Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    we know even well imprisoned theyr roots spread (how the world tree in northrend got corrupted and the emerald nightmare was created)
    you kidding right?
    yogg could corrupt the tree because the trees roots grew into his prison.

if it wasnt for that he wouldnt be able to do shit with it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    you kidding right?
    yogg could corrupt the tree because the trees roots grew into his prison.
    eh either way, it woulda had to have been a mix cause i doudt its roots would go all the way to udluar
    i did forget about the trees roots :P
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-08 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    Uther: You are not my king yet, boy. Nor would I obey that command if you were!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    First of all, not only the War with the Lich King was a great menace to Azeroth. Deathwing was billed as an even a greater threat.

Also, the number you mention are not according to the new, terribly thought out time line by Blizzard I am afraid. I like them personally really. But for example the Campaign on the Black Temple lasting 3 months doesn't mean the whole Outland Campaign lasted 3 months, you know.

Also, like you mentioned I remember clearly that there is supposed to be a time jump between the end of WotLK & the beginning of Cata, yet now they happened toe to toe? Blizzard did this to keep Anduin as a boy and introduce a new miracle kid to the franchise because Med'an FAILED. Sometimes I wonder if they really think this shit through.
    Dude the Book of Illidan state the expedition forces from the alliance and the horde only had take 3 months or less to conquest the whole outland in during that period of time, vash and kael were defeated in 1 month and others new allies of illidan were also slain like Gruul and magtheridon was slayed with the rest of the fel horde of illidan and when a book had precisely mention of the time that had passed with those events, you can't say they are not canon and the game itself mention the coming of the illidan happens 10 years after the defeat of illidan in the black temple, between deathwing and arthas that was the major war from both the alliance and horde and were a gasp of time between those events, the same with the iron horde even for garrosh would had taken 1 year to unite and building the iron horde army

Would you prefer him being referred to as the manlet king? I'm cool with that

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's a boy or girl when next to Velen, even saurfang.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

remember how yog sarron even well imprisoned corrupted the northrend world tree, created the emerald nightmare, and how nzoth created the naga

the imprisonment of the old gods does not stop them from corrupting or from doing things, it just stops them from growing, they are like plants, they have a small bud, but their roots dig DEEP into the planet, and if that bud is allowed to grow well....
    that thing in the baxckground is a growing old god and wit hthe star auger fight we get to see a completly corrupted planet
    As stated before, the roots of the tree ended up in his prison which was the cause of all the corruption to it.

Every other tree that was planted worked until the nightmare took hold of the dragons protecting it.

Old God's are pretty much powerless when imprisoned compared to when they were not. When Azeroth was found it was covered in void. Think the Star Augur fight last planet shown that was covered with void, but without the planet sized tentacles coming out of it. Luckily the titans found her, defeated the old gods by killing Y'shaarj, finding out killing Old Gods was not a good idea because of it and realising imprisoning them was enough to halt and reverse the corruption. (Killing them in other ways being a bad idea confirmed by 2010 Blizzcon stating us killing C'thun and Yogg being the cause for the Cataclysm.)

Right now Azeroth is pretty much a planet with blue sky, clouds, perfect for life in the design of titans or their constructs to flourish. C'thun broke free but there seemed to be no void corruption coming from him at the time so it was likely it was only recently. Yogg was still imprisoned when killed though close to breaking out. Everything else seems to pinpoint, N'Zoth the weakest of the lot still imprisoned therefore unable to corrupt Azeroth.

It seems like you're still stuck in wanting the old gods to be something they are not and have been confirmed not to be since Chronicles. When in reality they are manipulating pawns who sole purpose is to corrupt a planet, which they are failing to do. You have quotes which are taken out of context to show how they are truthful, when in reality none of it truly is. C'thun was a liar, Yogg was a liar, Heart of Y'shaarj was a liar, Il'gynoth was a liar. There is frankly no need to listen to anything they say except for "Cried wolf much."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    As stated before, the roots of the tree ended up in his prison which was the cause of all the corruption to it.

Every other tree that was planted worked until the nightmare took hold of the dragons protecting it.

Old God's are pretty much powerless when imprisoned compared to when they were not. When Azeroth was found it was covered in void. Think the Star Augur fight last planet shown that was covered with void, but without the planet sized tentacles coming out of it. Luckily the titans found her, defeated the old gods by killing Y'shaarj, finding out killing Old Gods was not a good idea because of it and realising imprisoning them was enough to halt and reverse the corruption. (Killing them in other ways being a bad idea confirmed by 2010 Blizzcon stating us killing C'thun and Yogg being the cause for the Cataclysm.)

Right now Azeroth is pretty much a planet with blue sky, clouds, perfect for life in the design of titans or their constructs to flourish. C'thun broke free but there seemed to be no void corruption coming from him at the time so it was likely it was only recently. Yogg was still imprisoned when killed though close to breaking out. Everything else seems to pinpoint, N'Zoth the weakest of the lot still imprisoned therefore unable to corrupt Azeroth.

It seems like you're still stuck in wanting the old gods to be something they are not and have been confirmed not to be since Chronicles. When in reality they are manipulating pawns who sole purpose is to corrupt a planet, which they are failing to do. You have quotes which are taken out of context to show how they are truthful, when in reality none of it truly is. C'thun was a liar, Yogg was a liar, Heart of Y'shaarj was a liar, Il'gynoth was a liar. There is frankly no need to listen to anything they say except for "Cried wolf much."
    nzoth is still imprisoned but he was able to corrupt deathwing, and change the highborne under azshara into naga... i wouldent exactly call that powerless...

also where did you get this "yog and cthun started the cataclysm" im pretty sure that was deathwing... i would ask aquamonkey

also the issue with killing them was that "we cant rip them out of the planet" like amanthul did... if the titan constructs could imprison the old gods, why couldent they simply kill them, because again, the only reason the titans couldent kill them was cause the titans were so huge anything they did would cause damage to the planet itself, and its quite a long time from when cthun died for NOTHING to ever happen where is his and yogs wells?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-09 at 01:40 AM.

The boy king is not Anduin, it's Wrathion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyGuysHello View Post
    "Dragan II"

Who? That answers that theory about something too important for some obscure character.
    Ok I need to step in and correct this: The name of Moira's son is Fenran. The kid's not referenced by name in WoW so...yeah. I'm not blamig folks for not knowing the name of who's basically a minor character right now. It IS interesting Diamond Magni basically gave his grandson his blessing albiet indirectly after he woke up. He told the Council "I'm out, you got this" and specifically told Moira she did good in his absence.

Lorewise, he should be like 4 or 5. Maybe 6. We find out Moira is pregnant back in Vanilla after all. Seriously how old IS that kid? Could the Dwarves unite under Fenran as their king? Possibly.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Dude the Book of Illidan state the expedition forces from the alliance and the horde only had take 3 months or less to conquest the whole outland in during that period of time, vash and kael were defeated in 1 month and others new allies of illidan were also slain like Gruul and magtheridon was slayed with the rest of the fel horde of illidan and when a book had precisely mention of the time that had passed with those events, you can't say they are not canon and the game itself mention the coming of the illidan happens 10 years after the defeat of illidan in the black temple, between deathwing and arthas that was the major war from both the alliance and horde and were a gasp of time between those events, the same with the iron horde even for garrosh would had taken 1 year to unite and building the iron horde army
    - In pertain to the point of the whole Outland Campaign taking 3 months, you seem to have misunderstanding my whole point. My whole point is... that IS my problem. It should NOT be that short, period. That would not only undermine the importance of the campaign, but also would create a gab between your ingame experience and actual lore. Blizzrard is shoving 2 years of content into 3 months of real time is simply laughable and unacceptable.

- The game never said anything about 10 years as far as I know. It only says "years ago" when you start the Illidari questing experience. Can you show me where it says 10 years please? I want to see. Also, if 10 years has passed, Anduin would be around 20 or 21 now, which simply isn't true as it is mentioned he is being 16.

- This time line disagrees with you about 10 years passing anyway:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

While an unofficial timeline, it cites the references of where they got the year numbers from. It says clearly that Outland happens in year 26, and Legion in year 32, so that is 6 years and not 10 years. I want it to be 10 years myself, but it simply isn't. You can refer to the citations in the article as to where those year numbers come from.

tl;dr -- While I like the idea of the campaigns and over all everything taking longer periods of time because that makes much more sense, however unfortunately Blizzard is too disconnected from their own reality that they created and don't know what they are doing with the time line anymore. They keep contradicting themselves at every turn.

Of course he is not. The boy king is Tutankhamun.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    - In pertain to the point of the whole Outland Campaign taking 3 months, you seem to have misunderstanding my whole point. My whole point is... that IS my problem. It should NOT be that short, period. That would not only undermine the importance of the campaign, but also would create a gab between your ingame experience and actual lore. Blizzrard is shoving 2 years of content into 3 months of real time is simply laughable and unacceptable.
    So far the most dangerous thing that happen in the whole burning crusade was the assault in the sunwell by kil'jaeden forces, with illidan fighting the legion it make sense he don't send forces to counter attack the expedition forces while he is trying to make a portal to Argus unlike the scourge, legion or the iron horde which they reply your attacks in some base of the horde or the alliance like the garrison, hellscream hold, many bases near of icecrown, the halls which most of them are attacked by the legion in some point in the campaign or you had to deal with them by trying to rescue some dudes from your orden like the rogues and warlocks do

- The game never said anything about 10 years as far as I know. It only says "years ago" when you start the Illidari questing experience. Can you show me where it says 10 years please? I want to see. Also, if 10 years has passed, Anduin would be around 20 or 21 now, which simply isn't true as it is mentioned he is being 16.
    Afrasiabi mention 10 years had passed between the black temple defeat and the 3 return of the legion in the presentation event of the expansion, I think the battlelord of the broken mention that 10 years had passed when you back again
    - This time line disagrees with you about 10 years passing anyway:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

While an unofficial timeline, it cites the references of where they got the year numbers from. It says clearly that Outland happens in year 26, and Legion in year 32, so that is 6 years and not 10 years. I want it to be 10 years myself, but it simply isn't. You can refer to the citations in the article as to where those year numbers come from.

tl;dr -- While I like the idea of the campaigns and over all everything taking longer periods of time because that makes much more sense, however unfortunately Blizzard is too disconnected from their own reality that they created and don't know what they are doing with the time line anymore. They keep contradicting themselves at every turn.
    A unofficial timeline had the same canon as fanfiction, so far this was the most recent timeline which is from of blizzard is this:http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(U..._Visual_Guide)

Also Anduin had already 15 years in the year 30 which happen in mop and so far the iron horde and the return of gul'dan had at least 2 years, so he must be at 18-19 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Why couldnt the boy king, be Wrathion, King of the Black Dragon Flight?
    Its not a "king", it would be an aspect. But the aspect of earth now is Thrall, aka green jesus.

Also... king of 2? only 2 black dragons are left: him and Ebonhorn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Ok I need to step in and correct this: The name of Moira's son is Fenran. The kid's not referenced by name in WoW so...yeah. I'm not blamig folks for not knowing the name of who's basically a minor character right now. It IS interesting Diamond Magni basically gave his grandson his blessing albiet indirectly after he woke up. He told the Council "I'm out, you got this" and specifically told Moira she did good in his absence.

Lorewise, he should be like 4 or 5. Maybe 6. We find out Moira is pregnant back in Vanilla after all. Seriously how old IS that kid? Could the Dwarves unite under Fenran as their king? Possibly.
    Nope, his name is Dagran II, as stated in The Shattering book, so as the Ultimate Visual Guide.

He should also be around 6, as he was a toddler in Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    Its not a "king", it would be an aspect. But the aspect of earth now is Thrall, aka green jesus.
    Why do they refer to him as the Black prince if for some reason he wont also refer to himself as the King?

also Thrall was only the earthwarder during the events of Cataclysm, and the aspects lost there power after the destruction of Deathwing, so Thrall no longer has the power he once did, he only held earthwarder as an honorary title with Temporary power.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Thrall was never the Aspect of Earth or the Earthwarder. In "Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects" he was only a proverbial penny in the circuit breaker that permitted the other 4 Aspects to act as one again to finally put an end to Chromatus. He stood in for the Earthwarder in the ritual that reunited the Aspects, but he could not act as the Aspect of Earth nor did he grant Neltharion's original power-set to the assembled four Aspects for their attack on Chromatus.

He may have been the Earthwarder very briefly when Neltharion granted him the mantle as a form of torture - but I doubt that really counts and certainly didn't carry on once Thrall was rescued from his dream/trance of bring imprisoned in the deep places of Azeroth.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I thought this was the only reason why he could channel the Dragon Soul, the fact that Neltharion gave him the mantle momentarily
    He could serve in the capacity that he did because he was the World Shaman, chosen by Azeroth itself as a guardian. I don't remember any of the Aspects referring to his brief experience with Neltharion - I don't think Neltharion even made him the Earthwarden in that particular interlude, he just afflicted him with the proverbial weight of the world that Neltharion had to carry when he was.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    He could serve in the capacity that he did because he was the World Shaman, chosen by Azeroth itself as a guardian. I don't remember any of the Aspects referring to his brief experience with Neltharion - I don't think Neltharion even made him the Earthwarden in that particular interlude, he just afflicted him with the proverbial weight of the world that Neltharion had to carry when he was.
    He WAS the earthwarden, acted as such and, until he is replaced, he will mantain the role (of green jezuz). Thats why the dragons stated that it was the "dawning of the age of mortals" and such. Even more with the demise of Deathwing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Why do they refer to him as the Black prince if for some reason he wont also refer to himself as the King?

also Thrall was only the earthwarder during the events of Cataclysm, and the aspects lost there power after the destruction of Deathwing, so Thrall no longer has the power he once did, he only held earthwarder as an honorary title with Temporary power.
    Well, surelly Deathwing wasnt a king on any shorts. So... no, he is no royalty, nor king.

He WAS the earthwarden, acted as such and, until he is replaced, he will mantain the role (of green jezuz). Thats why the dragons stated that it was the "dawning of the age of mortals" and such. Even more with the demise of Deathwing.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, surelly Deathwing wasnt a king on any shorts. So... no, he is no royalty, nor king.
    all during the campaign of MOP he was referred to as the black prince, so then in turn why couldnt blizz spin things and make him the boy king???
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thrall is not now nor was he ever an Aspect, much less the Aspect of Earth - unless you mean to claim he's the closest mortal equivalent or somesuch. He is Azeroth's most powerful Shaman (or was before the events of Legion) but that is a pretty far cry from the power that Deathwing once possessed.