Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yes, two different actions, and with one of these actions the guy has nothing to do yet he is 100% responsible for that action. The thing you are just ignoring here is that having a child is a decision made by the female. Getting pregnant isn't the same as becoming a parent, just like having sex isn't the same as becoming a parent, we have ways of avoiding this "becoming a parent" thing. One of these ways available to woman is 100% effective, that means that becoming a parent is 100% a choice of the female. Yet somehow, like magic, males are responsible for this choice because they had sex.
    Getting pregnant was a mutual choice. Having the child technically requires no decision at all, as the birth would be imminent after conception. If she does nothing, makes no decision, that baby is going to be born. Not having sex is also 100% effective, o the man also has a choice. Seriously, I can do this all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But she is not free to poison me, or try to cut my fat off in my sleep.

The original action to create the baby/fetus was mutual.

Everyone wants to play the victim card today.

- - - Updated - - -

Please, the victim card stuff is pathetic. The man can say all he wants, but he has no control over her body. He does have control over what he put into her body. The man is not impacted by her decision, he's impacted by his decision.
    Pathetic is not understanding that this isn't an equal situation at all and that men get the shaft when it comes to rights.

he's impacted by his decision.
    What decision, having a sex life?

You feminists always try to shame men for their sexuality, so congrats, you're doing great.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Please, the victim card stuff is pathetic. The man can say all he wants, but he has no control over her body. He does have control over what he put into her body. The man is not impacted by her decision, he's impacted by his decision.
    She also made the decision to spread her legs.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    You do realise he'd be made to pay child support even if he was raped, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Women do that whn they abort a kid the man wants all the time and you don't see them jailed for it.
    Men do not have any right over any part of a woman's body, so no, if they get upset it's their own problem.

Inb4, aha, then men shouldn't be held responsible afterwards, YES they should because foetuses and babies are different. For starters, a baby is no longer attached to the body of their mother.

Deleted

I dont say what that man did was right.

I started with that paper which would made man non responcible for baby he didnt want to have but woman choose to keep it and ruin mans life with that decision.

Actually. Now its that man is responsible for actions of another being. Actions he has no way to affect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Men do not have any right over any part of a woman's body, so no, if they get upset it's their own problem.
    What?

So a woman that has emotional pain over losing the fetus is fine, but a man having emotional pain over the woman aborting is not?

What sort of addled, sexist mind can produce such drivel?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    She also made the decision to spread her legs.
    So they are each 50% responsible for getting pregnant. Since a birth is the natural outcome of such an action, then both are responsible. No further choices are actually required.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I dont say what that man did was right.

I started with that paper which would made man non responcible for baby he didnt want to have but woman choose to keep it and ruin mans life with that decision.

Actually. Now its that man is responsible for actions of another being. Actions he has no way to affect.
    Then he wanted to avoid responsibility for that action, by poisoning her and killing the fetus.

So they are each 50% responsible for getting pregnant. Since a birth is the natural outcome of such an action, then both are responsible. No further choices are actually required.

- - - Updated - - -

Then he wanted to avoid responsibility for that action, by poisoning her and killing the fetus.
    Right, so if you give me peanuts which I consciously take and I'm allergic and I die that's your fault. Got it.

Deleted
    Getting pregnant was a mutual choice. Having the child technically requires no decision at all, as the birth would be imminent after conception. If she does nothing, makes no decision, that baby is going to be born. Not having sex is also 100% effective, o the man also has a choice. Seriously, I can do this all day.
    No, getting pregnant was an accident, as the male didn't want this. Having a child does require a decision, the decision if you wan to become a parent. Because, as i've pointed out, we have ways to avoid the whole "becoming a parent" thing.
    "doing nothing" isn't the same as "not making a decision" by any means.
    Not having sex isn't effective, it is just some religious bullshit being spewed, it is just unrealistic.
    If you can come up with new strawmans all day, then you must have quite the imagination.

What?

So a woman that has emotional pain over losing the fetus is fine, but a man having emotional pain over the woman aborting is not?

If I decide to chop off my hand, and you get upset, it's fine, but I shouldn't be held responsible for your trauma.
    But, if you chop my hand off and I get upset, you are responsible.

Is it really that hard to understand? But again, you believe in what infowars say, so I guess you just like making up bullshit arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You really don't even have to consider the pregnancy. Giving someone a chemical for them to unknowingly ingest that can harm them is literally poisoning them and can be considered battery.
    Dude literally just said he could beat someone up bad and not get 7 years...

Deleted

And if there were such a paper i was talking about they would both signed it and would live happily ever after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    It's the women's body, the man should not have a say on it. Heck I'll go as far as to claim that if the man does not want to pay pensions for baby he wanted to abort then he shouldn't.
    This makes more sense. It's a complicated matter, having a child. Both parents should consent to sex, be ready for a baby, and want the baby when it comes out. If even 1 of the 2 adults is not in agreement with all three parts here, it gets gross.

Right, so if you give me peanuts which I consciously take and I'm allergic and I die that's your fault. Got it.
    She did not consciously take the abortion pills. Thanks for playing.

Deleted
    What?

The pregnancy does not effect the man in anything like the same way as the biological/hormonal changes that happen to the woman.

Whatever your beliefs about abortion, poisoning someone is never acceptable. Likewise, stripping someone of their autonomy is deplorable.

Even with condoms accidents can happen or be caused to happen.

And being a glorified sperm donor still doesn't give you 50% of responsibility. Or it shouldn't. But in our world it does.
    Also an interesting standard--- we accept the notion that a man can donate sperm, and that a woman can purchase it in an attempt to get pregnant, and that the man will remain anonymous and have no liability towards any children that are born. But if such an event happens outside such a place there is an inherent contract between man woman and society. Maybe we should just let men sign up like organ donors on their drivers license.

No, that's silly. Why would anyone feed a woman that isn't pregnant abortion pills?
    AKA "I'm talking out of my ass because I want to make a point where there isn't one". He wasn't charged with murder, and the distinction between this and an abortion is that the woman didn't choose. The fetus is a part of her body, only she can choose to remove it. He tried to make that decision for her, which takes away her autonomy. It doesn't matter if an abortion causes her pain, if she chooses it. I can choose to do a lot of things that cause me pain, that doesn't make them illegal.

Try not posting threads about things you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    If I decide to chop off my hand, and you get upset, it's fine, but I shouldn't be held responsible for your trauma.
    But, if you chop my hand off and I get upset, you are responsible.

Is it really that hard to understand? But again, you believe in what infowars say, so I guess you just like making up bullshit arguments.
    Why in the world are you comparing your hand and a child?

- - - Updated - - -

She did not consciously take the abortion pills. Thanks for playing.
    I was talking about creating a kid, not about the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    AKA "I'm talking out of my ass because I want to make a point where there isn't one"..
    There is one, though. A pregnant woman gets special treatment and she shouldn't.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a woman wants to give birth then forced abortion is murder.
    If a woman wants to abort then it's not murder.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Yes, two different actions, and with one of these actions the guy has nothing to do yet he is 100% responsible for that action. The thing you are just ignoring here is that having a child is a decision made by the female. Getting pregnant isn't the same as becoming a parent, just like having sex isn't the same as becoming a parent, we have ways of avoiding this "becoming a parent" thing. One of these ways available to woman is 100% effective, that means that becoming a parent is 100% a choice of the female. Yet somehow, like magic, males are responsible for this choice because they had sex.
    No, the guy is 50% responsible for the outcome of the initial shared action. They fucked, and she got pregnant. Once she's pregnant, having a baby is inevitable, unless another action is made. Having the baby actually requires no further action. She's 100% responsible for an action that was never taken.