Quote Originally Posted by Dvaldin View Post
    It's strange nothing seemed to have impacted the Russian dude at all if he read the whole Darkhold. Didn't it freak everybody else out once they opened it?
    I don't think he read the whole Darkhold. He said he'd read it last night, mostly for shock value, then admitted he'd only looked inside briefly only to discover that Radcliffe was the one who needed to implement it.

I get the impression that the Darkhold can't make a genius out of a moron, and can't teach a car mechanic how to be a brain surgeon; it needs somebody reading it who has enough of a background to be able to understand what it's telling them. Anton probably opened the book, the Darkhold sensed what he wanted, and then displayed Russian text telling him exactly how to make it happen: "Let Radcliffe read me."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Surely he could program a 'no-harm' directive into her (like May) or limit her strength. Not cool, I know, but she'd be 'alive'.
    A copy of her would be alive and probably existentially miserable, knowing that the real Agnes was dead, and there was nothing she could do about it due to the limits Radcliffe programmed into her, maybe not even being able to trust anything she believes to be true, since what else might Radcliffe have changed when making the copy? As it is now, the copy of Agnes believes itself to be the real one, and believes Radcliffe cured her and she's now living out her full life... until someone powers off the Matrix or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Oh, Radcliffe. Someone needs to tell him that making a copy of someone's mind and then killing the original isn't the same as granting the original immortality.
    I HATE this trope soooooooo much. Any character that thinks this is a good idea should be punched in the face.

Grey area but I don't think they're gonna have a philosophical debate about it. The issue is polarizing. Shield just threw them in the fire. Radcliffe considers them 'alive' cause of the 'light brain' and Darkhold 'ultimate knowledge'.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-09 at 12:00 AM.

I don't get it, why not upload her into Aida 2.0's body? Or, he wants to do that later and Aida will object...
    She didn't seem keen on the idea when she confronted him.

The russian is a cartoon villain at this point... so evil that the Darkhold doesn't really do anything to him. And ambushing Shield when they had no 'marine' support, what the hell.
    Maybe he's too "stupid" (or limited in vision) for the Darkhold to affect. Those effected so far were all scientists and androids and such.

Grey area but I don't think they're gonna have a philosophical debate about it. The issue is polarizing. Shield just threw them in the fire. Radcliffe considers them 'alive' cause of the 'light brain' and Darkhold 'ultimate knowledge'.
    I think the underlying assumption is that the Darkhold-based "Immortality" is a real transfer. Yes we can argue philosophy and consciousness until our eyes bleed, but it doesn't change the fact that Magic is involved.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who didn't realize Shockley became Nitro? That's huge! Hope they don't kill him off like all the minor bad guys every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Slitharion View Post
    Am I the only one who didn't realize Shockley became Nitro? That's huge! Hope they don't kill him off like all the minor bad guys every season.
    He'll probably end up going the way of professor Hall and Quinn from season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I think the underlying assumption is that the Darkhold-based "Immortality" is a real transfer. Yes we can argue philosophy and consciousness until our eyes bleed, but it doesn't change the fact that Magic is involved.
    Not sure that follows - the book being able to 'magically' provide knowledge doesn't mean that the feats you're pulling off with it are actually Magic(tm). The people it is inspiring are still using real-world physical objects to build real-world technological constructs in order to produce their desired results. Even the Molecule Man wannabe wasn't magically conjuring matter out of thin air; he was transporting it from other dimensions (presumably via wormholes).

That said, it's entirely possible that the Darkhold could prove a technological solution for true transfer of consciousness. However, I'm having doubts that the Framework is actually that. The VR headset they put on Agnes seemed to just be backing up her memories, just like when it was reading Agent Koenig's mind, but that could just be a matter of not updating the UI when they added new features. I was going to argue that May being in the Framework was proof that it only copied minds, but May hasn't actually been 'uploaded' into the Framework the way Agnes was; she's connected to it while still inhabiting her physical body.

Unless I see Agnes astrally projected out of her body and entering the Framework, I'm assuming it was just a copy, since that's all we've ever seen Radcliffe and Ada able to do. The Framework just seems to be a super-science Matrix-like place to house the copies, not a new way to move someone's soul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Y'know, that scene right near the start of yesterday's episode, where they're testing the new LMD detector, and it gets triggered when a lady walks in with some clothes on a hangar? I would lay solid money that woman's an LMD spy. Because otherwise, that's a hugely wasted opportunity for some delicious irony.
    The biggest argument against this is that Season 4 of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is planned to have three storylines - Ghost Rider, LMD, and a third one starting after an upcoming brief hiatus. Since LMD is coming close to the end of its arc, you would expect them to start wrapping up plot lines, not starting whole new LMD threads.

The biggest argument for this is the episode summary for Episode #415 airing on 2/21, titled "Self Contol": "Suspicion turns to paranoia when the team doesn't know who can be trusted as more LMDs infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D."

(Yes, that's a lot of separate spoiler tags; I want to give people a chance to stop once they realize what I'm spoiling).

And not so much a spoiler as a yay moment, Briana Venskus is coming back to play Agent Piper again, right after we got to see her again on Supergirl as Agent Vasquez. So apparently she's still officially on both shows.
    Last edited by Khime; 2017-02-09 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Magic is involved yes, but don't overlook the fact that the book was written by the creator of evil magic and as such what "immortality" to be gained will always be a corruption of the person gaining said immortality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Not sure that follows - the book being able to 'magically' provide knowledge doesn't mean that the feats you're pulling off with it are actually Magic(tm). The people it is inspiring are still using real-world physical objects to build real-world technological constructs in order to produce their desired results. Even the Molecule Man wannabe wasn't magically conjuring matter out of thin air; he was transporting it from other dimensions (presumably via wormholes).
    The tech is coming from a book written by C'thon, an evil elder god that was the world's first and greatest evil sorcerer. Any info on any "tech" will always be a perversion. (Molecule Man wannabee is a good example. He was yanking "stuff" from other space/time contuua, while the real deal in the comics, Owen Reece, never needed to)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Magic is involved yes, but don't overlook the fact that the book was written by the creator of evil magic and as such what "immortality" to be gained will always be a corruption of the person gaining said immortality.

The tech is coming from a book written by C'thon, an evil elder god that was the world's first and greatest evil sorcerer. Any info on any "tech" will always be a perversion. (Molecule Man wannabee is a good example. He was yanking "stuff" from other space/time contuua, while the real deal in the comics, Owen Reece, never needed to)
    The only quibble I have with this is you're describing the Earth-616 Darkhold. Earth-199999's Darkhold might have a different origin. But even with a different origin, it'll still be just as bad.

I concede the point...it's a fair quibble.

Do you guys miss the bus?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So did Aidia and Radcliffe euthanize Agnes Aidia's after copying her brain? Or was her brain just not strong enough to deal with the copy link? Either way he killed her.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-14 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    So did Aidia and Radcliffe euthanize Agnes Aidia's after copying her brain? Or was her brain just not strong enough to deal with the copy link? Either way he killed her.
    I don't think it was deliberate, but it didn't sound like she had much time left anyway.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

"Sharks with lasers" "redshirts" "origin story" lol
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-15 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate that they had the opportunity for a "who's the secret LMD" plot thread, and said "fuck it, they're all LMDs".

And if it weren't for that final scene with Coulson reactivating Maybot, I'd have laid even odds at Fitz and Simmons being the two who'd been replaced, and this is just how the Framework is keeping them busy. But that scene makes no sense if that's what's going on, so maybe it's just exactly how it seems.

Good lord. This show..... O.O

Well, damn. Looks like we're going full Matrix now.

- - - Updated - - -

I also totally saw it coming that it was Ward, not Lincoln. And before people start doubting anyway, Marvel's Twitter accoutn confirmed that Brett Dalton is back.

- - - Updated - - -

And fucking hell, the show's on hiatus until April 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    And fucking hell, the show's on hiatus until April 4th.
    Yep, the current story arc is over, and now we take a break before moving into the third story arc of the season. Hopefully the "Agents of Hydra" pod will be as interruption-free as the "LMD" one.
    Last edited by Khime; 2017-02-22 at 05:39 PM.

I just hope they bring cyber Ward into the real world as a LMD and make him main cast again. He was one of the best parts of the show, especially in season one. Aida must have recreated him from Shield files, and the teams memory.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-22 at 07:17 PM.