Thread: Clicker Heroes

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gah, couple of weeks and I'll be sitting at a year played... What have I done with my life...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm at 369 days since first click if that makes you feel any better
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it does. For some reason...

Do you guys Ascend regularly to get constant small amounts of Souls, or do you go for deep dives and wait till you're sitting on huge stockpiles before ascending?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

I usually run until I don't have enough gold to level up my current gilded hero even one level, and I fail the boss bottle. Depending on my luck with treasure chests/10x gold, this usually takes a couple hours, and gets me within 50 zones of my HZE. That's on my main account. The account I have running on my work laptop I usually try for really deep runs, sometimes going a few weeks idling for enough gold to pass a boss. The earlier method is by far the more efficient.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Anyone playing this on mobile? I played a generic version last year for a short bit then saw a markipliee vid on this and started up a while back. Have a clan but most of the member don't break a few hundred so raid mobs are getting impossible to solo. Clan is marshmallows (iOS if it matters). If it's full by their standards, send a pm and I'll kick an inactive and add. My hze is 3069 and today's raid is level 36 that probably won't be downed.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Anyone playing this on mobile? I played a generic version last year for a short bit then saw a markipliee vid on this and started up a while back. Have a clan but most of the member don't break a few hundred so raid mobs are getting impossible to solo. Clan is marshmallows (iOS if it matters). If it's full by their standards, send a pm and I'll kick an inactive and add. My hze is 3069 and today's raid is level 36 that probably won't be downed.
    Just tried to join and Yup, you're full . Kick a rando and Add I'll try again.

I feel a bit bad... There is an official MMO-C guild and I have no chars in there, but for one reason or another I can't access those accounts anymore, but they're still in the guild.

Hey I just started this game. Well...I downloaded it a month ago but I just started playing. I'm on area 57, which is evidently kinda new. @icedwarrior had to explain to me what quests and ancient souls and rubies and other stuff were, and transcendentals. And it still makes zero sense because there's absolutely zero explanation in this game.

BUT I see a clan tab so can someone let me join their clan? I hovered over the ? button and it seems like it'll help me level up?

Who has a clan they can let me join?

Wait... how are their clans for this game? Or guides... or videos... or any kind of forum thread about it. It's a mindless afk clicker game with 0 gameplay. Wat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Who has a clan they can let me join?
    I'd search for the clan "Marshmellows" There's a few MMO-C faithfuls in there. @zeropeorth is the leader, so he can kick a rando to make space for you.

I haven't played in a long time. Had an issue with a game export being corrupted and that wiped my whole progress.

I was so far along that I wasn't going to start again after the Thanksgiving event.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I take it I should play this on steam? Whats the TLDR of this thread? Game seems simple enough.

Why do some people play this? Because a brain is not required to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'd search for the clan "Marshmellows" There's a few MMO-C faithfuls in there. @zeropeorth is the leader, so he can kick a rando to make space for you.
    Thanks, I sent the request. I'll see if he accepts any time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly are these "Transcendent Power" things? It says I'll lose my ancients; I have millions and millions of souls in my ancients. What is the point of losing them?

Transcendent Powers basically speed up your game and allow you to progress further.
    Some of them speed up your early runs / first game after reset, others (drastically!) increase your soul gains and affect endgame portion of each reset.
    It all sounds daunting but is absolutely worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What exactly are these "Transcendent Power" things? It says I'll lose my ancients; I have millions and millions of souls in my ancients. What is the point of losing them?
    The easiest way to see it, is just a super-ascension.
    Before Transcension: Progress - ascend - progress - ascend - and so on
    Now it's: Progress - ascend - etc for a few times - transcend - and again from the beginning, only faster and with more sould gained.
    To "force" you to transcend, there is a cap on the extra souls gained from transcendent power. I.e. you gain normal souls from the bosses + those of transcendent power, and at some point the latter won't give more than a certain value. Since the vast majority of the souls comes from that, transcending and thus increasing the cap and getting ancient souls (like souls, but can be invested in new Ancients, called Outsiders) is much more effective.

Transcendent Power directly is an additive amount to the constant in the exponential curve which describes how many souls are gained from a boss in a level, afaik. I.e. it's the first time in the game where you can actually let the exponential curve of a gain increase stronger, so the cap was needed to not "outpace" the limiting factors in the game at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just tried the transcedent. Can't say I was happy to lose all my heroes, gilds, and ancients but we'll see how it works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I just tried the transcedent. Can't say I was happy to lose all my heroes, gilds, and ancients but we'll see how it works out.
    I was the same, put it off way longer than I should. However, it REALLY helps out, I now get like 30k here souls from low level bosses, and the Dps/Gold when idle ancients are 3000% stronger. The first transcend can be tricky, but honestly after a couple it'll take you MAYBE a day to get back up to speed.

Also, one thing that really worked for me: Invest in 2/3 Auto Clickers. They make the early pre-ancient stages of Transcend WAY easier, and even after that they make Raid Boss clicking insane. (just remember to click them off after the boss fight ends, but BEFORE you revert to normal play, so as not to interupt Idle bonus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I was the same, put it off way longer than I should. However, it REALLY helps out, I now get like 30k here souls from low level bosses, and the Dps/Gold when idle ancients are 3000% stronger. The first transcend can be tricky, but honestly after a couple it'll take you MAYBE a day to get back up to speed.

Also, one thing that really worked for me: Invest in 2/3 Auto Clickers. They make the early pre-ancient stages of Transcend WAY easier, and even after that they make Raid Boss clicking insane. (just remember to click them off after the boss fight ends, but BEFORE you revert to normal play, so as not to interupt Idle bonus)
    Don't forget they too have their own ancient that increase idle gold drops for every auto clicker not in use. I somehow managed to miss that for ages.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Don't forget they too have their own ancient that increase idle gold drops for every auto clicker not in use. I somehow managed to miss that for ages.
    Oh believe me, I'm not forgetting that! It almost outdoes the Idle Gold ancient for me these days... But that's another fringe benefit, the main reason I encourage people to get 2/3 clickers is to smooth out the initial "Aaaannnddd I'm back to square one" feeling you get from Ascending.