Thread: [TV] Legion

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Legion

FX is making a small series somewhat based on some mutant. More importantly its written and directed by Fargo's Noah Hawley.

Starring Dan Stevens and Aubrey Plaza. Ima take a cold shower after watching the trailer again.

“Legion” follows David Haller (played by Dan Stevens), a troubled young man who may be more than human. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and visions might be real.

Looks nice. Love all these series with super natural powers

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good. Getting a bit of a Mr Robot feel from it, if you know what I mean.

Do we know when/where it'll air outside of the US?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    A new teaser came out showing the air date will be in February 2017. US that is, I haven't been following any international releases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    FX is making a small series somewhat based on some mutant.
    Well... From what I've gathered, it's not "somewhat based", and definitely not "some mutant". It's based on (and spoilers from the comics follow) Legion, who is in fact Charles Xavier's son David Haller, with a woman by the name of Gabrielle Haller. And, Legion just happens to be an omega-level mutant to boot. It also supposedly takes place in the same universe as the X-Men films.

Also, noticed I was replying to a three month old post but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    A new teaser came out
    Yeah, that source won't open for me with a Finnish IP. It'll probably come out from someone else soon.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-19 at 03:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Official air date will be Feb. 8th.
    There's some official episode preview up already:
    http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/legion/episodes

10+ Year Old Account
    It starts next week. There's so much good TV right now I wonder how it might stand apart. Some reviews have already come out, they all seem to be very positive.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/legion/s01/ 100% fresh so far.

What makes Legion’s story so compelling (and this is based on Hawley’s interpretation of it — I have not read the comics) is how it expresses itself through the framework of mental illness. The world doesn’t understand David, and he’s diagnosed as schizophrenic at a young age. In many ways the diagnosis does make sense: he’s plagued by a litany of voices, hallucinations, and rage blackouts. He has trouble controlling himself, and picks up a drug habit that helps quiet some of the mental storm. But even though Legion subverts this idea of illness, and instead makes it a power, it doesn’t save him.

Achh, I saw the title and thought they finally made a show based on that angel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Achh, I saw the title and thought they finally made a show based on that angel movie.
    they did.. it's called Dominion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    And it failed

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    And it failed
    Aww, I didn't even know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Willa Holland... so nice, so nice.

I will check out Legion, but it doesn't seem like the type of thing Aubrey Plaza would be in.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Plaza has been serious in movies like Ned Rifle.

I'll be trying it out (my wife is even interested in watching it too), however I'm a little backlogged from the week so I may not get to it until tomorrow or Friday.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Reviews for it have been pretty good, so I'll probably check it out once I can binge all six episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now watching the pilot episode. I'm still not that interested after being 15 minutes into it. Hopefully that'll change later one, but so far I find it relatively boring. Feels more like a drama show to me, which is something I dislike when combined with the 'superhero' genre.

Update: Gets interesting towards the ending, but it's not all that special. Will definitely watch the next episode, but the pilot was mediocre.
    Last edited by karzal; 2017-02-09 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well shit that was awesome. I was hooked from the beginning and the cool shit didn't start for a while into the episode, can't wait to see where it goes.

Well... that was a wild ride.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it. Want to watch it again. Wish I could binge it

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Loved it. Want to watch it again. Wish I could binge it
    I agree. The other comics based shows don't have a lot of story, this one did.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland