Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If Hitler won WW2, would we consider him evil and bad? Or would we sing him praises while condemning Churchill to hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You act like there is ANY evidence to explain the pyramids and time similar structures of that period lol.
    There's literally tons of it.

We can see the tool marks on the stones, and we can see the quarries, where blocks still remain half-cut, showing the process they used.

There's nothing "magic" involved. Just a lot of smart people working very hard for decades.

While there's some uncertainty about the precise methods used to transport the blocks, it's because there's multiple possibilities, not because we can't figure it out how they could have done it. We've figured out TOO MANY ways they could have done it, and can't pick which was the method they actually used.
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-10 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I thought slavery was what pushed those workers to accomplish those things. Was that not true?
    If i am honest, not much labor was needed to complete any of the ancient megaliths that scour this planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act like there is ANY evidence to explain the pyramids and time similar structures of that period lol. I understand some people can only live their lives by the scientific method, but when talking about things of this nature your method is gonna fall flat my friend...
    There's plenty of evidence to explain the pyramids. Just not the sort you'd find interesting.

What really bothers me about your posts @Endus is the way you assume to know how things are, when in reality you are incredibly off course and dont give near enough credit to the times. Stop typing like you do and think for a second, try and imagine what kind of motivation it would take to build the structures that still exist on this planet 4000-10000 years later (some have been dated to those numbers). Big things were happening then, please lets not belittle them.
    Why do we build cathedrals? Why did we carve the faces of US Presidents into a fucking mountainside? Why do we build stadiums that can seat hundreds of thousands of people? Entire cities every 2 years to hold a sporting event (winter/summer Olympics)?

The Pyramids or the Parthenon had important religious and political roles in their times, they were deeply tied to faith and governance, just as more modern cathedrals were (many of which absolutely dwarf pyramids in scale and sheer complexity).

Things like the Coliseum were built for the same reason we build stadiums; entertainment, national pride, competitiveness etc.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I mean our perception

Is it possible there were civilizations far older than the ones we know of? Were they more advanced than we think?

DISCUSS!
    That's actually a very interesting topic.

There is almost no way we could know if there were past civilizations living on Earth - in various life forms. Any artifacts they created would have disintegrated from time, leaving literally no evidence.

People argue that the gaseous climate millions/billions of years ago would have prevented life forms for gaining sentience and growth, but who knows how life could have formed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I thought slavery was what pushed those workers to accomplish those things. Was that not true?
    Most laborers were full time farmers whom the pharaoh conscripted during the inundation season when the farmers had very little to do.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

You act like there is ANY evidence to explain the pyramids and time similar structures of that period lol. I understand some people can only live their lives by the scientific method, but when talking about things of this nature your method is gonna fall flat my friend...
    Yes, there is. We even know what the wages, food and beer rations and medical treatment of the workers were. It wasn't built by magic/aliens or anything, but by paid, skilled labor, a strong centralized government which implemented nation wide price controls and economic planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There's literally tons of it.

We can see the tool marks on the stones, and we can see the quarries, where blocks still remain half-cut, showing the process they used.

There's nothing "magic" involved. Just a lot of smart people working very hard for decades.
    Like i said endus, we cant be friends

I understand there is "evidence" you can put together in your head, but that does not compute for me. Let me make it clear here i am not suggesting some crazy alien thoery no no no, what i am suggesting is something much more. I feel that many many thousands of years ago (far before the pyramids) the world had a greater knowledge of something, possibly a creator. And with that knowledge it is POSSIBLE that we gained a greater understanding of how to harness the energies on this planet.

Personally i believe that energy was sound, because it makes the most sense to me. Sound waves do some crazy stuff just based on how we see it and our understanding of it today. If i am honest i believe the pyramids and other megalithic structures were built with relative ease, not over decades with manpower as you declare. I feel we had a knowledge of how to manipulate some sort of energy on this planet that assisted in building these structures. (again, my guess is something to do with sound).

Obviously ridiculous notion to you, but i would be my life i am closer to truth than what our current "understanding" tells us about our past.

infracted - Forbidden Topics
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-02-10 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    There is almost no way we could know if there were past civilizations living on Earth - in various life forms. Any artifacts they created would have disintegrated from time, leaving literally no evidence.
    That is simply not true. If it were, we literally wouldn't have any fossil or archeological evidence, when it is clearly obvious that we do. Earliest human tools found literally date back 2.8 million years, earliest cave paintings as far back 40000 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    If i am honest, not much labor was needed to complete any of the ancient megaliths that scour this planet.
    Given that we've found the city the thousands of workers lived in, your claim is objectively and obviously untrue.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/lehner-giza.html

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    Most laborers were full time farmers whom the pharaoh conscripted during the inundation season when the farmers had very little to do.
    It also depends on what time period you are talking about.

sip
    Ancient aliens are literally more plausible than your wacky stuff.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the Jewish people might disagree. Unless you're speaking relatively.

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyBob View Post
    I knew many weren't slaves but had no idea it was most. Farmers put to work during off season though; I didn't know that. How efficient of pharaoh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like i said endus, we cant be friends

I understand there is "evidence" you can put together in your head, but that does not compute for me. Let me make it clear here i am not suggesting some crazy alien thoery no no no, what i am suggesting is something much more. I feel that many many thousands of years ago (far before the pyramids) the world had a greater knowledge of something, possibly a creator. And with that knowledge it is POSSIBLE that we gained a greater understanding of how to harness the energies on this planet.
    Right. You're skipping right past "aliens", and straight to "some magical god-being", and that humans built the pyramids through literal magic.

That's less reasonable than "aliens did it". And you have literally no evidence to back it. You may as well be saying that the pyramids were built by Smurfs to protect themselves from Gargamel. That's as likely as what you're talking about.

Objectively history can't be right,wrong, or indifferent, because it's already come to pass. Applying an adjective, especially a modifier, is subjective in nature. History just IS, or if put into a sentence, history WAS. History is static, history is unmovable. Our interpretation and discovery of history will alter, but the context will remain as is, unalterable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Our perception of history is very limited. For thousands of years conquering armies destroyed cultures, texts and wrote their own version of history. The only way to truly know what happened would be to have a time machine with the ability to remotely view the past without influencing it.
    I mean hell we have evidence that the current "native americans" were not in fact the first settlers here and they make no mention of anyone else before them... because they killed the group that had come here from Pacific Islands after they got here. Baja, CA has skulls that were found that indicate being killed and that they were not of the same Mongolian heritage of the people who crossed Beringea. Oddly enough the native americans are hotly against any notion of this and I think they've demanded the skulls be given to them even though scientific evidence shows they are not of the same ethnic origin.

Point is, yes history is written by the winners, but even a loser has committed the same acts inflicted upon them at some point. I mean hell the atomic bombs dropped on Japan are NOTHING to what Japan had done to the places it conquered during the war. Nobody is innocent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand there is "evidence" you can put together in your head, but that does not compute for me.
    Thanks, Kellyanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Right. You're skipping right past "aliens", and straight to "some magical god-being", and that humans built the pyramids through literal magic.

That's less reasonable than "aliens did it". And you have literally no evidence to back it. You may as well be saying that the pyramids were built by Smurfs to protect themselves from Gargamel. That's as likely as what you're talking about.
    "Magical god being". So i take it you dont believe we had a creator? Very relevant to the conversation.

I knew many weren't slaves but had no idea it was most. Farmers put to work during off season though; I didn't know that. How efficient of pharaoh.
    The story of the Exodus is largely a parable not literal history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancien...nt_and_economy -The Ancient Egyptians ran one of the first centralized planned economies in history, beating out the Soviets by a few thousand years.