Thread: rogues are weak

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

rogues are weak

Who else here feels like the 4% buff just wasn't enough. We are consistently behind DKs, Arms and fury warriors (with draught), demon hunters and monks in many actual fights. Not here to complain but really just to get a feel for how everyone else is doing.

I'm 900 item level with 4 piece and wrist and belt legos.

....assassination rogue is the game's strongest ST spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatu View Post
    This is fine in the hardcore guilds who knows whats what, but its terrible for mythic+, pugging and with guilds and players who maybe just look at overall dps.

Plenty of classes are crushing the meters just doing their normal rotation on groups of mobs and the faster things die, the worse sin rogues do.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Plenty of classes are crushing the meters just doing their normal rotation on groups of mobs and the faster things die, the worse sin rogues do.
    The most feely of feelcrafts. Rogues are in a pretty good spot right now. As with all classes, you'll suffer compared to players of most other classes who have their BiS legendaries if you don't.

No, they are not.

/thread

This is fine in the hardcore guilds who knows whats what, but its terrible for mythic+, pugging and with guilds and players who maybe just look at overall dps.

Who cares about PUGs when you can join a guild?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Strongest ST spec doesn't carry very far when AoE is below mediocre. Ramp up is way too long so you can't switch targets, switching spec to most of the fights will net you below mediocre damage. You either use your utility and lose damage or just sit on bosses. Yay! You were useful on one encounter. Most guilds won't tolerate tunnel mode melee.

When rogues do very good ST damage and very very bad AoE and suffer from target switching then it's fine, but it's odd that it only affects rogues. Other as good ST damage dealers don't suffer this design philosophy but it's somehow fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SSJones View Post
    The most feely of feelcrafts. Rogues are in a pretty good spot right now. As with all classes, you'll suffer compared to players of most other classes who have their BiS legendaries if you don't.
    Yes, but most players are in the world of feelcraft.

They look down the list and yes, rogue did great on the boss, but overall they are well under other classes. For those who don't pay much attention (i.e. most players these days cos of how hard it is to alt) they just get the message that rogues kinda suck, so they will invite others in preference.

Lack of decent aoe is a shitter for the non hardcore types who are asking for invites from pug raid and mythic+ leaders who don't know the score.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Who cares about PUGs when you can join a guild?
    Who cares about joining a guild when you can create one?

You know, apart from all the players who do most of their stuff in pugs, LFR etc.

If you're concerned about M+ cleave, switch to outlaw. It's not like you need a 54 point weapon and amazing gear to do M+. It's much worse the other way around (being outlaw and being unable to switch to assassination for raid content because you actually need a 54 point weapon and good gear to raid). If you're assassination right now, thank your lucky stars you picked the correct spec for this expansion. It's a great spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ntence View Post
    Who else here feels like the 4% buff just wasn't enough. We are consistently behind DKs, Arms and fury warriors (with draught), demon hunters and monks in many actual fights. Not here to complain but really just to get a feel for how everyone else is doing.

I'm 900 item level with 4 piece and wrist and belt legos.
    Agonizing Poison Rogues are in a fine position. Exsanguinate on the other hand.......Needs to be buffed by around 20% to be viable again. They're 100k behind.

If you're concerned about M+ cleave, switch to outlaw. It's not like you need a 54 point weapon and amazing gear to do M+. It's much worse the other way around (being outlaw and being unable to switch to assassination for raid content because you actually need a 54 point weapon and good gear to raid). If you're assassination right now, thank your lucky stars you picked the correct spec for this expansion. It's a great spec.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. You don't get to pick a spec that's amazing at single target AND AoE.

Sin is fine in mythic plus LOL

Deadly poison on packs, swap to Agonising on bosses. Sure you wont compete wih Ret and Frost DK for insane burst aoe, but there is no reason not to take a rogue on 15-20 runs.

I prescribe a generous dose of GIT GUD.

Yes, but most players are in the world of feelcraft.

They look down the list and yes, rogue did great on the boss, but overall they are well under other classes. For those who don't pay much attention (i.e. most players these days cos of how hard it is to alt) they just get the message that rogues kinda suck, so they will invite others in preference.p

Lack of decent aoe is a shitter for the non hardcore types who are asking for invites from pug raid and mythic+ leaders who don't know the score.

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares about joining a guild when you can create one?

You know, apart from all the players who do most of their stuff in pugs, LFR etc.
    People who do most of their stuff in PUGs and LFR are not ones caring about performance.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    People who do most of their stuff in PUGs and LFR are not ones caring about performance.
    No, but the people who they are trying get recruited by FOR the pug are.

If you are random pug leader for mythci + or a normal nuke through, you see a sin rogue and will pass him over for a demon hunter or warrior 99% of the time.

This was the same back in wrath until they added damage to Fok, btw.

IDK about you, but I'm topping our logs (in competition with our shadow priest) as outlaw on Normal HN and we're killing bosses consistently as a guild. I'm also generally topping charts and beating +12 M+ in time for 1-2 chest at 890 ilevel (shoulders/ring legendaries). That's all that matters to me, and should be all that matters to anybody I run with.

So, yeah, not in a bad place at all, at least from my own anecdotal evidence.

They are ? is that why they arent ontop on ANY fights in nigthold ? They might be the games strongest ST spec, you know. after Havoc, Fury, arms and frostdk

You do realize that nh is full of aoe fights right?Assasination was good on en where most fights where single target.In nh outlaw outshines assasination by far.

Quote Originally Posted by ripple19 View Post
    Agonizing Poison Rogues are in a fine position. Exsanguinate on the other hand.......Needs to be buffed by around 20% to be viable again. They're 100k behind.
    Why is exsang always the point of comparison? Why dont't people make up the 3rd subspec being alacrity? Or why isn't anyone advocating dfa oever venom rush? Venom rush is clearly the more boring option.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelegacy View Post
    You do realize that nh is full of aoe fights right?Assasination was good on en where most fights where single target.In nh outlaw outshines assasination by far.
    Have you actually seen the logs? Outlaw is the worst dps spec in the game, rivaled only by unholy dk.
    Last edited by Strah; 2017-02-10 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelegacy View Post
    Krosus and trillax. Pure ST fights unless you fuck up the swirlies. Rogues still not topping.

I am able to top those fights as outlaw so if u cant as assasination then u are doing something wrong sorry.The only one you might not be able to pass on krosus is dh but by a small % only.