Tanking Mythic Krosus

O hi,

So.....how are people approaching Mythic Krosus as the dot hands us our ass.

I'm curious to hear what people are doing, from talents, gear stacking, trinkets, anything you've done to help reduce the huge disparity between damage we take and the amount other tanks take from the DOT damage.

Is there a strategy you're using that lessens this? What kind of rotation are you doing with your CDs?

I'm open to anything as we took a stab at Alluriel this week instead of Krosus and with how that went, we're probably going to go after krosus this week. Maybe botanist first. We'll see.

I appreciate any help and feedback

Chew~

I would recommend going Anger Management over Heavy Repercussions. The blockable damage is minimal and AM can reduce your CDs by roughly 50%. I also went with Vengeance over Booming Voice, and my damage was fine on our kills (first kill was 365k IIRC, threw on a stamina trinket for the rekill since I knew we had the damage).

Spell Reflect is your friend at high stacks, especially when a healer has to run out for orb or pitch.

I was able to alternate Shield Wall and Last Stand on slams, lined up perfectly for me. I've seen numerous Warriors not soak their own slams, so that can be an option for you. For the final two slams, I called for BoPs so that I could use my CDs on the orbs exploding close-range.

I hope that helps!
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

Was that with indomitable or devastator?

Did you start off with shield wall or last stand?

What was the other trinket you used to go with which stam trinket?

The BOPs are a good idea, we only have one though

Anyone else who successfully made it through this have any tips or tricks?

Devastator.

I use an 890 Str/Haste stat stick in all cases.

I use a Shield Wall first since I tank first, Slam #1 has high stacks.

What about Demoralizing Shout? Used combined with Last Stand? The only good moment for using it is on Slam, right?

And another question. The reason why you went for Devastator is the DPS Cap? Otherwise Indom is a better option?

And legendarys? Bracers + Gloves?

I use Demo Shout on CD (except for when it seems I'll pull aggro off of my co-tank when I have stacks). It's a big DPS check at first, and Demo Shout is a good damage boost.

I have gloves and Prydaz (and Sephuz + shoulders, by they're not helpful).

Devastator is much more damage and healing done than Indom. Yes, the extra health would be nice, but not worth the cost for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jjmackey View Post
    I use Demo Shout on CD (except for when it seems I'll pull aggro off of my co-tank when I have stacks). It's a big DPS check at first, and Demo Shout is a good damage boost.

I have gloves and Prydaz (and Sephuz + shoulders, by they're not helpful).

Devastator is much more damage and healing done than Indom. Yes, the extra health would be nice, but not worth the cost for me.
    Which means you are running BV.

I do have Legendary Wrists, and Vegeance works great with both AM and Wrists, which will provide me a lot of extra healing. So, as soon DPS Cap arent a problem, Vegeance >>> BV, if it's missing DPS, going for BV and DS on Cd. Got it

Sorry, my post overstated the damage increase of Demo Shout. I meant it more in the sense that with increased rage generation, you can Revenge more (I was on my phone and just trying to get the response in). More rage, more IP, more CD reduction, more damage reduction and output - all around useful on CD in my opinion. I do not run Booming Voice on high damage intake fights.

@Jjmackey Do you have throttle your threat/rage gen/healing usage? I'm pulling aggro off my druid tank constantly. Sometimes even just spamming IP to stay alive and auto attack. Is your druid doing something special to keep it off you easily?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewtoy View Post
    @Jjmackey Do you have throttle your threat/rage gen/healing usage? I'm pulling aggro off my druid tank constantly. Sometimes even just spamming IP to stay alive and auto attack. Is your druid doing something special to keep it off you easily?
    Could be that your druid doesn't have the bracers/pants. Seems like without those they don't have a chance in hell at holding threat from Devastator.

Deleted
    Its because inspiring presence generates alot of threat.

Quote Originally Posted by ruediruempel View Post
    Its because inspiring presence generates alot of threat.
    Should we then drop Inspiring to help? Not sure. There were times I couldn't do my rotation well enough to get shield wall and last stand back up in time

Should we then drop Inspiring to help? Not sure. There were times I couldn't do my rotation well enough to get shield wall and last stand back up in time
    Absolutely not. Your healers would hate you if you dropped IP.

@Chewtoy - I have to hold back my damage every cycle that he doesn't have Rage of the Sleeper going (and that's with the bracers and pants, he does good damage).

I think the frequency at which our Battle Cry comes up with AM contributes to the issue, but it never occurred to me that Inspiring Presence generates a lot of threat. Raid healing isn't an issue in our group, tank healing has generally been the issue (I've had to point out to the healers that they need to preposition the bridge-breaking slam so I don't go 3 seconds without a heal, so stuff like that).

I know it's good healing to the raid, but rage generation may be more important depending on the group.

@Jjmackey did you get into situations where you didn't have shield wall back up in time for a slam because of it, if so then just external it? There were a few where I couldn't do enough without pulling threat to get my CDs back up

Yeah just looked him up, he has bracers and pants

- - - Updated - - -

He swapped to more dps orientated stuff and it was easier, still had times I had to stop, but a lot better.

However, the stacks we were gaining gsometimes seemed really erratic, there were times where we both had 6 and couldn't do anything about it. Is that common or something we messed up?
    Last edited by Chewtoy; 2017-02-09 at 08:33 PM.

However, the stacks we were gaining gsometimes seemed really erratic, there were times where we both had 6 and couldn't do anything about it. Is that common or something we messed up?
    That's definitely something you messed up. Stacks fall off at 3-5 in the earlier phases, and as early as 1-2 in the later phases. Never should you be on 6+.

anger management. this allows you to have demo shout up for each slam, which really trivializes the fight. i also went booming voice, because have a fresh 60 rage IP right before slam helped as well.

spell reflect burning pitch, it completely negates all the damage, so u can stand in a 2-3 soak area spell reflect and take no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Absolutely not. Your healers would hate you if you dropped IP.
    Healing hasnt generated threat on tanks since beginning of wod.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadmanfred View Post
    Healing hasnt generated threat on tanks since beginning of wod.
    Pretty sure he implies, that they would hate him because of all the trickling heal that would be missing, if he was to drop inspriing presense. He is not implying, that they would hate him because his healing generates threat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Pretty sure he implies, that they would hate him because of all the trickling heal that would be missing, if he was to drop inspriing presense. He is not implying, that they would hate him because his healing generates threat.
    Indeed. It's 50m+ healing that the healers don't have to do themselves, so there's no reason not to take it.