Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Should armor durability be removed from the game?

Hello champions of Tyria! Good to see you.

I've been thinking: As a thief (and not a good one ), I often see myself repairing my armor. What does durability add to the game? Maybe it's nitpicking, but it is annoying having to run to an anvil every 20 minutes. And repair costs are free now, so...what is even the point?

Maybe I'm wrong! What is your opinion on this?
    Last edited by Lotus Victoria; 2017-02-05 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Bad engrish

Deleted
    Totally pointless, should have never made it into the game.

When they removed the repair cost for repairing gear, I scratched my head because they may as well have just removed the whole durability/repair concept altogether. I suppose it's to "prevent" death zerging in dungeons or somesuch thing, but even that falls flat on it's face since most dungeons (that I recall running in this game) have a repair anvil right at the start.

Yeah, completely pointless and more of an annoyance at this stage in the game.

bestdeagleworld.com

Durability was meant to be the more friendly replacement for GW1's resurrection penalty. Basically, it's a system to prevent you from completing content by rez zerging it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    Durability was meant to be the more friendly replacement for GW1's resurrection penalty. Basically, it's a system to prevent you from completing content by rez zerging it.
    Except it doesn't actually prevent rez zerging in the open world, and raid bosses are hard locked anyways, thus rendering the entire system redundant and obstructive.