Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

no embers in 7.2

Damm made me a little sad today. Probably also because of the pvp legendary ring i looted give me the belt !

We're planning to have relatively minimal changes to core class design in 7.2. This is for two primary reasons:

The 7.2 changes and additions to Artifact Traits will have a lot of impact on classes, and so we'd like to keep core functionality relatively stable
    We just made a very significant amount of changes to most specs in 7.1.5, and don't want to pile another heap of changes on the community just yet.
    An other question , why would er be need of class core change in 7.2.5 ?? Doesn't 7.2 gives us the last raid ?
    Last edited by mmocb8215096a5; 2017-02-10 at 08:11 AM.

RIP destro. I am sure I heard Ion during a livestream saying that they will make major mechanic changes to warlocks in 7.2, I guess that was a lie to calm the warlock community.
    Getting closer and closer to unsubbing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if that still holds true seeing what they did to Soulsnatcher on PTR...

I'll just leave it at that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm not sure if that still holds true seeing what they did to Soulsnatcher on PTR...

I'll just leave it at that.
    What did they do to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    What did they do to it?
    According to Wowhead's Artifact calculator: "Chaos Bolt has a 5% chance to refund 5 Soul Shard"

Source

No idea if it's accurate datamining.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    According to Wowhead's Artifact calculator: "Chaos Bolt has a 5% chance to refund 5 Soul Shard"

Source

If you put 3 points into it in the calculator it becomes "Chaos Bolt has a 15% chance to refund 15 Soul Shards"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post

Source

ok that would actually be awfull and funny at the same time, imagine godlike rng being capped at 5 shards constantly lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    ok that would actually be awfull and funny at the same time, imagine godlike rng being capped at 5 shards constantly lol
    But what if Destruction would have 40 soul shards cap instead and Chaos Bolt would cost 10 soul shards...

Does not remind you anything?

Deleted
    O didn't knew or saw something changing about soulsnatcher.

one can hope and hope for the right legendary

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    RIP destro. I am sure I heard Ion during a livestream saying that they will make major mechanic changes to warlocks in 7.2, I guess that was a lie to calm the warlock community.
    Getting closer and closer to unsubbing.
    They said "in a later patch" and a lot of locks assumed 7.2 . . . never assume anything with Ion, he was a lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobboz View Post
    If you put 3 points into it in the calculator it becomes "Chaos Bolt has a 15% chance to refund 15 Soul Shards"
    The idea or notion of this has me laughing my ass off. To think this is what would be the rotation

Prepot
    Immo
    Conflag
    Chaosbolt - > instant 5 shards
    chaos bolt --> 5 shards
    chaos bolt
    chaos bolt --> 5 shards
    chaos bolt
    chaos bolt --> 5 shards
    immo
    conflag
    repeat

No need for incinerate!

Deleted
    I said it months ago.

There will be no big overhauls in LEGION. What people are hoping for is expansion level stuff. Maybe with 8.0

And soulsnatcher is a bug on PTR

Enjoy or reroll , by Blizzard

Deleted
    I do think that this is the direction that this so-called "overhaul" is going to be:
    1) Multiply soulshards you can have by 10
    2) Multiply all sources of soul shard generation by 5.
    3) Rename soulshards to embers

Problem solved. Warlocks are now balanced because they have embers back...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    I do think that this is the direction that this so-called "overhaul" is going to be:
    1) Multiply soulshards you can have by 10
    2) Multiply all sources of soul shard generation by 5.
    3) Rename soulshards to embers

Problem solved. Warlocks are now balanced because they have embers back...
    Well you just divided our resource generation by 2. You would indeed do a good dev.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuwiel View Post
    Well you just divided our resource generation by 2. You would indeed do a good dev.
    Well, technically I didn't. But will do that now:
    2b) Multiply all soulshard costs by 10

You do realize that this was the point of this thread: A cosmetic change to embers WILL be used by the devs to do balancing that is NOT in our favor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    But what if Destruction would have 40 soul shards cap instead and Chaos Bolt would cost 10 soul shards...

Does not remind you anything?
    oh it does, but still everyone should be smart enough to know this is a datamining issue.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfke View Post
    An other question , why would er be need of class core change in 7.2.5 ?? Doesn't 7.2 gives us the last raid ?
    I believe in 7.3 we head to Argus. That could be a lot of new content if we have an entire new world to explore. In theory that should give us plenty of time to enjoy (or bitch about) the "improvements" made to Destro in 7.2.5
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I just unsubbed before 7.1.0 even.
    When they aknowledge that warlocks are underperforming, then nerf them even more its just a sure sign developers don't have a clue anymore. Fuck blizzard for destroying locks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Well, technically I didn't. But will do that now:
    2b) Multiply all soulshard costs by 10

You do realize that this was the point of this thread: A cosmetic change to embers WILL be used by the devs to do balancing that is NOT in our favor.
    Why not in our favor. Not that we are totaly trash but nighthold raid isn't rly friendly for destro.

I think (atleast i do) that destro locks just want a steady and in control ember regeneration. Not a rng regeneration with a rng mastery..
    Last edited by mmocb8215096a5; 2017-02-10 at 02:04 PM.