Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Do we have any credible source to back this up?
    after 14 pages of no sense from rda, we can assume there arent.

Do we have any credible source to back this up?
    This question gets asked and answered every second page or so.

In the absence of published sub numbers (which are "obviously" no longer published because they are "not a useful metric"), we have warcraftrealms (activity charts), wowprogress (raid participation), arena trackers (PVP participation), this site (waiting for achievement scans) and a couple of other things. Long and short, Legion behaves more or less like WoD did = lost a ton of players already, continues to lose them. 7.2 / 7.3 might change things, let's wait for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude we get it by now rda, you hate WoW
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post
    after 14 pages of no sense from rda, we can assume there arent.

Oh ok cause all i see is massive participation into raids after nighthold is released.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This question gets asked every second page or so.

In the absence of published sub numbers (which are "obviously" no longer published because they are "not a useful metric" PURE ASSUMPTION), we have warcraftrealms (activity charts)REQUIRES ADDONS, wowprogress (raid participation)REQUIRES RAID PROGRESS, arena trackers (PVP participation), this site (waiting for achievement scans) and a couple of other thingsOTHER ASSUMPTION.

let me fix that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Dude we get it by now rda, you hate WoW
    No, just WoD and Legion (and then again, 'hate' is too strong).

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ok cause all i see is massive participation into raids after nighthold is released.
    Yes, this reflects in activity charts, too, there's an uptick. It is very temporary, however.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    All I care about is that I see plenty of people out in the world. Big bad ass mob for a world quest you want to kill at 4 am on a weekday? Takes 30s tops before more people show up. You can do pretty much everything you want at any given time of the week, and there are plenty of people around.

What do you care if there are 8, 6 or 4m ppl playing? Content comes faster than ever, is polished and pretty well made.
    I think the only polished thing here is Blizzard's ass by your tongue. Small example, just to not derail the thread (could post 100's more, btw): Alchemy broken with rare rank 3 procs and one rank 3 (infernal stone) not implemented in game till 7.1.5, and now that it is, it's buggy, as it consumes the mats of the procs or doesn't give extra items if procced with mats of one item. Polished, my ass (and Blizzard's).

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I think the only polished thing here is Blizzard's ass by your tongue. Small example: Alchemy broken with rare rank 3 procs and one rank 3 (infernal stone) not implemented in game till 7.1.5, and now that it is it's buggy as it consumes the mats the of the procs as well or doesn't give items if procced with mats of one item. Polished, my ass (and Blizzard's).
    basically a game changing issue.

So, in short, the Sky is falling and WoW is dying.

Absolutely nothing new to see here, move along folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

omg. can finally someone close this stupid thread full of idiots and white knights which blowing hot air into a useless topic? no plan why no moderator is closing this shit fest.

You can strawman it all you like for some quest to feel better about yourself, fact is that those of us that love the game will still be able to play it 10 years from now just fine. And the pathetic haters will keep singing their songs with nothing to show for it.

Deleted
    Here we have rda providing the alternative facts because other sources are lies.

In the absence of published sub numbers (which are "obviously" no longer published because they are "not a useful metric"), we have warcraftrealms (activity charts), wowprogress (raid participation), arena trackers (PVP participation), this site (waiting for achievement scans) and a couple of other things. Long and short, Legion behaves more or less like WoD did = lost a ton of players already, continues to lose them. 7.2 / 7.3 might change things, let's wait for them.
    Oh ok then warcraftlogs shows activity of over 40k unique logs inside nighthold in all difficulties in EU and US, excluding China/Taiwan/Korea in the last 30 hours resulting to average 600-650k from eu or us raiding. Take that number anywhere close to 900k adding china/taiwan/korea.

And since ppl claim raiding is only affecting 10% of player base and the rest of 90% havent set foot in it, go figure how many still playing doing other activities.

I wont claim ofc 10 million are still playing but its nowhere near below 5.5-6m at least at the moment.

Nobody is saying WoW was not a big event / success overall. I am simply saying that their statements about WoW in the earnings call are BS and are trying to call a black thing white.
    ok, if you want to try that angle than you need to be smart enough to realize the calls to the shareholders means THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THE PREVIOUS YEAR

its not a damned full life rundown, its a heres how we did this year. thats the ONLY thing those calls and meetings are EVER about. not the last 5 or 15 or 20 years. THE PREVIOUS YEAR
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Deleted
    Nobody is saying WoW was not a big event / success overall. I am simply saying that their statements about WoW in the earnings call are BS and are trying to call a black thing white.
    That's fucking rich coming from someone who's had a clear bias for years, doesn't have access to all the facts and makes wild assumptions. You are such a hypocrite.

The saddest part is that people don't have the balls to admit that their blind bias affects their decisions and they have the disgusting notion to pretend that what they're saying is logically sound. This is either due to sheer stupidity or constantly lying to yourself or others.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

So the absence of evidence is what you've got?
    From a business standpoint I trust MAU metrics more than sub numbers, let alone 3rd party sites that can't curate data like Blizzard obviously can.
    If you want to effectively persuade people, I suggest a full report similar to what is produced in their quarterly report. Anything else is a lot of hot wind.

I had no idea Kelly Conway worked for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    ok, if you want to try that angle than you need to be smart enough to realize the calls to the shareholders means THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANYTHING BUT THE PREVIOUS YEAR

its not a damned full life rundown, its a heres how we did this year. thats the ONLY thing those calls and meetings are EVER about. not the last 5 or 15 or 20 years. THE PREVIOUS YEAR
    But Legion was not doing well that previous year. :-)

Yes, it launched with great fanfare, got millions coming. But then it lost those millions. Just like WoD did.

Sure, they found some metric (play time hours, compared to WoD, ROFL) on which things look good, but that's just cherry-picking for the result. :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    So the absence of evidence is what you've got?
    From a business standpoint I trust MAU metrics more than sub numbers, let alone 3rd party sites that can't curate data like Blizzard obviously can.
    If you want to effectively persuade people, I suggest a full report similar to what is produced in their quarterly report. Anything else is a lot of hot wind.
    I am going to skip past your first sentence, because it's been done to death. If you object to any metric in particular, go right ahead, otherwise that's just noise.

But I am woindering, how exactly do you trust MAU metrics more than sub numbers? No, really, explain to me, why they are better? Especially summed from different games, especially with F2P options?

But Legion was not doing well that previous year. :-)

Yes, it launched with great fanfare, got millions coming. But then it lost those millions. Just like WoD did.

Sure, they found some metric (play time hours, compared to WoD, ROFL) on which things look good, but that's just cherry-picking for the result. :-)
    3 phrase

0 fact checking

awwwwww yeah go on Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    That's fucking rich coming from someone who's had a clear bias for years, doesn't have access to all the facts and makes wild assumptions. You are such a hypocrite.

The saddest part is that people don't have the balls to admit that their blind bias affects their decisions and they have the disgusting notion to pretend that what they're saying is logically sound. This is either due to sheer stupidity or constantly lying to yourself or others.
    (I tried to find a thing to reply to and couldn't. Please include some points that can actually be talked about next time.)