10+ Year Old Account

How are Death Knights to level? Since like Legion...

I haven't played one since Wrath.

Might make a Blood Elf Female Death Knight, but still deciding on it.
    Does the heirloom help at all leveling from fifty five to one hundred?

Getting better bags might help too right?
    I much prefer Demon Hunters, but are Death Knights any good?

Also is there any guides on how to play them? Like the best DPS spec to level?

Blood, Unholy, or Frost?
    For the Horde!

Levling is nice, if u want quick levels thuo you should just stick to blood and tank dugeouns. I would prob say frost is best for dps since its much more upfront with its damage instead of the buildup Unholy have.
    The rest is the same as all other classes. Heirloom kills everything and helps alot, Ofc bags is nice but whatever.

But tanking is prob the quickest way to level by far since Dugeons give lots of exp (cept for Pandaria Dugeons, to few with to few quests. Better to do normal levling there and just do dugeons for the quests once.

10+ Year Old Account
    It entirely depends on your playstyle. If you like melee and have little to no mobility but tons of burst (in regards to Frost), then DK might be the right fit for you. They are also lovely tanks with tons of HP and self-sustain, although Death Strike got hit rather hard in Legion. Still amazing, however.

DHs are the mobility class, able to get targets from afar and inbetween easily. Havoc has some clunky builds, but seeing as I almost never (only at launch) play DH, it might've changed from the Fel Rush build. Vengeance does include tons of self healing as well, but they take rather spiky damage, depending on the encounters.

DH is by far the easiest to level as you have little to no downtime if you take the talent which grants you Fury/HP on kills. Frost and Unholy are rather squishy in comparison, but still doable.

They, like every other class require almost no effort or conscious thought to level. Even less so if you're Blood.

Past that we can't help you, try the class. Only then will you know if it suits you or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    They, like every other class require almost no effort or conscious thought to level. Even less so if you're Blood.

Past that we can't help you, try the class. Only then will you know if it suits you or not.
    Trying it in the PTR and what heirlooms would I need in order to get good experience?
    I am thinking about getting them, but still haven't made a decision.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    DKs are wonderful to level as they have zero downtime and Death Strike is amazingly good. You can without no problem go on mutliple mobs(more so as Blood).

I say decide which spec you want to play by now and stick with it. Every second is practice.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I made my Death Knight so now just need the right spec to level for leveling and then Legion then go from there.

This is what she looks like if you are curious:
    Last edited by rcshaggy; 2017-02-09 at 09:56 AM.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    blood death knight allows you to drink coffee and play with one hand regardless of the difficulty of the quests.
    You can also solo the most dangerous ones with green/blue stuff so... (you know, some quests that tells you it is actually a "group quest (3)" and you do it by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Trying it in the PTR and what heirlooms would I need in order to get good experience?
    I am thinking about getting them, but still haven't made a decision.
    The 2h Axe will probably be your best option for weapon, both Blood and Unholy use 2h weapons, and I think Unholy is the current top DPS for DKs. Other than that just plate gear and strength cloak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    The 2h Axe will probably be your best option for weapon, both Blood and Unholy use 2h weapons, and I think Unholy is the current top DPS for DKs. Other than that just plate gear and strength cloak.
    Blood if your doing dungeons - but tbh you can equally efficient while doing quests.

Otherwise Frost for sure, its both better @High end atm, and also much less build up time (burstier) by nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to say I am a Unholy Death Knight and really liking the spec.
    I'm in Outland now leveling and wish I had more heirlooms though, but I am leveling through old content.
    Really wish Death Knights started at sixty five... :l
    For the Horde!

Frost is right now in NH mythic the top DPS spec in the game. Atleast if u check the top 90% procentile and up.

From a personal perspective I would go frost but thats mostly cause I hate the pet from unholy ^^

But for levling I would say just stick to what you find fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    Frost is right now in NH mythic the top DPS spec in the game. Atleast if u check the top 90% procentile and up.

From a personal perspective I would go frost but thats mostly cause I hate the pet from unholy ^^

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...errassa/simple

I appreciate your input but I am sticking with Unholy and I don't raid anymore...
    Just Dungeons and Leveling so yeah.

Also I got the Abomination instead of the ghoul, and can use the Army of the Dead to summon the ghouls...
    Then might change the Gargoyle too, since I don't like to the Undead winged lady or get a different talent so I don't use the Gargoyle.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post

He's leveling. Doesn't matter what spec he is, it's perfectly possible our current specs do slightly worse than his (I mean, look @ his talent : army will serve as first talent. It'd be perfectly understandable that he's doing more damage with his pets than with bursting sores simply because he doesn't have enough time to burst the wound or because his SS is doing less damage... How should I know ?)

Blood...
    pull the whole zone,
    kill everything,
    ???
    Profit
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    In Draenor now and I chosen Necrosis at level ninety, then going for instant spell on the far right at level one hundred. :L
    When can I go get my Artifact? At level one hundred or early at level ninety eight?
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    In Draenor now and I chosen Necrosis at level ninety, then going for instant spell on the far right at level one hundred. :L
    When can I go get my Artifact? At level one hundred or early at level ninety eight?
    You can start the Broken Isles quests and get your first artifact at 98, yes.