Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Newb Q but looking to start a ranged class in Legion, at the moment all I play is DH, Monk, Rogue... I've only levelled Mage to 104 and Warlock to 103, haven't touched Druid apart from Guardian to 102... I'm just curious how Boomkins are? I'm going to level it anyway but as Guardian as tanking is providing me with more fun than dps at the moment... :O

I do mostly Mythic+, PvP (BG/Arena) and the obvious World Content... any advise? are we heavily Leggy dependant, do we lack any sort of burst AoE/ST etc..?

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Newb Q but looking to start a ranged class in Legion, at the moment all I play is DH, Monk, Rogue... I've only levelled Mage to 104 and Warlock to 103, haven't touched Druid apart from Guardian to 102... I'm just curious how Boomkins are? I'm going to level it anyway but as Guardian as tanking is providing me with more fun than dps at the moment... :O

I do mostly Mythic+, PvP (BG/Arena) and the obvious World Content... any advise? are we heavily Leggy dependant, do we lack any sort of burst AoE/ST etc..?
    Atm we look really good in mythic plus, especially with the recent buffs to all our AoE kit, which works good even without BiS legendaries.
    Single target is still very dependant on the legendary helm, you won't see yourself at the top of the meters on single target fights anytime soon without the bis legendaries. Overall it's a fairly simple class, it gets challenging with the helm, otherwise it's Dot everything > Build resource > Spend > Repeat.

Good thing you can get into mythic plus as a tank if you don't wanna wait. Or heal.

For pvp I have no idea where boomie stands, feral is probably better, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoto View Post
    Atm we look really good in mythic plus, especially with the recent buffs to all our AoE kit, which works good even without BiS legendaries.
    Single target is still very dependant on the legendary helm, you won't see yourself at the top of the meters on single target fights anytime soon without the bis legendaries. Overall it's a fairly simple class, it gets challenging with the helm, otherwise it's Dot everything > Build resource > Spend > Repeat.

Good thing you can get into mythic plus as a tank if you don't wanna wait. Or heal.

For pvp I have no idea where boomie stands, feral is probably better, not sure.

Thanks for this, yeah my worry was really how they'd perform in M+, I see a lot of fire mages just doing insane numbers, even affliction locks are getting kinda ridiculous now with soul flame... but ive yet to see a single boomkin, and wondered how they were. happily going Guardian anyway yeah, its why I play DH and Monk, if I can't get in as DPS, I can just Tank.

Deleted
    Hello

With the new soul of the forest build,

i've been analysing some top logs, and i see that they dont use starsurge at all on boss like Aluriel that are single target + big add phase.

Are we suposed to starfall in single target because of the low astral power cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by feralover View Post
    Hello

With the new soul of the forest build,

i've been analysing some top logs, and i see that they dont use starsurge at all on boss like Aluriel that are single target + big add phase.

Are we suposed to starfall in single target because of the low astral power cost ?
    It depends on 2 factors: Your relics and your tier situation.

If your relics favor Starfall(such as Moonfire, Sunfire or Stellar Empowerment relics), then Starfall pulls ahead on ST.

But if you have 2pc at least, Starsurge is the winner due to 15% crit on Empowerments, and pulls ahead even further with 4pc which is bonkers(especially for ED).

I am not exactly sure on the math, or if Gebuz has done math on Starfall on ST with relics required. But looking at the current Rank 1 Star Augur HC for balance, the guy has Shoulders, Wrists and 2pc. So I mean I guess it's better for him to use Starfall. It depends on your legendaries/gear a lot.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2017-01-28 at 12:19 PM.

They are also most likely padding to get the highest log

Deleted
    Hey guys, i can't seem to find something about this....

i'm sitting on 4 setitems, all of them with a lower itemlevel than what i currently wear... so how much "itemlevel" can i count in for the 2p and 4p bonuses?

Thanks in advance!

First of all take into account that it's only singletarget that gets boosted, so: which content do you run?
    Which pieces are you replacing (statwise, haste vs versatility or so).
    Do you have ED?

EDIT: Pure singletarget if you have ED, make sure you stay above your closest hastecap, in most cases increased APgeneration will probably outwheigh 15% crit on empowered spells (or even 15% SS dmg depending on haste).

Sorry to say I have no exact value of the bonuses as it will vary alot, but look at your latest logs: how much dmg does lunar/solar casts stand for and how much do ss stand for? If you're not losing too much haste it's pretty easy to compare then.
    Last edited by foibooze; 2017-02-05 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for that.

I have ED and i'm doing mythic+ up to 10 (right now) and pug-raids. Since itemlevel is mostly crucial to be even considered, the items i have are mostly not optimal statwise. I switch between full aoe build and singletarget with shooting stars.

(have a look: en/character/thrall/Dachander/simple)
    i could replace chest, hands, legs and cloak, but that would mean loosing a bunch of itemlevels.

as you have 865legs eq'd with 870 back, even without knowing your ilvls on setback and legs I'd say swap em out and run em full time. you'll end up on roughly the same haste and get the setbonus ^

EDIT: Also if you have some money to spare I'd recommend getting the crafted necklace to boost your haste
    Last edited by foibooze; 2017-02-05 at 04:17 PM.

Has the value of Ring of Collapsing Futures increased now that Mastery is much more desired stat for us? It seems like it's a pretty decent option now...

Any opinions on what to macro the spell to? I'm guessing the "correct" use for this ring is to pop the use effect every 30 seconds...we don't really have anything that this lines up with that thought which feels kind of inconvenient...

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Has the value of Ring of Collapsing Futures increased now that Mastery is much more desired stat for us? It seems like it's a pretty decent option now...
    Well it's okay if you don't need to cap 30% haste with ED, otherwise it's probably better to go for 1600+ haste / X mastery

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Any opinions on what to macro the spell to? I'm guessing the "correct" use for this ring is to pop the use effect every 30 seconds...we don't really have anything that this lines up with that thought which feels kind of inconvenient...
    I think you need 2 keybinds, one with
    Code:
    /cast Incarnation: Chosen of Elune
    /cast Celestial Alignment
    /use 11
    /use 12
    and one just for the trinket when it's off cd.

The idea is to cast it right after our damage increasing cooldown, and then to cast it on cd everytime it is available.
    Considering CA/Inc have 3 min cd you are able to cast your trinket 1 or 2 times with CA/Inc and then 10 or 11 times before your next cd.

Casting it on CD is bound to trigger the 5min lockout. It's meant to be something of a gamble, and to punish people who just macro it to their main filler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys,

On our way to mythic progress and I currently have a 2pc but I have sacrificed a lot of haste to keep it (from 27% to 22%). I was wondering whether it is worth sacrificing this much haste or if I should alternate gear on different fights.

Here is the armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...renjahr/simple

Any thoughts? Thanks

You have 3 other pieces without haste already and eq'ing 2 tier pieces with no haste either. As you don't have ED the haste isn't as vital to keep at any breakpoints, reducing it's value slightly. But damn you're low. Generally speaking if it's the same ilvl as the 2 pieces u have for chest/head I'd def keep the setbonus for the singletarget bosses.

EDIT: please say you've been pvping or something to run wild charge :P also hopefully doing some m+ due to the FoN t1 talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    EDIT: please say you've been pvping or something to run wild charge :P also hopefully doing some m+ due to the FoN t1 talent.
    Wild charge helps on certain bosses like Star Augur. DB is best on Elisande to get away from rings asap if you find yourself in a pickle. But yeah, WC does not bother me at all - keeps in moonkin form and allows me to SS while moving away from abilities in some cases.

As for FON, been using it on 2+ targets. If I'm not mistaken SL loses value on multiple targets and in heavy movement.

But I agree, my haste is very low compared to my ilvl. My legendaries don't help either. aside from Sephuz's I have the chest and the belt which take the place of gear I have that is heavy on haste. Not much I can do about it here anyway.

Hey, currently progressing on spellblade mythic. What talents should I go for? Also my trinket choices is like this;: 870 swarm, Withred jim: 860 and 890 krosus trinket. Also have 885 socket trinket from arcway (hast on proc one). I am soaking the the mark of the frost so will be moving quite abit, Any input is greatly appreciated thanks lads

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Wild charge is a superior for DPS by far as it only takes 1 GCD to use it. Unless you need a longer distance movement ability (Chonomatic if you are assigned to a far add) or need to blink a mechanic (Elisande only) you'd be stupid to take displacer beast.

Deleted
    Yeah I like the disengage from wild charge as well. for more instances the blink from DB is a huge overkill. Like glurp says you only really need it if you need to cover big distances or to skip certain mechanics.

Deleted
    DB is significantly more reliable because of the shorter travel time, and no need to face the opposite way (which is harder to aim). I really wouldn't recommend it for any mythic encounters other than Helya (and possibly Gul'dan), that has predictable movement more often than every 30 seconds.
    Skorpyron: Significantly easier to blink back into position without ninja pulling if you get hit by shockwave.
    Anomaly: Depending on the tactic, you might need to run long distances, making DB better.
    Trilliax: Getting to scrubbers that are about to blow (that you didn't prepare for) is faster.
    Spellblade: DB allows you to react faster in case you find yourself out of position with a fire brand just before a detonate. I would consider going Renewal for it though, since it is extremely rare that you need the blink or disengage.
    Tichondrius: DB makes it easier to detonate brands if you have to move to the other side, and allows you to panic blink with carrion swarm if seeker swarm is coming up.
    Krosus: DB is better for getting all the way to be back with either Orb or for soaking Adds.
    Botanist: DB allows you to completely ignore all solar Collapses (which is a frequent cause of death in most guilds)
    Star Augur: DB allows you to go through other people with star signs without detonating them, or going through fel pools without taking damage.
    Elisandre: DB allows you to go through orbs without taking dmg.
    Gul'dan: WC is probably best for this due to frequent predictable movement, much like Helya. Granted, I haven't spent a lot of time looking at this encounter yet, there might be some mechanics DB would be better for.
    Last edited by mmoc9d2aef9527; 2017-02-22 at 02:59 PM.