Page 1 of 3
LastLast

i really dislike the way switching talents work

It's a pain in the a...... Why did they change that? the old system was great. I wish they would revert it. Couldn't they come up with anything else for inscriptors to make gold off? this would be the biggest QoL change i want right now.

Do you actually buy the tomes? i haven't bought a single one so far. it's just not worth it.

It's extremely dumb that you can switch your entire specialization at any point for free, but switching just one talent around requires an expensive item.

I just trade my blood for herbs, give it to my guild, they convert it and i get my tomes and pots for the month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't tomes relatively cheap now due to the change in materials cost? I bought a bunch of them, not even 100g each iirc.

Be friends with a scribe.

Quote Originally Posted by alahard View Post
    I just trade my blood for herbs, give it to my guild, they convert it and i get my tomes and pots for the month.
    that doesn't change the fact that the system is dumb. I would be happy with a "hey man spend 100k and you can have free talents change". I have spent about 4k on changing talents but i would do it. Its a fucking pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    that doesn't change the fact that the system is dumb. I would be happy with a "hey man spend 100k and you can have free talents change". I have spent about 4k on changing talents but i would do it. Its a fucking pain in the ass.
    Or spend 100g on bloodseeker enchantment, and trade away....

Or spend 100g on bloodseeker enchantment, and trade away....
    or just get rid of the whole system. Its not about gold. It is about a fucking shit system. read next time kid.
    why so mad bro

I moved most of my alts to new Dalaran back when the quest still gave out the non-binding tomes. That initial stash hasn't even been used up yet, even after selling a handful of the tomes on the AH. I rarely switch talents and have only used 1 or 2 tomes so far, I prefer to use an all-round spec. On any new alt I just vendor the BoP tomes, I couldn't care less about my performance on them.

In general I dislike the current talent system, the change to requiring an expensive consumable to switch around (outside of rest areas) just made it even worse. I'd rather have talents be about utility/defenses than about DPS, especially when a tier offers single target vs multi target. Specs should just have their DPS toolkit complete regardless of talent choices, with each spec having innate strengths/weaknesses.

or just get rid of the whole system. Its not about gold. It is about a fucking shit system. read next time kid.
    It's the same system as before, just with tomes being made by players. I was mentioning a way to get around the gold cost.

That being said, I never claimed the system was good ( it's bad. It was bad last expansion too. More so with the free spec change.)

Bought like 100 tomes since they became cheaper never looked back.

It's the same system as before, just with tomes being made by players. I was mentioning a way to get around the gold cost.

That being said, I never claimed the system was good ( it's bad. It was bad last expansion too. More so with the free spec change.)
    Or if you learnt to comprehend, because reading is easy, then you would have noticed that my way, pay 100k, removes the shit system altogether. Did you read or did you just pick a random post to reply to?

We all agree that the system is shit. it should be removed. I was just demonstrating the extent to which I would remove it. I would prob go 1M if I was guaranteed if it was gone for good for all toons on an account.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Desparil View Post
    Bought like 100 tomes since they became cheaper never looked back.
    Same here. Been waiting so long for them to become cheaper... now I can switch talents whenever I want! Just gotta restock after a few weeks, that's it.

Also @OP, there are classes that can teleport to their class hall and use teleport again to be ported to the GY that was nearest to your previous position. That's how I used to change talents for free while raiding with my DK.

i always hearth out let people summon me back lol.

Tomes are cheap enough that it's not a huge deal. I spend more gold on prepots and food and flasks than I do tomes anyway. I do wish you could change them on the fly in LFR though, since it's not worth it to use any consumables there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    i always hearth out let people summon me back lol.
    Jesus I know right. You might as well do that.

Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    inscriptors
    Scribes.

Also, this definitely isn't what I was expecting when I opened this topic.

I thought you were going to complain about the actual process of swapping talents, lol.

Here's what I was going to suggest anyway: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/talent-set-manager

Or if you learnt to comprehend, because reading is easy, then you would have noticed that my way, pay 100k, removes the shit system altogether. Did you read or did you just pick a random post to reply to?

We all agree that the system is shit. it should be removed. I was just demonstrating the extent to which I would remove it. I would prob go 1M if I was guaranteed if it was gone for good for all toons on an account.
    The 100 k thing is a dummer way to go around it. A good amount of the player base doesn't carry around 100k goid, and those who can make tomes would just increase the prices since there is less demand. You created a worse situation then currently in practice. Hence why I didn't follow up with it.

The answer is just remove the tomes.

Also only replying to your reply.
    Last edited by Tack980; 2017-02-11 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    The system is good in which it involves a profesion, so it is profitable for some people. That's good in my eyes. Not everything has to be super duper comfortable. I'm happy scribes have something to sell reliably (and I'm not a scribe, but they deserve to make money too).

10+ Year Old Account
    The old system was better in that it was a gold sink, this shouldn't be a profession for player money gain, it should be a method of removing gold from the economy as it was in the past... With an item that is bought from vendors or simply a small gold fee to switch talents.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-02-11 at 08:31 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.