Thread: rogues are weak

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ctrl+F Subtlety.

0 results.

FeelsBadman. Seems like 99% of rogues are playing Assa, 0.9% Outlaw and 0.1% Subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    Ctrl+F Subtlety.

0 results.

FeelsBadman. Seems like 99% of rogues are playing Assa, 0.9% Outlaw and 0.1% Subtlety.
    Glad to be the 1%. Now if only i could get spec specific legendaries instead of neutrals.

People that hold their guild back by refusing to play the most competitive spec of their class are pretty cool when they tell us how glad they are to represent minorities.

Thats fine when you don't have 19 other people spending hours of their lives to carry your butt through the content. Unless you 1 or 2 shot the content of course then at that point who cares but I doubt that for Star augur.

Also rogues are not weak. Sub and outlaw need a rework but other than that we have at least a place with assassin and single target damage.

Sorry pile on. As as an assassination main and outlaw alt. 54 traits in both weapons. 99% parses on every fight and 4/10 mythic. We aren't weak.

However there is a caveat to this. The reason why some people see us as weak is because we are in a tier/raid that favors padding and AOE add damage. We are still top 2 single target spec. At the highest end, 99% parses on single target, we are top 2. Rogues and Demon hunters. Thats all. So for single target, we are EXTREMELY competitive. When you look at parse ranks, click over to BOSS DAMAGE, because thats our speciality.

In Emerald nightmare, most fights were single target, 5/7 bosses. So Assassination rogues were king. But in Nighthold we only have 3 single target fights out of the 10. And every other fight is padd damage central. Not an area that we can compete without sacrificing what we are good at. A competent raid leader/guild understands this, if not then they are stupid and bad at their jobs. That rogues are there to kill the boss, not to mindlessly do aoe damage that doesn't matter.

So if you are a rogue in NH, you are there to destroy the boss, your ranking is in boss damage, not yolo aoe. If you understand this and accept it, then rogues are very very good at what they do. If you want to do the biggest numbers on meters to stroke your ego, then rogue is not for you. Go play Boomkin.
    Last edited by Sonics12; 2017-02-11 at 12:07 AM.

I've seen quite a few Rogues remain on the boss while others go to priority targets on kill videos for some of the very high ranking guilds. Aside from priority targets that absolutely need every ounce of DPS regardless of the cost, I think there are quite a few raid leaders out there willing to listen to your issues that will understand you staying on one target situationally. For instance, on some fights I'll stay on the boss even if another target is out if my Nemesis was already placed on the boss; it's not worth losing 25% overall damage in many situations. In others, it is worth the loss and I'll swap regardless.

Communicate your issues to your raid leader if you really think you are having such tremendous issues. Outside of that, you really can't base the entire class/spec on your experience with PUGs. Start doing more premade group content when possible where people understand your strengths and differences and don't care as much when you underperform in one of your weaker areas, as long as you excel where your strengths are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonics12 View Post

So if you are a rogue in NH, you are there to destroy the boss, your ranking is in boss damage, not yolo aoe. If you understand this and accept it, then rogues are very very good at what they do.
    Exactly so.

One of the best specs for ST, even more true if there's some kind of movement or cloakable mechanics. As soon as adds die without causing a wipe, all a guild needs is boss damage. Extra aoe power is pointless. Anyone with a brain can understand this. Sure, that doesn't apply to normal pugs and whatever...but anyone above that understands.

The only difficult situation is when raiding in a low number guild (12-14 people) and everyone has to do all the mechanics, rather than letting your rogue sit on the boss pumping out a steady and sustained 6-700k with no falloff.

Quote Originally Posted by rezilve View Post

The only difficult situation is when raiding in a low number guild (12-14 people) and everyone has to do all the mechanics, rather than letting your rogue sit on the boss pumping out a steady and sustained 6-700k with no falloff.
    well we did a HC NH boost today boosting 6 people as 15
    and i could still just train the boss on anything but guldan where i had to swap to the big eye and the big demon add
    so even in smaller guilds it's managable

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    People that hold their guild back by refusing to play the most competitive spec of their class are pretty cool when they tell us how glad they are to represent minorities.

Thats fine when you don't have 19 other people spending hours of their lives to carry your butt through the content. Unless you 1 or 2 shot the content of course then at that point who cares but I doubt that for Star augur.

Also rogues are not weak. Sub and outlaw need a rework but other than that we have at least a place with assassin and single target damage.
    Unless of course they don't hold their guild back.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Unless of course they don't hold their guild back.
    Not playing to your classes best abilities/strengths is not fully utilizing your class, aka holding back your raid members.

Welcome back, try not get banned so quick this time.

i have sin with 44 traits and outlaw with 35

in nighthold i never go below 550k dps ... if its a ST fight i go sin

if there is heavy cleave i go outlaw slice and dice swordmaster

and right now with the catch up system ... u need less than 5 hours to grind outlaw from 0 to 35

Not playing to your classes best abilities/strengths is not fully utilizing your class, aka holding back your raid members.

No, not playing your toon to your best abilities/strengths is holding back your guild members. Not to mention the possibility of having a guild which holds you back.

Thanks, try to see a barber soon, you look ridiculous.
    -Voltaire
    winning

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...metric=bossdps

hmmm damage to boss says otherwise :thinking:

No, not playing your toon to your best abilities/strengths is holding back your guild members. Not to mention the possibility of having a guild which holds you back.

Thanks, try to see a barber soon, you look ridiculous.
    Is that why people are stacking unholy dk instead of frost for mythic NH?

Edit* Wouldnt expect you to know a sportsman.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-02-11 at 12:50 AM.

Play Feral and than say again that Rogue is weak :-)

Is that why people are stacking unholy dk instead of frost for mythic NH?

Edit* Wouldnt expect you to know a sportsman.
    Must be a football player, they always have the most ridiculous hair.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Must be a football player, they always have the most ridiculous hair.
    But seriously. Do you think each spec is some difficult thing that requires people to play the spec for years to master and they are best with that spec, and simply cant just learn how to use more effective specs in a month or two.

Its not just WoW, look at any popular online game. Each has a revolving door policy towards "meta" gameplay that is trickled down by the pros.

Roll a UH DK or Feral druid or Destro lock or fire mage then try keep up with rogues on single target. Pro tip you cant. Single target is our place. And assassin is the most single target damage spec we have, end of.

other classes do AoE and burst AoE far better.

It was called the warlords/legion prune.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-02-11 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ntence View Post
    I"m talking about mythic raiding at the top level.
    You mean that level where you take 2-3 rogues to any of the last encounters ? Can't be that weak

But seriously. Do you think each spec is some difficult thing that requires people to play the spec for years to master and they are best with that spec, and simply cant just learn how to use more effective specs in a month or two.

Its not just WoW, look at any popular online game. Each has a revolving door policy towards "meta" gameplay that is trickled down by the pros.

Roll a UH DK or Feral druid or Destro lock or fire mage then try keep up with rogues on single target. Pro tip you cant. Single target is our place.

other classes do AoE and burst AoE far better.

It was called the warlords/legion prune.
    I'm not denying that, but not everyone is a mythic raider on the top of the game. It is indeed ok to be less then the most effective, if it fits your situation. If your raid fails because you don't meet the minimum DPS or you fail mechanics because you were occupied with your buttons, then you should consider to change a thing or two, maybe your spec, maybe your UI, but there are much more people casually (as in not hardcore) playing along then there are raids being held back by people preferring their pet spec.

I wish people would stop looking which spec/class is the best and other people to simply learn to suck less.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Except my raid leader would rather have a more versatile spec than a boss tunneling spec. So we have two sub rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    You mean that level where you take 2-3 rogues to any of the last encounters ? Can't be that weak
    And still not a single rogue have topped any mythic logs in NH ?