10+ Year Old Account

convergence of fates

what do we think about this trinket ? is it bad or good ?

with 1 relic trait for meta cd and the trinket my metamorphosis is at 1:10 when chaos blades comes off cd.

Without shoulders + 1 other item to get to 2min cd: pretty bad
    with shoulders: very good, underrated even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Don't bother with it until you get shoulders, I have shoulders and convergence and 2 relics, and my Meta times up perfectly with Nemasis and Chaos blades. Seriously, of you don't have the legendary shoulders, its not worth running with.

it de-syncs meta and cb/nem and makes it actually worse unless the fight is exactly 3:59sec long

with shoulders its nice but you got to give up a slot for leg and trinket for it, fair trade i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislav View Post
    it de-syncs meta and cb/nem and makes it actually worse unless the fight is exactly 3:59sec long

with shoulders its nice but you got to give up a slot for leg and trinket for it, fair trade i think.
    That is the narrow PoV that so many blindly follow.

In my experience from nighthold, (subject to change with difficulties and dps present).

A) Without CoF:
    - First meta in sync with CB/nem.
    - Second CB/nem without meta.
    - Boss dead

B) With CoF :

- Second Meta without CB/nem -But holding on to this meta for 30s~ for CB/nem cd is very viable for those longer fights.
    - Boss dead

Even if number crunchers says option A is "best dps", by experience option B seems to happen more often, and produce more damage done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

In my experience from nighthold, (subject to change with difficulties and dps present).

A) Without CoF:
    - Boss dead

B) With CoF :

- Second Meta without CB/nem -But holding on to this meta for 30s~ for CB/nem cd is very viable for those longer fights.
    - Boss dead

Even if number crunchers says option A is "best dps", by experience option B seems to happen more often, and produce more damage done.
    But in those cases you get a meta more, which is exactly the case when it's better. If you however get in a situation where you can't get a meta more (for instance, the boss takes 4:30 to kill) you lose an entire trinket slot on doing literally fuck all

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    But in those cases you get a meta more, which is exactly the case when it's better. If you however get in a situation where you can't get a meta more (for instance, the boss takes 4:30 to kill) you lose an entire trinket slot on doing literally fuck all
    option B is exactly the same as without CoF, if only the fight lasted longer no ? meta/chaos > chaos > meta/chaos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    option B is exactly the same as without CoF, if only the fight lasted longer no ? meta/chaos > chaos > meta/chaos
    Except B as he listed is:

Meta+chaos > chaos > meta > chaos

Or "holding on to this meta for 30s~ for CB/nem cd is very viable for those longer fights" it's
    meta + chaos > chaos > meta + chaos

but in this case you're only really using 1 trinket slot, since CoF is effectively wasted due to not getting an extra meta from it

Deleted
    Easy mode: use cof shoulders and relic or none of them.
    Hard mode: estimate how many nemesis u will get to use during encounter then calculate how much cd reduction u need to get meta in all of them. For example mythic krosus. Enrage timer is 6 min and during progress kill time is not far from that. That means three nemesis and three cb casts, no matter what you do. Now we have baseline cd on meta 4min with shoulders u can reduce that to something like 2.5min Now just with shoulders we get meta at 0, 2.5 and 5min markers. We get three metas all with our nemesis and cb together, and we get to use another trinket besides cof. When this shit is on farm and kill time is closer to 5 min we start to need cof too to get that thirth meta lined up with our other cd:s. Like 99% of dh:s can't even use their braincells to think these things, so best would be just to avoid all of these cd reduction items and just go with ring and waist/belt and pass every opportunity for cof.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

A) Without CoF:
    - Boss dead

B) With CoF :

- Boss dead

if you read what i said you wouldnt have any problems, i said that any fight under 4min, aka 1 meta vs 2 is not that bad.

want to show me where you are pulling your numbers out? if the number of metas is the same in a fight the trinket is useless agi stick.

I currently have two Relics and Shoulders and my Meta is about 2:30-2:40 depending on the amount of Fury I generate. Trying to farm the Trinket to see if it will get the last 30-40 seconds off to pair with CDs appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Easy mode: use cof shoulders and relic or none of them.
    Hard mode: estimate how many nemesis u will get to use during encounter then calculate how much cd reduction u need to get meta in all of them. For example mythic krosus. Enrage timer is 6 min and during progress kill time is not far from that. That means three nemesis and three cb casts, no matter what you do. Now we have baseline cd on meta 4min with shoulders u can reduce that to something like 2.5min Now just with shoulders we get meta at 0, 2.5 and 5min markers. We get three metas all with our nemesis and cb together, and we get to use another trinket besides cof. When this shit is on farm and kill time is closer to 5 min we start to need cof too to get that thirth meta lined up with our other cd:s. Like 99% of dh:s can't even use their braincells to think these things, so best would be just to avoid all of these cd reduction items and just go with ring and waist/belt and pass every opportunity for cof.
    this guy knows whats up, i got shoulders and its a dps loss to use them over the trink/belt i got, you either hold on to nemesis and cb for 30sec each time (most times it will be 45-50 unless you got the ring too)

only time you would use a cof or shoulders ( not both) is when you dont got anything else to put on, and you know the fight is either 3:59 (just enough to use your 2nd meta and not enough to get a 2nd otherwise, or what the guy above said in the 5-6 mark.

it takes too much playing around for the same dps from normal leg/trink combo and your 2nd meta will be weak af.

people did the math and its a dps loss unless you got all of the pieces.

a 2min meta thats another story completely and i think its very nice.

I have the Trinket and Relic but no shoulders and it really messes up the timing with CB/Nemesis. Like others have said in certain situations it can benefit you but it just really hurts that meta/cb/nem pairing.

Hell even the Relic is messing with me now when I don't use the trinket because I have to hold off a bit and wait for CB/Nem.