white supremacists dominating and killing innocent muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    All people who open carry aren't idiots but the ones in the OP certainly are.

I personally don't want to open carry because it would immediately make me a target should someone try something. I'd much rather they not know I have a weapon until it's too late for them.

Also who sits around with rifles and masks? Is this some GTA 5 shit? Lol.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis