Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playerbase culture along with the token real-life price.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I dont even know what delusion the US citizens live in, we all know the average US has no idea whats going on in his next CITY, how much another country.

Most countries in EU are poor as fuck, only Scandinavian countries/UK/Germany can actually boast about being "rich" countries, everywhere else its the same, 0.1% filthy rich, 1% rich,5% above average/rest living comfortably to insanely poor with the % favoring the "poor" section.
    Once I get past your horrific butchering of the English language I find the points you are trying to make are even worse.

In the process of making your condescending remarks about how stupid we are over here in the U.S., you were unable to identify the clear number one wealthy country in the the EU, which is, as everyone knows, Luxembourg. Then Ireland (you may not realize, that that's not in the UK), Netherlands, Austria and Belgium are all also ahead of Germany and the UK in per capita income and France is just a small amount behind the UK. Of course I'm not including Switzerland since it's not in the EU but I'm guessing you didn't even realize that anyway. There are certainly poorer parts of the EU but it's a much smaller portion as you are pretending. Just because you are an economic failure does not mean your condition is generally representative of the EU.

So if you want to talk about how you know American geography better than 99% of Americans, you may first want to brush up on the countries on your own continent before you make a fool of yourself again.

Thanks for the laughs kid.

Sincerely,

An American who knows European geography better than you do.

Geography is now googling european countries capita and typing a response.

Switzerland wasnt included for a reason.
    1/10 too.

God mmo-champ gets slow on mobile.

Geography is now googling european countries capita and typing a response.

Switzerland wasnt included for a reason.
    1/10 too.

God mmo-champ gets slow on mobile.
    We've established that you're a moron who doesn't know which countries have what on your own continent. I'm glad that you haven't tried to contest that because doing so would just be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    We've established that you're a moron who doesn't know which countries have what on your own continent. I'm glad that you haven't tried to contest that because doing so would just be absurd.
    Cant be bothered actually but as i said! Google ftw!

1 month of subscription is what you're buying with gold. What you're actually arguing for here is for the sub price in Europe to go up. If you got 15 Euros from redeeming a token you could go buy the 13 Euro sub, and have 2 left over. Clearly that's not the intention.

Deleted
    Supply and demand, shouldn't be that hard to understand really.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Supply and demand, shouldn't be that hard to understand really.
    It must be. Because most these idiots are debating geography in a thread about battle net token prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    The Auction house does not generate new gold, it just moves it around, so that has nothing to do with the quoted part, being smart at the AH doesn't mean they generate gold out of thin air.

Even the token system only moves gold around, 1 player buys a token for money, other player gets gold which is then moved.

The same gold still drops off mobs/missions, or vendor value from items.
    Not only doesn't it generate new gold it actually removes gold from the game in the form of the auction house fees.

The Auction house does not generate new gold, it just moves it around, so that has nothing to do with the quoted part, being smart at the AH doesn't mean they generate gold out of thin air.

Even the token system only moves gold around, 1 player buys a token for money, other player gets gold which is then moved.

I dont think you have a clue what you were replying to. Your response has no relevance to the quote.

If you are attempting to tell me no one makes gold on the AH you are so sadly mistaken and likely new to the game. The AH is full of gold making potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Articon92 View Post
    Min wage in US: $15,080

Latvia: $5,017

Not all of Europe is as rich as France UK and Germany, poor counties mean more buying subs with gold as its too expensive to buy with irl money, also these counties are much less likely to buy a token with irl money. Lower supply of tokens. Higher demand of tokens. Higher price of tokens.

Simple basic economics
    There are like 2 cities in the country with a $15 minimum wage. The overwhelming majority of places have minimum wage far below that.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
    I dont think you have a clue what you were replying to. Your response has no relevance to the quote.

If you are attempting to tell me no one makes gold on the AH you are so sadly mistaken and likely new to the game. The AH is full of gold making potential.
    uhm , mr, you quoted me first on this : Gold comes in at the same rates for both regions (the exact same game), they basicly get double the gold value.

Saying EU and US aren't the same game, sorry but they are, vendor prices , gold drops, etc are 100% the same, I was NOT talking about player to player gold, I am talking about GAME to player gold (monsters/vendors/class hall missions/quest gold etc etc).

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoKramer View Post
    For all intents and purposes, it is not the exact same game. Two totally different server groups (which do not speak to each other) along with player bases in two totally different places in the world. Its naive to think that when speaking about Economics (which in this case is the game economy) that there is no variables when it comes to these two separate gaming economies. Not to mention as one person mentioned the TAX in EU.

For this reason you dont have every economy in the world the same size and you dont have everyone at the same level of poverty and wealth. The world varies from region to region and culture to culture. I would expect the same from an Economy in a game that has little intervention from government (blizzard).

A gallon (or Liter) of Gas in the EU may be double the cost as it is in the USA.... Should everywhere in the world be subject to the American price?

I have seen a lot of people puzzled and unable to comprehend the WOW economy. I would advise those people to either look at is with a more holistic approach using standard economic practices used in the real world. If you find yourself in real life not understanding simple economics than I suggest you stick to mining and picking herbs, while the auction house players (who have spent time to learn about the wow economy) to do the buying and selling. We need both parties. But If you are one of the many who don't understand economics... its in your best interest to not touch the markets.

Instead I got a whole AH Economy rant that has nothing to do with it., yes AH economies are different per server, and thinking I am dumb and don't understand the AH, I play this game since 2004, I am not a new player.

Then I reply with this:

I had 11000 gold Late TBC 35000 In late Wotlk 70000 gold late Cata, and about 300k when I quit wow for the 1st time Early Mop (5.2 April 2013), yes that gold mostly came from the AH, but that's only possible if other players bought my stuff, thus the gold got Moved, not Generated. (going by old screenshots) , I made about 2 mill surplus in 5 months of Legion.

And while I admit It might not be the highest gold ever possible, it was still higher then average player at the time. I joined EU servers very late in TBC (hit 70 in July 2008, 4 months before Wotlk) my majority of playtime before that was on US servers from 2004

The AH does not generate new money into the game, it only moves it between parties (buy/sell), or removes it (deposit).

It does not put new money into a server period, WoW tokens and server transfers do move gold between servers, again, they don't add any new.

So yes mr, you are right the AH does have gold making potential. But I don't think you understood me on the 1st quote you did,

TLDR.
    I basicly meant , 1 gold in US is worth more then 1 gold in EU for Token Purchasing power, while the income from non-player sources is basicly 100% the same, before any trade happens.

Being smart at the AH of course makes your income higher (it comes from other player buyers after all), for both regions regardless of that.

But in this case , let's forget the AH trade in question, what I meant, was this:
    Say an order hall mission gives you 2250 gold (750+1500 bonus) , same for both regions, you need 40 missions in US (@ 90000 token price) but about 70 in EU (@ 157.500 token price),

Same example can be said if you kill 1 boss in an old raid that gives you 100 gold, etc etc.

- Peace -
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-13 at 08:51 PM.

Cant be bothered actually but as i said! Google ftw!
    You made a post about how much smarter you are than Americans to the point you even know American geography better than we do. You also made really stupid and false statements about the EU and thus highlighted your ignorance concerning your own continent's makeup. Then you pretend the real problem is the fact that everything I said can be confirmed by any number of sources, including Google linked websites.

Keep digging kid, you're almost out. We're almost convinced you're smarter than all of us ... you just have to make one last good push.

My theory: Americans have more disposable income, and are more cavalier about spending it on frivolous things, and therefore are more willing to spend $20 for in-game currencies. Thus there is a higher supply of tokens on the American market, driving the price (in gold) down.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    There are like 2 cities in the country with a $15 minimum wage. The overwhelming majority of places have minimum wage far below that.
    And virtually everything east of Latvia is below 5000$

"I already won the lottery. I was born in the U-S-of-A, baby!"

-Creed Bratton

Bigger concern is the difference in token price US gets $30 out of 160k gold, EU gets €13 out of 160k (currently)

Gold comes in at the same rates for both regions (the exact same game), they basicly get double the gold value.
    Well that's simply because US Region has a different ratio of "people who want to buy gold for cash" : "people who want to farm gold and play for free" to Europe.

No way around that.

Europe region has Eastern Europeans with lower incomes who want to play for free.

US region has kids buying gold with mummy's credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That escalated quickly ^^
    Well when all you got as evidence in your case is to throw an entire population of over 300 million people under the wheels of the bus to win a little internet QQ contest it is best to just get things to the finish line. At least that is how I look at it. Or else we are left just listening to the kids whine and cry over pointless shit for days on end.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Well that's simply because US Region has a different ratio of "people who want to buy gold for cash" : "people who want to farm gold and play for free" to Europe.

No way around that.

Europe region has Eastern Europeans with lower incomes who want to play for free.

US region has kids buying gold with mummy's credit card.
    See I can understand that

I see the market stablized a bit the last few days, US market still a bit more fluctuation the EU, which makes sense with more tokens being sold.

Deleted
    thats 15k fed minimum wage full time per year, the $15 dollar min wage would have an even higher per year salary.

vs $5k