Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Japanese politicians aren't terribly busy.
    You think they are so bored they are happy to sit around in Trump's resort just for the heck of it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    President Donald Trump’s plan to host Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at his golf resort in Florida
    This is about all that needs to be said. You people are trying way way too hard to vilify trump, it's actually comical at this point, you've turned a trump hater into a trump defender(me). You people really might need mental help, I think trumps victory broke too many people, maybe we can get you all some participation trophies and a puppy party!

You know as someone who really dislikes Trump and is still crying about Bernie... This kind of sounds really, really, really stupid to rally behind.

I mean if Trump was on the golf course by himself then yeah. Dick move. But that's not what is going on. It isn't a vacation, it's a business trip, and anyone who is just being objective should be able to see that. I won't get into the percentages and specific time allotments on what needs to be discussed for it to be considered a business trip. This really isn't even abnormal is it? Like, I'm sure Presidents have done similar things and usually with the leader of an important ally nation. Hell, it's kind of what I expect to happen.

And comparing it to Obama is very difficult. Obama was just out on his own. Had there been anyone with him then I'd say that isn't a vacation either, but anytime it came up it was just Obama taking time for himself. Which I didn't have a problem with either as I can imagine being President is stressful, but that's not really important to the conversation. Point being that both situations were different circumstances entirely.

I don't like Trump, but there are actual things to be upset about him doing(i.e.; turn on your television). I don't understand how you win people over with your arguments if you are just opposing someone for the sake of opposing them. The Trumpster crowd is really annoying, but everyone slamming Trump over this is equally as annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    You think they are so bored they are happy to sit around in Trump's resort just for the heck of it?
    Yeah because he'd otherwise be in Tokyo doing the same thing. The PM and diet members don't do shit, it's all on the cabinet members to run the government. Similar to the states but more extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Well, it's one thing to disagree. It's another thing to just directly flame.
    Oh I agree. Very much so deserved. But I've seen plenty worse said on here that received no punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Yeah, entertaining the prime minister of JAPAN is totally a vacation. Have none of you guys have dealt with business men ( which whether or not you like it, thats exactly what these 2 men are)?

Fucking morons.

Infracted - Flaming
    This is EXACTLY what Obama did many times over but he was always blasted for his "sport outings"

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Attempting to talk reason on this forum will only net you with an infraction.
    Because calling people "fucking morons" is the best way to have a rational discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Trump is going to take a lot of vacations. Probably to his various properties.
    Incidentally, the SS and other staff will be buying their rooms with taxpayer money. Kind of like the DoD in Trump Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bush worked for 5 months before a vacation.

Obama worked for 4 months before a vaction.

Trump made it two weeks, and needs a follow up in his third week.

Because this is what the American people wanted, a president who spends weekends burning millions of taxpayer dollars on vacations rather than working.
    Trump didn't even work a day before taking a weekend off.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you count all the partying as working.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrynn View Post
    You know as someone who really dislikes Trump and is still crying about Bernie... This kind of sounds really, really, really stupid to rally behind.

I mean if Trump was on the golf course by himself then yeah. Dick move. But that's not what is going on. It isn't a vacation, it's a business trip, and anyone who is just being objective should be able to see that. I won't get into the percentages and specific time allotments on what needs to be discussed for it to be considered a business trip. This really isn't even abnormal is it? Like, I'm sure Presidents have done similar things and usually with the leader of an important ally nation. Hell, it's kind of what I expect to happen.

And comparing it to Obama is very difficult. Obama was just out on his own. Had there been anyone with him then I'd say that isn't a vacation either, but anytime it came up it was just Obama taking time for himself. Which I didn't have a problem with either as I can imagine being President is stressful, but that's not really important to the conversation. Point being that both situations were different circumstances entirely.

I don't like Trump, but there are actual things to be upset about him doing(i.e.; turn on your television). I don't understand how you win people over with your arguments if you are just opposing someone for the sake of opposing them. The Trumpster crowd is really annoying, but everyone slamming Trump over this is equally as annoying

Do we really just make shit up before we check facts?

Obama spent many of those golf outings with leaders, politicians and important people in business.

David Cameron
    Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak (you should see the shit he got for this one)

John Boehner
    John Kasich
    Sen. Saxby Chambliss
    Sens. Bob Corker
    Mark Udall
    Joe Courtney (Connecticut), Ed Perlmutter (Colorado) and John Yarmuth (Kentucky).

etc etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Citation?

Becasue I found this.

Is paying for it yourself the same as billing some one?

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...n-trail-228500

thats just one example, lots of info about what he is doing out there.

he is using properties that he has investments in for all his travels, charging all the costs to the campaign and the money goes to himself.

I mean again, he literally TOLD us he was going to do this -

'Trump — who in 2000 predicted “I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it” — has used the campaign itself as a marketing platform to promote everything from the difficult-to-find Trump Steaks to his golf courses and a new Washington hotel.' - Politico

No he isn't using the majority of his spending on himself, its a small percentage of his total campaign spending...but it still matters. It matters because the millions he will pump into his, and his kids, companies will strengthen those companies artificially. It gives those companies and unfair advantage, it makes those companies appear stronger than they really are. Its giving no bid contracts to favored companies...its just wrong.
    Last edited by Wiyld; 2017-02-10 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody else notice the vacation is at his own resort? Does that mean he is still making money off of it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Do we really just make shit up before we check facts?
    He also was golfing on his own during the Louisiana Floods with no important visitor...well unless you think Larry David, a comedian, is important to warrant the president golfing during a national crisis.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Attempting to talk reason on this forum will only net you with an infraction.
    only if you're on the wrong team

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He's going to meet with him the entire weekend? No golf or anything? Oh, right, speaking of morons . . . .
    C
    Also, did you forget that pesky little part where all the money spent on the outing will go into Trump's pockets?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    He's going there with the prime minister of an important ally. Not sure I'd call it leizure time.

It is leisure time. You don't talk serious politics while playing golf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Does anybody else notice the vacation is at his own resort? Does that mean he is still making money off of it?

Oh look, another conflict of interest, next thing you know he's gonna force his staffers to wear his daughters clothing line.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's be real about this. I hate Trump as much as the next guy. But I see absolutely no issue with this. In fact I think this is great. Playing golf with world leaders is a great way to build a rapport.

This is actually one of my criticisms of Obama. He played golf a lot. OK, fine. But he really didn't golf with the right people. He should have been golfing with John Boehner at least once a month, or other Republicans. Or other world leaders.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post

next thing you know he's gonna force his staffers to wear his daughters clothing line.

wakka wakka wakka
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof