Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    As a healer, it's totally fine. But I think it could use something else to really differentiate it amongst the other healers. They can all put out enough healing, but the Astrologian and Scholar have other unique tools to offer, where the White Mage doesn't have anything other jobs can't bring.
    It has things that make it unique, namely all the CC options...Holy (the only AoE stun in the game), Fluid Aura, Sleep (sadly I forget it's real name). Problem with all those is they are relative non-factors when it comes to raids. AST can cover the same sort of healing as WHM via Diurnal Sect and have all those tasty cards to toss around. Meanwhile, the fairy co-healer does it's thing while it's SCH minion continues to dps.

Well, a little bit of TP is better than no TP!
    It's 150 TP over 15 seconds, it's actually not helping them a lot, it basically makes natural TP regeneration go from 30 to 40 TP regeneration every 3 seconds. If your decision was to give TP to someone or re draw or RR you would pick the later because it's just that awful

now if it was 30 seconds like every other fucking card then it might be worth a damn but when do the stars align that you would have RR an arrow or snowflake and you draw a spire? I've never actually done it on purpose or accident
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Don't really see how that diversity's WHM's skill set. Throw them both up because they'd be pretty much free healing just like Regen. Doesn't make WHM sound any different than it is now.
    Sorry, I ment to say I'd have limited them to one per White Mage, and perhaps also have them be instant cast. I wasn't looking to completely change the White Mage, just give them a couple of skills that are uniquely their own, while at the same time keeping them easy to pick up. Hard to come up with something interesting and fun when you put me on the spot like that .

I just got back into the game on the PS4 and it's pretty fun still. I tried it when it first launched off and on as a Dragoon though and I just loved the aesthetics of the Dragoon. Plus the rotation is pretty fun! I mean, it is a lot, but I always felt super rewarded when I nailed it.

Right now just leveling again on my 1st week. lvl 24 Lancer!! I shall be a Dragoon once more!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's 150 TP over 15 seconds
    Pretty sure it was buffed in Patch 3.2 from 150 to 200.

Sorry, I ment to say I'd have limited them to one per White Mage, and perhaps also have them be instant cast. I wasn't looking to completely change the White Mage, just give them a couple of skills that are uniquely their own, while at the same time keeping them easy to pick up. Hard to come up with something interesting and fun when you put me on the spot like that .
    Imo white mage is uniquely fine but the problem is AST steps over it's toes for no real reason. I think the card system was enough to give AST it's own flair so why did they need the sects? To fill in where a wht or sch was not? Then what does that say about future healer jobs? Adding a regen or shield stance to AST was really just unnecessary

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Pretty sure it was buffed in Patch 3.2 from 150 to 200.
    People need to update the wiki

THIS IS UNACCEPTAHBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's still not good though, lasting 15 seconds is what's holding it back. Did they ever explain why? Like how is 400 TP too powerful compared to a 20% damage boost?!?!

15+ Year Old Account
    It's 150 TP over 15 seconds, it's actually not helping them a lot, it basically makes natural TP regeneration go from 30 to 40 TP regeneration every 3 seconds. If your decision was to give TP to someone or re draw or RR you would pick the later because it's just that awful

now if it was 30 seconds like every other fucking card then it might be worth a damn but when do the stars align that you would have RR an arrow or snowflake and you draw a spire? I've never actually done it on purpose or accident
    It still better than them having 0 tp, and hopefully gives them something until tp restore is available. Giving an already starving tp user an arrow isn't going to help them. I actually have had a few times where I already had a extended RR, and I've drawn spire (mind you first card) and gave it to a newly ress'd/starving tp user. If you're in a group with mostly tp users and they're all hurting/getting low on TP then sometimes giving them spire is an ok choice. Shouldn't completely dismiss giving tp users spire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    It still better than them having 0 tp, and hopefully gives them something until tp restore is available. Giving an already starving tp user an arrow isn't going to help them. I actually have had a few times where I already had a extended RR, and I've drawn spire (mind you first card) and gave it to a newly ress'd/starving tp user. If you're in a group with mostly tp users and they're all hurting/getting low on TP then sometimes giving them spire is an ok choice. Shouldn't completely dismiss giving tp users spire.
    I give them spire if that's what I got, but a 20% damage boost would trump a pitiful increase of natural TP regeneration. Maybe if it was 30 seconds or it instantly gave 200 TP but if it just increases their natural TP regen by 13 then naaaah, they still have to wait for it to come up

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still not good though, lasting 15 seconds is what's holding it back. Did they ever explain why? Like how is 400 TP too powerful compared to a 20% damage boost?!?!
    Eh.. at least Spire and Ewer are now better than they were originally in launch.

"Reduces TP cost of target's weaponskills by 20%."
    "Reduces MP cost of target's spells by 10%."

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Eh.. at least Spire and Ewer are now better than they were originally in launch.

"Reduces TP cost of target's weaponskills by 20%."
    "Reduces MP cost of target's spells by 10%."
    oh lord

true

but the problem is half are cards are shit and the other half are way too good. Spear is only good for NIN unless you can communicate with a MCH before using it and that MCH has all his CDs up, other wise every other person will hate you for disrupting their "flow" and spire and ewers RR effect is just well too good, getting an aoe effect for your next card pretty much out weighs giving them to one person. If it was instant mana or TP I feel like it could be different.

Imo white mage is uniquely fine but the problem is AST steps over it's toes for no real reason. I think the card system was enough to give AST it's own flair so why did they need the sects? To fill in where a wht or sch was not? Then what does that say about future healer jobs? Adding a regen or shield stance to AST was really just unnecessary
    I agree the Astrologian has a lot going for it with it's cards. The Scholar has a lot going for it with their pets, their preventative approach to healing and free time to contribute towards your groups damage. The White Mage has healing and... Well, that's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    It has things that make it unique, namely all the CC options
    When it comes to CC, the Black Mage's sleep spell is much better since it's AoE. Other jobs also have knockbacks and stuns too, so they're not really something White Mages have exclusive access to. As you say, CC in general is somewhat useless in PvE environments. It's rather more useful in PvP of course, but I've not done enough of it to really say if it's enough to make White Mages stand out.

15+ Year Old Account
    oh lord

true

but the problem is half are cards are shit and the other half are way too good. Spear is only good for NIN unless you can communicate with a MCH before using it and that MCH has all his CDs up, other wise every other person will hate you for disrupting their "flow" and spire and ewers RR effect is just well too good, getting an aoe effect for your next card pretty much out weighs giving them to one person. If it was instant mana or TP I feel like it could be different.
    In 8 mans, yes AOE RR is better. But in 4mans, no. Extended/Enhanced + Time dilated is superior. Especially if there's a big difference in dmg between the two dps. Usually there isn't -that- big a difference, but its still better to give the higher dps an extended balance at max potency than giving both a half potency balance.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2017-02-09 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so does anyone have an easy way to use ground targeted spells on a ps4 controller? The cursor just moves slow even after giving it max speed under settings. I'd rather just cast it under a person If I have them targeted and if not targeted have the cursor appear.
    I kind of just get used to it. After a while you actually kind of know where the circle will be when it's not even out so you just already have it where you want it to be before you had to cast it. Do note I control the target with the camera, not the actual circle cause that didn't exist back then.

Deleted
    10min on dzmael endboss - join if you are DPS :P sorry but this is a drama on it's one EU here

so does anyone have an easy way to use ground targeted spells on a ps4 controller? The cursor just moves slow even after giving it max speed under settings. I'd rather just cast it under a person If I have them targeted and if not targeted have the cursor appear.
    You can use a macro to just drop a ground target.

/micon "ability name"
    /ac "ability name" <x>

replace <x> with:
    <t> if you want to drop it on your current target
    <f> for focus target
    <me> to drop it on yourself

You can also use <mo> for mouseover functionality, but I doubt you need that with a controller.
    Last edited by Scufflegrit; 2017-02-10 at 03:07 AM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the Astrologian has a lot going for it with it's cards. The Scholar has a lot going for it with their pets, their preventative approach to healing and free time to contribute towards your groups damage. The White Mage has healing and... Well, that's pretty much it.

When it comes to CC, the Black Mage's sleep spell is much better since it's AoE. Other jobs also have knockbacks and stuns too, so they're not really something White Mages have exclusive access to. As you say, CC in general is somewhat useless in PvE environments. It's rather more useful in PvP of course, but I've not done enough of it to really say if it's enough to make White Mages stand out.
    The WHM is the PLD of healers the basic core job role not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    But the Paladin at least has skills like Cover and Divine Veil which gives them a couple of interesting utility skills not availible to other tanks. The job itself may be basic by design, but that doesn't mean it can't have it's own unique skills.

The White Mage on the other hand has nothing that others can't bring. It can still be a very basic class to play, but giving it a couple of unique tools is going to help differentiate them from other healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    pretty much, both where pretty much a 3 button class outside cooldowns to level. SCH/AST and WAR/DRK are so much more fun to play. WHM feels like going back to wow and playing whack a mole with the ole 'big heal little heal' set up and i went shadow back then for a good reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh i'm trying to learn how to Tank, on a DRK, wonder if it would be better to go PLD first for being easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Heh i'm trying to learn how to Tank, on a DRK, wonder if it would be better to go PLD first for being easier.
    God no, its mind numbingly boring. DRK tanking is just playing like a dps and holding aggro with easy spells like unleashed. PLD is a waltz at the local retirment home. 1...2...3.....1....2....3... it is the only job i would say you suffer to level and i am including miner and botanist in this.