Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Millenials in the work place

So millenials are in the work force now. What are your experience working with them?

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

As a millennial old employees suck.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So millenials are in the work force now. What are your experience working with them?

I work outside the city so my experience has been positive, parents actually teach their kids how to behave in the area I live in.

Fantastic. Just because a few terrible people (doesn't matter which generation) exist, doesn't make the whole of the group terrible.

Btw, Millennials have been in the workplace for over a decade now (those in their early to mid 30s)

edit: Beat me to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    News flash, some millenials are in their mid-30's. They've been in the workplace for over a decade.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been in the workforce for 16 years and I can safely say that working with myself is the strangest experience I have ever had.
    But that's because I'm weird af.

Deleted
    I think people are missing the point of the video. Like every "Generation" only the tail end of them accept the branding the previous generation attaches to them.

People 30 years old now won't call themselves Millenials like people 30 years old back in the 1971 didn't call themselves Gen X, but those from 1980 sure did.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Millennials" spans a shitload of time. I'm 32, have been in my field for 8 years already, and am still classified as a "millennial". Video is hyperbolic "young people suck" garbage that has been used for every recent generation -- a regurgitation of the age-old "I don't understand young people so I lash out at how terrible I perceive them to be" meme. We have almost 100 "millennials" employed at the company I work for, and pretty much all of them are great at what they do.

I've had a few employees still in highschool or recently graduated that were complete turds. They didn't last long as employees.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have non millennials on here? That's kind of strange isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This would fit me. I was born in 1981... which is the start of the millennial generation. Though It could also be the end of GenX... I am never quite sure. Conflicting info on various sites.
    I always thought kids in the mid 80s to mid 90s was generation Y and millennials was kids born after 96

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    "Millennials" spans a shitload of time.
    Not that long, though longer than their recently preceding generations. According to Strauss and Howe's definitions, Millennials span 23 years, from 1981 to 2004.

For comparison, GenX was 19 years (1961-1980), Boomers were 18 years (1942-1960), Silent was 16 years (1925-1941), and GI was 23 years (1901-1924).

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I always thought kids in the mid 80s to mid 90s was generation Y and millennials was kids born after 96
    No they are currently around age 18-35.

I am 28 so I guess in that category?!

Millenials get fired just as quick as anyone else for not doing their job....so any "millennials" I work with are good because they still have a job....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No, "millennial" and "generation Y" are the same thing, referring to the generation that became adults around the turn of the millennium.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Oh boy, another wide group composed of vastly different people to hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This would fit me. I was born in 1981... which is the start of the millennial generation. Though It could also be the end of GenX... I am never quite sure. Conflicting info on various sites.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_Trail_Generation

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post

wtf is wrong with society

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Scared of everything and everyone - pushovers, and typically call in sick whenever they lose anything (team losing in sports/politics/make up some crybaby shit <insert here> ) - avoid at all costs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Not that long, though longer than their recently preceding generations. According to Strauss and Howe's definitions, Millennials span 23 years, from 1981 to 2004.

For comparison, GenX was 19 years (1961-1980), Boomers were 18 years (1942-1960), Silent was 16 years (1925-1941), and GI was 23 years (1901-1924).

Strauss and Howe's definitions are bullshit. There's a big difference between 80's kids and 90's, give or take a few years depending on country.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    No, "millennial" and "generation Y" are the same thing, referring to the generation that became adults around the turn of the millennium.
    man that's just too far of a gap, ok, I guess the new generation is Gen Z, that's the ones I am worried about.