Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jugzilla View Post
    Hey don't judge me; I have my guilty pleasures. Whatever you do, don't come in my room for the next 10 minutes. I'm wrapping presents!
    Cool, so we'll just go with that you didn't have a clue about why/how Trump managed to win the election.

Good to know.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, I explained myself. My explanations were dismissed because "blue collar jobs are obsolete and never coming back." I think this defies history, but I have little in the way of facts that can combat this fantasy some of you have.
    Oh, they can come back, you just have to pay for it. Subsidies and incentives and you too can work at a factory for another decade or so before even the last factory job that doesn´t require a degree will be lost due to automation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Cool, so we'll just go with that you didn't have a clue about why/how Trump managed to win the election.

Good to know.
    It would take a book for me to explain how he won, and even then I might be wrong. No one knows. But clearly there were some major factors.

1. Hillary was a TERRIBLE candidate
    2. the plebes are fed up with the establishment of both parties, and no longer trust the media
    3. the Democrat party made a strategic decision to not campaign towards the white working class

I don't see the Democrats or the media working to correct any of this yet, and all indications are that they are going to double down on stupid. And now they have to worry about the midwest...Trump opened up an entire new front for the Republicans.
    Last edited by jugzilla; 2017-02-09 at 06:10 PM.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

No, I explained myself. My explanations were dismissed because "blue collar jobs are obsolete and never coming back." I think this defies history, but I have little in the way of facts that can combat this fantasy some of you have.
    If you have little in the way of fact, perhaps this is because there aren't many facts to support your thesis? Nobody said blue collar jobs are obsolete. But we're saying you can't create blue collar jobs out of thin air and expect it to work as intended. The US has no actual need for more blue collar jobs, to create jobs, you need to create demand. And the only way you can accomplish that is to increase the price of all goods affected to a level where the expensive blue collar jobs in the US are more cost efficient than the Singaporian or Chinese worker being happy to work for 10 dollars a day.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

It would take a book for me to explain how he won, and even then I might be wrong. No one knows. But clearly there were some major factors.

1. Hillary was a TERRIBLE candidate
    2. the plebes are fed up with the establishment of both parties, and no longer trust the media
    3. the Democrat party made a strategic decision to not campaign towards the white working class

I don't see the Democrats or the media working to correct any of this yet, and all indications are that they are going to double down on stupid. And now they have to worry about the midwest...Trump opened up an entire new front for the Republicans.
    If anything Trump only opened up a new front for Trump. He has to deliver jobs in order to hold on to the rust belt. His whole shtick was about how free trade took their jobs, and guess who the party of free trade is? It's ridiculously absurd that people believe a reliably democratic area of the country has all of a sudden fully backed the republican agenda.

I mean, believe what you need to believe, but it's not realistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    If you have little in the way of fact, perhaps this is because there aren't many facts to support your thesis? Nobody said blue collar jobs are obsolete. But we're saying you can't create blue collar jobs out of thin air and expect it to work as intended. The US has no actual need for more blue collar jobs, to create jobs, you need to create demand. And the only way you can accomplish that is to increase the price of all goods affected to a level where the expensive blue collar jobs in the US are more cost efficient than the Singaporian or Chinese worker being happy to work for 10 dollars a day.
    Middle America disagreed about the need for more blue collar jobs. We also understand we may all pay a bit more for our plastic widgets, but they would prefer to pay from a paycheck instead of a welfare check.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    If anything Trump only opened up a new front for Trump. He has to deliver jobs in order to hold on to the rust belt. His whole shtick was about how free trade took their jobs, and guess who the party of free trade is? It's ridiculously absurd that people believe a reliably democratic area of the country has all of a sudden fully backed the republican agenda.

I mean, believe what you need to believe, but it's not realistic.
    Your right. He has to deliver. That being said, all obstructionists must be swept away.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Middle America disagreed about the need for more blue collar jobs. We also understand we may all pay a bit more for our plastic widgets, but they would prefer to pay from a paycheck instead of a welfare check.

Your right. He has to deliver. That being said, all obstructionists must be swept away.
    He has to deliver...on something he can't deliver. So yes, in a way they have been hard at work sweeping away the ultimate obstructionist; reality.

How can people like me, ever deal with people like you.
    Hopefully never!
    You're a part of a disgusting movement that care nothing for facts, and in a perfect world would be deported to some remote island with no internet access.
    On the plus side this place would have no government/laws so you'd be free to execise all your gun rights on each other. There would be no worries of any of you building so much as a raft as the collective intelligence of such a utopia would probably max out around creating fire.
    And don't tell me about the paradoxes in my post, I am well aware of them, just think of it as extreme sarcasm.
    Last edited by Kmids; 2017-02-09 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you selling?
    Don't play stupid, you bought it, you pay for it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

With his conversations being all over the place, do you think he has the beginnings of a disease similar to alzheimers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    "Another disastrous call: Trump bungled a phone call with the French president, Francois Hollande" titles Salon
    http://www.salon.com/2017/02/08/anot...cois-hollande/

"Trump’s call with France didn’t go so well either" says the new york post.
    http://nypost.com/2017/02/08/trumps-...o-well-either/

"Trump’s faux-pas diplomacy" gently puts Politico
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...e-calls-234770

Seriously, it was fun for a while, but for the sake of americans Trump cannot keep antigonizing US allies. The USA need strong partnership with other countries, especially countries that have been historically long time allies and part of the G8.

Speaking of which, i can't imagine what would Trump say in a G8 meeting, or at the UN.
    Any more reputable sources?

Deleted
    I would not give much about "white house leaks".

An information leak sometimes also can be a desinformation leak.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    He will no longer be president in 3 months...

What kind of long-term stuff can you really expect to happen in 3 months and be discussed in phone call?
    I'm sorry, did you think that a new president would simply turn the whole country around once elected?
    Thats not usually how it works.

Now, I'm guessing you're saying this becuase you dislike everyone thats not Putin or his lapdog and Hollande sure is no fan of Putin but still.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    This is true, but not the point.

Regardless of whoever will be elected president of France in 2 month, will donald Trump have changed his attitude and ideas about NATO by then?
    His attitude towards NATO is not the attitude he has towards Hollande. Hollande is an irrelevancy of a president who has no power in his own country. He's just warming the seat he's sitting on for either Macron, Fillon or Le Pen. I'm placing my money on Macron for the moment but we'll see.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CostinR View Post
    His attitude towards NATO is not the attitude he has towards Hollande. Hollande is an irrelevancy of a president who has no power in his own country. He's just warming the seat he's sitting on for either Macron, Fillon or Le Pen. I'm placing my money on Macron for the moment but we'll see.
    Yeah, the sitting president has no power. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Okay, sure, the french one was bad, but... seriously: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15O2A5

Edit: Suppose I should add some description. During phone call with putin, calls new start a bad deal for the US, then asks his advisors what newstart is.

"In his first call as president with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, Donald Trump denounced an Obama-era treaty that caps U.S. and Russian deployment of nuclear warheads. During a pause in the call, he turned to his aides and asked what the treaty was."
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-02-09 at 08:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Noogai131 View Post
    "I'm not even American"

"He'll be impeached"

Hmm.
    Don't need to be american to see where it's headed.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nope. Republicans will.

Once again, the five words that took down Nixon: "We Will Not Protect You". Uttered by Republicans, to Nixon.

Impeaching Trump will be a matter of alienating Trump from Republicans to such a degree that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell utter those words. Considering the fissures already forming three weeks in, that will not be terribly challenging in the next couple of years.

Fact is, Trump can't deliver. The Rust belt isn't getting those jobs back, and, just like when "hope" for Obama's "Change' platform wore off after a year among his supporters, when that happens among Trumps, his already historically low approval rating will plummet further, and he will be devoured.

It's as I've been saying: everybody who wants to destroy Trump... now's the time to build infrastructure to relieved the killing stroke when all the pieces are in the right position.
    I think you underestimate the damage that will do to the voter base of the GOP.

What do I mean?
    1)Trump was an anti-establishment candidate.
    2)The GOP is utterly dependent on right-leaning white voters, ever since the Southern Strategy.
    3)If the GOP establishment is seen as complicit in taking down Trump, come the next election their base will in large part sit at home.

Maybe, maybe Trump can do something so shtty that the Trumpkins desert him, but I just don't see it. So, what mainstream Republicans have to ask themselves is a simple question:

Are we prepared to see a unified Democratic government ( POTUS & Congress) for minimum 8 years? Are we prepared to accept all that will entail (an assault on GOP gerrymandering, rollback of "religious freedom exceptions", more protections for LGBTQ people, significant steps towards single payer health care, and so on)?

Because, Skroe, I think that if the GOP doesn't "protect" Trump, they're a minority party for most of the next decade thereafter. And the allure of power is the surest killer of people's principles.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

It's the economy, stupid. I drive by shuttered factories every day on my way to work. Trump said he will fix that, while the Democrats still pretend this isn't an issue in the mid-west...hence the BEAUTIFUL collapse of the blue wall.

But I am not married to Trump. He fails, maybe I shop around for a better option.

Infracted
    Chinese workers work for $1.25 an hour with no pension, no retirement, no health care, 14 hours a day for 7 days a week and they don't even get safety requirements met. Good luck getting those jobs back, it is cheaper to make it there and ship it all the way across the planet back to us than it is to pay Americans to do the work. The only way you are getting those jobs back is if you are willing to work for $1 an hour.

ANY politician tells you they are bringing the jobs back an alarm should go off in your head, "LIAR LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!! WOOOOOOOO! LIAR!!!"
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Trump is our president. The State Department will eventually have to accept this.
    Unlikely given the hiring freeze.