Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They get things done that are not destructive.
    No, they act too slow, too weak, too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Or in the case of the US and the ACA, accomplishes neither.
    Indeed, because you didn't have compromise in the solution - basically designed a system for one side, then deleted some bits to make it work for noone.

Compromise in health care is a DUAL system, both baseline universal + private insured.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    American politics as a whole have shifted really far to the right. A moderate now is basically what Republicans were before the Tea Party.
    Based on what views and issues are you making that statement? The media moves the goalposts constantly to try and define what is left and right to keep people in that gridlock mindset. People have not changed that much. Its just that the media has tried to make it more and more important for people to define themselves as conservative or liberal which is why so many people are just rejecting it altogether and registering as ind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, because you didn't have compromise in the solution - basically designed a system for one side, then deleted some bits to make it work for noone.

Compromise in health care is a DUAL system, both baseline universal + private insured.
    But you imply that universal healthcare is a moderate position. I don't believe that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post
    No, they act too slow, too weak, too little.
    Nah - that's the lefties... lefties are trying to get 100% solutions, and achieve little.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

They get things done that are not destructive. Extreme lefties will let the world rot trying to make everything perfect, extreme righties will destroy everyone in their path to try and make everything perfect.

Moderates realise that the real world, things aren't perfect - but you can certainly go a long way with a bit of rational thought.
    There are more than 3 types of political views. There a mixture of policy preferences that both sides hold that are what experts expect to hold the best results.

All economists think ending agricultural subsidies would be a good thing but Democrats don't, All climatologists think global warming is real but Republicans don't.

Deleted
    Nah - that's the lefties... lefties are trying to get 100% solutions, and achieve little.
    Nope. We had a centre-right government here from 2006-2014 and it took them ages to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    But you imply that universal healthcare is a moderate position. It's not.
    I'm saying that the solution to the issue is a moderate solution... I'm aware that respect for human life isn't a moderate position in the US, but the fact is a moderate position is one that can respect free enterprise, respect life AND save a trillion a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. We had a centre-right government here from 2006-2014 and it took them ages to get things done.
    You mean how they couldn't even appoint a supreme court judge within a year... yeah, them slackers

Blah, blah, blah "I'm an independent voter"TM

Yeah that's true.

Deleted
    You mean how they couldn't even appoint a supreme court judge within a year... yeah, them slackers
    What are you talking about?

Kinda hard to really quantify that at this point for many. As an older man (35 years old) a 2010 Democrat is a 1990's Republican by many aspects and the modern Republican feel like cartoon villain parodies of their former selves.

What we call extreme-leftists now is literally nothing but a centrist and we claim they will destroy stuff or are pie-in-the-sky idealists and such and instead should just choose between different levels of right leaning candidates.

If this nation had an actual extreme leftist run, he would probably been given even less coverage than Bernie Sanders and heads would explode worse than when Trump got elected if he won.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying that the solution to the issue is a moderate solution... I'm aware that respect for human life isn't a moderate position in the US, but the fact is a moderate position is one that can respect free enterprise, respect life AND save a trillion a year.
    I find the moderate system was what the US had pre-ACA. We had Medicare/Medicaid as a safety net for the truly needy. ER's at hospitals cannot refuse service. Otherwise you're on your own.

Good healthcare is expensive. Extending our mortal lives has never been cheap. All the debate is about who writes the checks.
    Last edited by Flutterguy; 2017-02-10 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Based on what views and issues are you making that statement? The media moves the goalposts constantly to try and define what is left and right to keep people in that gridlock mindset. People have not changed that much. Its just that the media has tried to make it more and more important for people to define themselves as conservative or liberal which is why so many people are just rejecting it altogether and registering as ind.
    Based on most other developed countries. For example; Democrats couldn't even decide what to do with healthcare during Obama's first 2 years while most other nations just have universal healthcare. Democrats are clearly to the right compared to other nations. Republicans are even further right in comparison.

I find the moderate system was what the US had pre-ACA.
    What you find is incorrect, as it denied life to US citizens.

Moderates don't go for letting people die without some effort, lefties want to save everyone, righties want to save noone.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you talking about?
    You just woke up from a coma I guess

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, but what would be a moderate position?
    I think he means more of a bi-partisan stance. ie: fiscally conservative & socially liberal.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    No, I have no idea what you're even talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    I think he means more of a bi-partisan stance. ie: fiscally conservative & socially liberal.
    That's called being a libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Based on most other developed countries. For example; Democrats couldn't even decide what to do with healthcare during Obama's first 2 years while most other nations just have universal healthcare. Democrats are clearly to the right compared to other nations. Republicans are even further right in comparison.
    Ask yourself why that is. Its in large part due to the influence of the medical/pharmaceutical lobby which enjoys having Americans pay 3x more than people do in those other countries with nationalized medical care. Money runs our gov't. Its not about politics, its entirely about profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you find is incorrect, as it denied life to US citizens.

Moderates don't go for letting people die without some effort, lefties want to save everyone, righties want to save noone.

- - - Updated - - -

Denied life? Fucking lol. So because I don't think the government should pay for a boob job, I'm denying life for someone?